Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Pistons Specs

2ndGenGuy

Re: GROUP BUY: Performance Pistons

I am looking for high-compression pistons. It sounds like you guys want the low CR for turbo. If we go that route, I'll probably be out. Yeah and how reputable is the machinist? Also, if we did go high compression, I would want to go pretty high too... I don't know how many people are going to want to go the same route as me...

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

dude i paid 565 for my diamond racing pistons, totally one off custom, with BADASS rings.

www.diamondracing.net

you could probably get them cheaper, but i got a really nice setup. i lowered the ring positions etc for stronger ringlands, and the machine shop suggested some other modifications too i think.

call them up and ask for eric.

Vehicle

http://a20turbo.com/features/chris/i...r/IMG_0422.jpg

mmm mmm dish. we had to hammer them in there cause the rings were pretty tight.

1.2 1.2 2.8 rings, just like the badass boosted cars use! i had to go with .050 bore to use these rings, cuase they didnt have them available in .040 overbore, which is the minimum that my motor needed. i imagine they have the nice total seal rings in sizes that are closer to normal honda pistons.

Check out there order form to get an idea of what you will need to know before hand:
    http://www.diamondracing.net/orderform.pdf

they can be made from different materials depending on your needs. sean went with diamond way back in the day too, he actually had some deals in the low 400 dollar range, but when i called them they didnt have any of those pistons still available at those prices.
    Last edited by bobafett; 09-09-2006 at 06:31 AM.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Holy shit, those pistons look beautifull. Are you using b18 rods or a20 rods?

EDIT: NM i just read your site. So did the psitons bolt onto the rod with no problems or did they have to be modified?
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    1989 LX Sedan, 1989 LX-i Sedan (Parts Car)

Damn, those prices are nearly what I paid for EIGHT slugs in my Mopar Magnum 360!!!!

I have Ross Racing Pistons Forged 12.3:1 CR in my 360, .030 over, with Speed-Pro Moly File Fit rings, Custom cut for my engine, all together was around $700.

I can't see paying nearly $600 for half the stuff in a Honda engine....
    Last edited by RamThis; 09-09-2006 at 11:38 AM.
    View my Image Gallery
    1989 Honda Accord LX
    2006 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    1996 Dodge Ram 1500
    2000 Dodge Ram 1500
    1996 Acura Integra GSR VTEC (GONE)

MY 3G UPDATE THREAD

Vehicle

the pistons and rods bolted right together. i bought eagle h-beam rods for an LS intregra (b18)...

the trick is, when u get your pistons made, get them made with a 21mm wrist pin, NOT the stock 19/20mm pin.

as long as you have the 21mm pin you are good to go, cause the dimensions of the rods are perfectly compatible.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett
    the pistons and rods bolted right together. i bought eagle h-beam rods for an LS intregra (b18)...
    the trick is, when u get your pistons made, get them made with a 21mm wrist pin, NOT the stock 19/20mm pin.
    as long as you have the 21mm pin you are good to go, cause the dimensions of the rods are perfectly compatible.

Awsome dude, Great info.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

I'm going turbo also, so you've got my attention although the diamond pistons sound quite nice.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by EricW
    I'm going turbo also, so you've got my attention although the diamond pistons sound quite nice.

I might just turn this into a diamond group buy thread. I will need to talk to them first.

Vehicle

yeah call them up and ask for eric. all the people at diamond were super friendly. the people at cometic are great too, just throwing that out there since it seems like we may have some more boosting brothers soon!

diamond made certain suggestions for me, such as going with a ring that wasnt gapless. they say that yes, it might be worth 5whp, but i would have to service the engine every 10,000-15,000 miles. so i opted for just normal chromoly total seal ring package, which will wear normally, so i wont have to tear apart my motor every few months.

Vehicle

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1243
    http://a20turbo.com/3geez/CompRatioChart.xls

Job # 22507

u can probably use a lot of these specs, but you will not want the bore. i can check with my machine shop to see if every other number would work with your a20's or if there was a reason for doing the numbers just for my car.

