Thread: power window main

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

power window main

Ok, I dont have access today to my schematic software. We all went out in the Accord today and coming home up the driveway I always hit the windows up one at a time. Well my wife and my daughter both decided they would hit thier window up switches at the same time I was hitting master switch up. Something blew out, now only the drivers window works. I have tried main switch on drivers door panel and it makes no difference. Only drivers window works now. I dont know where to start, all the fuses under the hood are good. I am going to have to get the two on the passenger side up somehow before it rains tommorrow.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: power window main

wow, ok I see
    well I had to get the other two windows up so I commenced to taking off the drivers door pull with the switch assy, I got the three screws out and it still would not budge. I really did not have time to take the whole door panel off, I would rather put together the other honda door panels which are off for trim work, Any how, I happend to try it again and SOB it worked, I did not do anything to fix it.musta been some sort of circuit breaker.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

moderator feel free to delete this thread, it is dead time it hit the water, and reasolved the issue with no prognosis actually.
    thanks

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Well, if you wanted to get the windows up, you can take the door panels off & put 12 volts straight to the window motors off of a battery. Might have to reverse polarity to get it up or down. (but don't seem like you want to mess with it)

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

double post
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 12-03-2006 at 12:10 PM.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Ohh, with this triple post, looks like he fixed it.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 12-03-2006 at 12:09 PM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by ddude2uc
    Well, if you wanted to get the windows up, you can take the door panels off & put 12 volts straight to the window motors off of a battery. Might have to reverse polarity to get it up or down. (but don't seem like you want to mess with it)
    Oh yea I know, I just did not want to break open more work here, I already had the door panels off over on the civic, working on door locks and window too.....I would better use my time to finish that and drive it til I could get around to the accord, I could park it under the carport for rain meanwhile, But, it fixed itself for now. There must be a circuit breaker inside the door module, cause I checked all fuses and relays, unplugged relays to depolarize them, still it did not work. Went back to take off armrest, it would not budge with three screws out, then I tried it again, and everything worked....
    It was wierd that only the drivers window worked , and on a Search on the forum , it turned up no problems similar to mine, but opposite....go figure

usually when only the driver's window works it is a problem in the main switch, which you can test by jumping the wire to ground.
    Glad it fixed itself!
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau