Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From Tokyo , Japan

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: Newbie from Japan!

yeah in japan they replace cars fast. thats why they have alot of engines that they import to the USA. mine was imported from japan....they say they have like 40k on the engines...i bet they scrap the cars so they can make new ones.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    2.0 UKDM EX-I 4WALB 3g accord maroon thats back in service after a year of standing in a field. also lookin 4 a 3g in SL

Quote Originally Posted by Jspec1
    Yeah I had a 3G when I lived in the States. It was an 86 DX and it was carbed and slow.. But I still had fun with it
    carbed and slow? its dosedover lol! i guess ur right do as always

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    yeah in japan they replace cars fast. thats why they have alot of engines that they import to the USA. mine was imported from japan....they say they have like 40k on the engines...i bet they scrap the cars so they can make new ones.
    i bet that's why our cars rust fast, cause there not ment to last 20 years :P lol

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

A lot of people are quick to get new(er) cars here. Not to say that Accords are rare. I see a lot of late 90's early '00's SIR(T) & Type-R models around. Also even the "new" Accord ( Acura TSX stateside) I see lots of those around as well. Japanese inspection/smog/registration laws are very strict. Even moreso than California. And I would know, I've registered a car there.
    Basically your engine has to be in tip=top shape for it to pass the inspection. And a lot of these older engines it almost pointless sometimes to spend hundreds of dollars to make it "legal" that a lot of people just junk them and get new ones. I still see some survivors around though. Mainly old school Skylines, BlueBirds( Datsun 510's) and Nissan Cedric's running around every so often. I do know of one Aerodeck for sale though.

Vehicle
    2.0 UKDM EX-I 4WALB 3g accord maroon thats back in service after a year of standing in a field. also lookin 4 a 3g in SL

login

/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=709515

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Re: login

Quote Originally Posted by sds
    /forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=709515
    umm

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Hi Welcome here!

You own a Supra. Nice. A MK3 or MK4?

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4

Welcome! You are the fourth honourable member with Japanese string. Are you interested in Aerodeck with B18 twin carb? There is one gentleman living in Sagamihara, Kanagawa who are going to give away Aerodeck last months. I believe he hasn't yet so if you are interesed in, check it out;

http://136.teacup.com/tayama/bbs

Also, there are some hidden BBS in Japan if you miss CA friends there. I am sure you have been these but just in case;

http://groups.google.co.jp/group/aerodeck
    http://faom.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/the_ca/aska.cgi
    http://6817.teacup.com/accord/bbs

Do you read/write Jap?
    Supra sounds cool. Do you go to Wangan or Hakone every weekend? How are things there these days?

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyAZ
    I guarantee you are going to get a lot of retards asking your to send them parts, I can see it now. Just be prepared..
    LOL. buy yeah, that'd be cool if you could tell us about any cool parts you can find over there. ha. but yeah, welcome to 3geez. a lot of us know other stuff beyond 3rd gen accords, so this site is helpful in other ways.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

No Messy... In Japan if you dont have parking space, you dont gona get permition to by a car and they replace cars so fast coz of if one car is older then 4 years, its tho expensive with all crap like CO2 tax, Insurence and many ather reasons, makes not profitible to one old car, it practicoly cheper to by new one. As far as i know.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

Quote Originally Posted by carotman
    Hi Welcome here!

You own a Supra. Nice. A MK3 or MK4?

Its an MK3. It's got the Twin Turbo 1G-GTE engine. So far I have an HKS exhaust, Trust BOV, Apexi 3"exhaust, Tein springs with 5 way adjustable Tein dampers, Razo turbo timer, knob & pedals, USDM Kenwood Excelon deck w/ Kenwwod speakers, 225/45R-16 Falken Ziex ZE512's.

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

Quote Originally Posted by epic1400cs
    Welcome! You are the fourth honourable member with Japanese string. Are you interested in Aerodeck with B18 twin carb? There is one gentleman living in Sagamihara, Kanagawa who are going to give away Aerodeck last months. I believe he hasn't yet so if you are interesed in, check it out;

http://136.teacup.com/tayama/bbs

Also, there are some hidden BBS in Japan if you miss CA friends there. I am sure you have been these but just in case;

http://groups.google.co.jp/group/aerodeck
    http://faom.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/the_ca/aska.cgi
    http://6817.teacup.com/accord/bbs

Do you read/write Jap?
    Supra sounds cool. Do you go to Wangan or Hakone every weekend? How are things there these days?

I go down to Daikoku which is right off the Wangan in Yokohama as often as I can. The Wangan is one of my favorite places to "cruise". Also like going down the Tokyo Aqualine, Shuto Expressway, Chuo Expressway ( my personal favorite. No Gatso's!!) even the Tomei Expressway can be fun too when traffic isnt bad. Problem is there are lots of speed camera's so you kinda have to be careful. I heard that a lot of people go to Chiba, kinda by Narita Int'l Airport also?. BTW where is Hakone at? I also love to go up in the mountains. Nothing beats a good curvy road!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)

see any real life street drifting in japan? i know you never see them here, on the streets anyways. just the lame 'ol drag racing, which gets old cus there's more to driving/going fast than on a straight line. you only see drifting around here in those drifting exhibition shows at local race tracks.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by sds
    so u had ur 3g in da us? or what?? The 3g rare JAYPAN? Kill ur self now! anyway i want anything f1
    This makes no sense.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    see any real life street drifting in japan? i know you never see them here, on the streets anyways. just the lame 'ol drag racing, which gets old cus there's more to driving/going fast than on a straight line. you only see drifting around here in those drifting exhibition shows at local race tracks.
    Of course I have. Drifting is what's really popular here. Drifting is to the Japanese what drag racing is to Americans. I usually go up the mountains and have a little fun myself. But I personally am not really into drifting. I'd rather have a grip racer. I like to go just fast enough around the corners in my Supra that the rear end only steps out ever so slightly. Occasionally a good drift is in order though

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi Coupe, 07 Civic Si Coupe, 08 Civic hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar
    This makes no sense.