Vehicle

Now we need to find a steady way to get Turbo manifolds. Turboing the a20 should be simple for people that have good knowledge of cars. My setup will be simple a20 block, eagle(or something similer) rods, 83MM pistons, OBD1 conversion. I plan to keep AC, CC, and remove PS. There is a shop around here called turbo boss that i am going to speak with. I can't wait and thanks for all the info bobafett.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

hmm ill find my job number. I talked to Ron at diamondracing, hes awesome! I used B18B rods and had the pistons made with a 21mm wrist pin so the rods were an exact match, i used crower I beam rods. My pistons were 9:1 .030 overbore pistons with full floating pins, they were absolutely fabulous looking! I also went with the tool steel top ring (boost tends to ruin the moly coating on moly rings)
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle

yeah if you guys just use accord epicenters info, and choose the overbore diameter you should be safe!

i agree, all we need now is a good source on a few different manifolds. i would definetly throw some cash towards the f22parts.com guy, but i didnt really get the vibe that he was actually planning on building anything. but it was closer than we have been before.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett
    yeah if you guys just use accord epicenters info, and choose the overbore diameter you should be safe!
    i agree, all we need now is a good source on a few different manifolds. i would definetly throw some cash towards the f22parts.com guy, but i didnt really get the vibe that he was actually planning on building anything. but it was closer than we have been before.
    i talked to the guy and he said all he needs is a gasket so he can make them. but everyone just kinda backed off oh well atleast i got the guy to come one here and talk to you guys
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

SEi User

Yo bobafett the springs in your signature picture are they doubles all round? If so what did you get them from?? Or was it something i recommended?
    As for pistons i'd really like a flat top set with only three valve reliefs and the 21mm full floating titanium pin do you think diamond would do that?

Vehicle

the springs were purchased from another member who unfortunately doesn't know anything about them (and cant even remember where he bought them ) i wish i could give you more info cause i have a super nice valve train, but no idea how to duplicate it. but yes they are double springs all aroung. this setup (with the Ti retainers etc) is supposed to be good to 8500rpm. not that my bottom end would like that.

diamond 'might' be able to. but you would have to be specific about valve location. they are pretty good to work with so its worth giving them a call.

as for the turbo manifolds, i am probably just going to have a log made locally since i have a good portion of the materials, but i will be looking into ram horn style manifold as well for the future... and his f22 equal length manifolds look pretty impressive, so i think he would be a great person to go through.

Vehicle

si industries made all the stuff on my head, titanium retainers, race valves, dual springs all the way around, serious hardcore race stuff

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    si industries made all the stuff on my head, titanium retainers, race valves, dual springs all the way around, serious hardcore race stuff

How much did that run you. I have been thinking of going through paeco

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    Is this the company your talking about? http://www.sivalves.com/index.htm

You wouldn't happen to have an order number or something that could be used for them to refer to would you?

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle

yes i believe that is them. Sry, i have no ordering or part number info on anything i have (came on a race head that was already put together). For Diamond Racing, My job number is 24582 and it cost me $490.56 with rings and wrist pins, shipping was an additional $16 but they came in a nice big box and packaged well. Basically they are .030" over stock bore pistons (stock compression or very close) with tool steel top rings and regular second and oil rings, and 21mm full floating wrist pins.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

dude i paid 565 for my diamond racing pistons, totally one off custom, with BADASS rings
    Do you stil have the "order form"? if you ordered custoum...
    Can you help me up?

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i

Diamond Pistons Specs

There are forged pistons everywhere for the b18c1 with an 83mm bore so you would have to have your engine bored a little bit. Use a set of b18c1 pistons on a set of b18 rods and it should work?? I don't see why not then again the best way to tell is have a piston in each hand.

9:1 Comp in B18c1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-Pi...QQcmdZViewItem

11:1 Comp in b18c1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CP-Pi...QQcmdZViewItem

Am I wrong? I know you would also have to use b18c1 rings but shouldn't this work? Just trying to make things a little easier on us.

Vehicle

Re: This May Be A Dumb Question... About Pistons

it would depend on the distance from the center of the pin hole to the face of the piston, but it might be possible. although for that price you could get totally custom pistons from diamond racing, and they would work with you to build EXACTLY what you need.

you might call them up and ask how similar a20 pistons are to b18 pistons. we know the rods are pretty much compatible.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX-i

Re: This May Be A Dumb Question... About Pistons

JE Pistons are about $400. What these are is B18C1 bored .080. These pistons are redily available through that company and JE both in low and high compression. Does anybody out there have a B18C1 Piston? We need to know how far up the pin is in the piston. I put a set of diamond pistons in my car not to long ago BEFORE i knew I could put forged b18 rods in her and paid an arm and a leg for forged a20a3 pistons. I just need the dimensions on a b18c1 piston.