Thread: 84 Emblem...

Vehicle
    84 Accord LX Sedan

84 Emblem...

my damn front-end emblem broke and I have no idea where I can find another one.....

- The Rockcord (AKA CJ)
    84 Light blue LX sedan 265000
    88 Accord LXi Sedan w/ A18 swap to EFI 288xxx

BT mafia All the way
    (or Prelude power)

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: 84 Emblem...

were 84 and 85 the same? if they were I think I can help you,won't be until next week before i can get out there though,hey is yours a manual? I have the 85 pac man orange logos shift knob from an 85,want it?

2ndGenGuy

Did you try the Honda dealer? They might still have some old stock hanging around. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore, but usually they've got a bunch of stock of things like that... I picked one up for my car a few years ago.

Yeah the 84 and 85 were exactly the same. The shift knob you're describing is from the Hatchback. The hatches got orange lettering and illumination on everything. I guess the hatches were sportier, so needed sportier gauges.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    Did you try the Honda dealer? They might still have some old stock hanging around. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore, but usually they've got a bunch of stock of things like that... I picked one up for my car a few years ago.

Yeah the 84 and 85 were exactly the same. The shift knob you're describing is from the Hatchback. The hatches got orange lettering and illumination on everything. I guess the hatches were sportier, so needed sportier gauges.
    well if SOMEONE wants it,it is a hatch they've got,no drivetrain,but some body stuff. I forgot to mention try ebay,I looked up honda emblems and there were piles of N.O.S. new old stock ones,every kind of honda badge new and used was there. most of them cheap too.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

they junkyard...but i would rather get a new one like lostforawhile said..ebay...

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

3 and 4 door versions might use different H logos in front. The 3 doors have the H attach to the painted header panel. Looks like the sedan has an H in the grill area. Lostforawhile, do you know if the junker HB is an LX trim or not?

Vehicle
    84 Accord LX Sedan

Ill try Pick-A-Part, a custom shifter is on my to-do list, but not on the price list yet, im gettin a new upgraded muffler soon, then a shifter... but My dad mentioned taking the car back when I'm done... so I think Im gonna shop for a n 86 acc

- The Rockcord (AKA CJ)

BT mafia All the way
    (or Prelude power)

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockcord
    Ill try Pick-A-Part, a custom shifter is on my to-do list, but not on the price list yet, im gettin a new upgraded muffler soon, then a shifter... but My dad mentioned taking the car back when I'm done... so I think Im gonna shop for a n 86 acc
    Boo! I don't wanna get flamed, but don't get an '86 Accord! Sure, they're styled better, handle better, are faster, and are put together better, and are more reliable and get better gas mileage, and are more comfortable... okay, maybe if your dad takes the 84 back... but hang on to that 84 if you can!! Who am I supposed to BS with locally if you get rid of it?

Vehicle
    84 Accord LX Sedan

I would like to keep the 84, but he wants it back when I can get a new car... so I can't really tell him no... but I fixed the emblem problem, but I cheated, saw an 85 that was all 'mexied' out, so I thought that they didnt deserve it anymore

- The Rockcord (AKA CJ)

BT mafia All the way
    (or Prelude power)

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

if you are going to go for a 3rd gen accord at least get a 89 lx-i 5 speed.....im happy with mine.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

I would like to keep the 84, but he wants it back when I can get a new car... so I can't really tell him no... but I fixed the emblem problem, but I cheated, saw an 85 that was all 'mexied' out, so I thought that they didnt deserve it anymore
    So you stole the emblem off the messican's car? Man, that's not cool. I'm sure the owner didn't appreciate his old Honda like a lot of us do, but not cool to just jack anything from another car. I know they may never even notice or care, but still not cool. Now, if it were abandoned at a salvage yard or something, then it's on. Trust me, there are quite a few Civics and Accords out here with yellow mirrors, HomeDepot bodykits, no muffler, and tape holding the window glass in place. I have never felt like I deserved any of their parts! I'd love to have the whole damn car sometimes, but I wouldn't just rip something while they were parked.

2ndGenGuy

Yeah that's kinda lame. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think that an 84 Accord is lame and are fine with opening their doors into it and parking right on top of it just because its some old ass Honda. Just because you think the car is 'mexied' out and lame, doesn't mean that guy doesn't. Maybe he loves the car as much as we love ours. Even if it is ugly in your opinion or whatever. Just makes it that much uglier when people do that stuff, and discourages them from trying to keep it nice.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by offthahook
    3 and 4 door versions might use different H logos in front. The 3 doors have the H attach to the painted header panel. Looks like the sedan has an H in the grill area. Lostforawhile, do you know if the junker HB is an LX trim or not?
    I think it's a dx but am not sure

Vehicle

thats just rotten what if you had fixed up your car and some idiot stole a part off of it? come to think of it,someone stole the H off of civic accords honda,are you sure it wasn't his?

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

...you got the emblem, didn't you?
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    84 Accord LX Sedan

ok ok ok, I got it... I went back, and found the car, he must work there... I'll just fix mine back... All is repaired and I'm sorry for disgracing you

- The Rockcord (AKA CJ)

BT mafia All the way
    (or Prelude power)

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

it was a 88 and its mine

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    84 Accord LX Sedan

Smile Re: 84 Emblem...

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    were 84 and 85 the same? if they were I think I can help you,won't be until next week before i can get out there though,hey is yours a manual? I have the 85 pac man orange logos shift knob from an 85,want it?
    I would like to see if that pac-man shifter would fit if you are trying to get rid of it... sounds sweet!

- The Rockcord (AKA CJ)

BT mafia All the way
    (or Prelude power)

Vehicle

I would like to see if that pac-man shifter would fit if you are trying to get rid of it... sounds sweet!
    already taken,I will watch for another one for you though