Yeah, I will remember to file Him away on My list of douchebags on this site.

Vehicle
    1986 SE-X accord R.I.P,1986 LX-I hatch R.I.P,1988 accord coupe project

welcome to the board bro,nice to see another JP member on board-I hope you decide to stick around too,its a very cool group and its alot more laid back compared to other boards

Hey can you get me EK Civic Type R/SI-r parts,if you can that would be the shit!

Vehicle
    2 x 1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck 2,0i Exclusive Edition(lather, and one with A/C)

Hi there,
    Greetings from Poland.

It's a shame to get the info that 3rd. gen is rare in JPN.
    Supra is nice, even very nice, but if You love CA-Accord,
    buy one and use it from time to time :-)
    You have an oprotunity even to find one with digital dash, or B20A
    if you look for it...
    If reading about 3rd gen is Fun for You, than driving one again will be
    a big pleasure, go for it :-)

have a nice ride
    P|eszczoH

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4

I go down to Daikoku which is right off the Wangan in Yokohama as often as I can. The Wangan is one of my favorite places to "cruise". Also like going down the Tokyo Aqualine, Shuto Expressway, Chuo Expressway ( my personal favorite. No Gatso's!!) even the Tomei Expressway can be fun too when traffic isnt bad. Problem is there are lots of speed camera's so you kinda have to be careful. I heard that a lot of people go to Chiba, kinda by Narita Int'l Airport also?. BTW where is Hakone at? I also love to go up in the mountains. Nothing beats a good curvy road!
    Hakone has two major stages. One is called "Hakone Kyu-dou" means Hakone's old street. Other is "Hakone Turn Pike". Kyu-dou is as it says, old very tight and twisty street from the bottom of the Haokone mountain called Hakone Yumoto to the top of Hakone. This one is popular among motor bike riders but also for light weight cars, you can try some drifting but be careful. Turn Pike is relatively new route replacing the Kyu-dou and you need to pay sometime I don't know now. Layout is much nicer you will hit over 120km/h easily with high speed cornering. This one is wider so it will be good for bigger cars like 911, Soupra, Skyline and Z I suppose. Other location around Tokyo is Tsuzura-ore in Nikko, Tochigi and Okutama which is further out side of west Tokyo. Good luck.

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

Quote Originally Posted by epic1400cs
    Hakone has two major stages. One is called "Hakone Kyu-dou" means Hakone's old street. Other is "Hakone Turn Pike". Kyu-dou is as it says, old very tight and twisty street from the bottom of the Haokone mountain called Hakone Yumoto to the top of Hakone. This one is popular among motor bike riders but also for light weight cars, you can try some drifting but be careful. Turn Pike is relatively new route replacing the Kyu-dou and you need to pay sometime I don't know now. Layout is much nicer you will hit over 120km/h easily with high speed cornering. This one is wider so it will be good for bigger cars like 911, Soupra, Skyline and Z I suppose. Other location around Tokyo is Tsuzura-ore in Nikko, Tochigi and Okutama which is further out side of west Tokyo. Good luck.

Tochigi is a little too far for me to just go for a drive and then leave. It's about 2 or 3 hours. Okutama on the other hand is right in my backyard and I go up there almost on a weekly basis. I can drive that road with my eyes closed. Well almost anyways.. I know of better roads that I roll up and down in that area though. I also go up RT.299 in Saitama prefecture from Iruma to Chichibu. I love that road! There is also Rt. 53 that goes up to Naguri. Very badass road as well. Tsuzura-ore is also one that I've driven before.

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

[QUOTE=wprocomp]welcome to the board bro,nice to see another JP member on board-I hope you decide to stick around too,its a very cool group and its alot more laid back compared to other boards
    Hey can you get me EK Civic Type R/SI-r parts,if you can that would be the shit![/QUOTE]

What kinda EK9/EK4 parts are your looking for?

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

Quote Originally Posted by P|eszczoH
    Hi there,
    Greetings from Poland.
    It's a shame to get the info that 3rd. gen is rare in JPN.
    Supra is nice, even very nice, but if You love CA-Accord,
    buy one and use it from time to time :-)
    You have an oprotunity even to find one with digital dash, or B20A
    if you look for it...
    If reading about 3rd gen is Fun for You, than driving one again will be
    a big pleasure, go for it :-)
    3Gee's had a Digidash option?

Vehicle
    2 x 1989 Honda Accord Aerodeck 2,0i Exclusive Edition(lather, and one with A/C)

3Gee's had a Digidash option?
    Yep :-)
    climatronic too....
    and B20A 16V 160PS engine... in JDM.
    power folding mirrors...

have a nice ride
    P|eszczoH

Vehicle
    Toyota Supra TT

I knew about the B20A's, I didnt know about the Climatronic either. I knew about the power folding mirrors though. All the mirrors have to fold either power or otherwise, here in Japan. It's Japanese law.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

I knew about the B20A's, I didnt know about the Climatronic either. I knew about the power folding mirrors though. All the mirrors have to fold either power or otherwise, here in Japan. It's Japanese law.

cool can you find out how much you can get them for....maybe we can start a group buy or something.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned