81. You may not vote on this poll
  • SILVER

20 24.69%
  • TITANIUM

40 49.38%
  • BLACK

21 25.93%
Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) Updated Price: $112

Vehicle
    Honda Accord 1988 EX-i

Exclamation 50 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) Updated Price: $112

This Golden Eagle Group buy has ended,

Join the new Bisimoto group buy!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70824

To All Interested in an Adjustable Cam Gear. This Group Buy is for Golden Eagle ONLY!!!
    If you have another cam gear at a chaeper price then offer it in your own thread.
    We don't need a repeat of the last GE thread!
    Do not advertise it here, do not discuss it here.

Price: $125
    Color: Pick one
    Quantity: 50

Quote Originally Posted by military mase
    Well i can see no one has been on this thread in a while so i'll start this off with a list after this. I already gave all the info about the cam gaer. You will have to work with me on the price a little because of shipping but i'll try to suck some of it up. If you want a cam gear put your name in in the list how many and color. We will stick with the silver/titanium, blue and red like last buy. Once your money had been put in i will put paid by your name. Understane this buy could talk a bit cuz 50 is a big # so have some patients but i will keep you informed . Once we get closer to the 50 we need i will put a suspense date so all money is in so the deal will be close. I just have to open up another acct for this cuz i don't like mixing my personnal money with biz transactions. I should have one open within the next couple of weeks so give me a bit. I'll keep talking with GE to make sure all the angles are covered so everything goes smooth. (Just copy and paste to keep it going)Thx.
    CAM GEAR GROUP BUY price is 124.72 so just make it 125 bucks even as of right now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. mase / 2 / silver,blue

Silver

Titanium

Black

Blue

Red

I'm surprised they don't offer yellow.

Hey I was wondering if anyone could suggest a cam gear for my 1988 efi, auto. I have put in a Colt Cam Stage I, Pacesetter Header, K&N airfilter and the CAI is on it's way. But I'm not sure about the cam gear? How much are they? Is one better than another?

Thanks for your help

That doesn't sound to promising? I know this might sound stupid, but is it possible to use a different cam gear off a different car. For example Civic or Acura? I did read the thread about getting a group of guys to place an order for some...what happened to that?
    Last edited by A20A1; 01-14-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe 91 LX coupe

Re: Adjustable Cam Gear

is there still a high demand for thsese?? We put together the first group buy together and we'd need to make 10 per color to get another production run on these.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord 1988 EX-i

If what you guys are telling me is that they are hard to get...and someone is willing to get a production run put together. I don't care about color...just sign me up for one (hahaha).

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothermike
    is there still a high demand for thsese?? We put together the first group buy together and we'd need to make 10 per color to get another production run on these.
    I think there is a pretty good demand for another run. Thats why i paid $275 for mine.. I know that I could have gotten one cheaper through a group buy but I wasn't going to hold my breath. A word to the wise. 1/2 down so only the serious people post up.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    89 accord EX-i 88 accord hatch s
    I'd buy one, color doesent matter to me

titanium works for me too. As long as its not some ridiculous color im down with it. So it either has to be gold or titanium lol

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx
    Ok , I just talked with Robert from GE and he told me that to make them again they need an order of 50 to make them again. I see on here all the time people asking for them so i know there is a demand for them. The thing is are people gonna go all out and do what it takes to get them. Like i said on the other Cam gear thread it takes time and just to get the 50 some people are gonna have to buy 2 or 3 like me and some others had to do. If You want it bad enough then let's make it happen. Yeah,... i have mine but i want to see the ones who want the cam gear to have one too. I sent him another email on the price and i have to email him about the different colors that we can get so give me a few. I'm trying to work this in between my down times when i'm not out on missions here in Afghanistan so i'll see what's up.In the mean time get a good list of peps that want the cam gear. There is a thread for this but i don't know if everyone wants to start a fresh thread. the other one kinda fizzled out.
    Oh.... just read your thread Mike....are you in contact with GE?? I'm thinkin the goal can be met and the demand is there. Ther just dosent need to be anyone stepping on your toes kinda like what happened in the other thread. If everyone wants the GE one then it's For that one only so everyones one the same sheet of music.

i hear ya snoop....i already have 2(one on and one a spare). I don't need another one but for the benifit of the 3g fam i would buy one or 2 again just to fill some spots just to get the 50 we need. then just sell them on here for peps that didnt have the money at the time......I'm not gonna be around for a couple of day's so if you don't hear from me i havent forgotten. Once i get back i should have had a reply back from GE to see whats up. I say if Mike is up to getting it back staarted we could consult him just like last time as long as everyone is all in agreeance. I remember the first buy that we gave the money up front if i remember it was like 110 bucks. but that was on that buy. the price could have changed but not by much.

Sorry i but i just got back from mission and will be gone again. Still no repy yet but i'll e-mail him again and see what's up. I got to catch some major rack time right now. I'm beat.
    Alright, Alright..Simma down folks...Just got a response back from Richard from GE. It's like Mike said if you want a color you need 10 peps to order the same color. Also he quoted me a price of 124.72 bucks which is very reasonable. He told me about another site that makes them called BISIMOTO(still custom made) but i think we should stick with GE for this one so there's NO confusion. Any Mods seen Mike around . He could get this started better then me cuz i'm in no positon right now to do it considering i'm deployed plus he handled the last one i think anyway. So what's up 3g peps. If Mike can help out, everyone put your money where your mouth is and let's get this thang started

Well i can see no one has been on this thread in a while so i'll start this off with a list after this. I already gave all the info about the cam gaer. You will have to work with me on the price a little because of shipping but i'll try to suck some of it up. If you want a cam gear put your name in in the list how many and color. We will stick with the silver/titanium, blue and red like last buy. Once your money had been put in i will put paid by your name. Understane this buy could talk a bit cuz 50 is a big # so have some patients but i will keep you informed . Once we get closer to the 50 we need i will put a suspense date so all money is in so the deal will be close. I just have to open up another acct for this cuz i don't like mixing my personnal money with biz transactions. I should have one open within the next couple of weeks so give me a bit. I'll keep talking with GE to make sure all the angles are covered so everything goes smooth. (Just copy and paste to keep it going)Thx.
    CAM GEAR GROUP BUY price is 124.72 so just make it 125 bucks even as of right now.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. mase / 2 / silver,blue

Just remember to get a color made we need 10 of that color. Thx a bunch for understanding. Any help from other on here is a plus but i'm glad it's starting off well. you can't put a time frame one this cuz it's just not that many peps right now. When we get past the half way mark i'll start looking at a deadline date.

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord

I'd be down for one...titanium would be a good choice in color

<3 sohc
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...t=59236&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    It's something about being unique

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohardtohandle
    I just had a look on Google and came up with a Cam Gear @ Auto Parts Warehouse. It's a Edlebrock for $137.70 - $223.52. I have no idea were these cam gears rate in the world of cam gears, but I just thought I'd pass it along. There is no doubt that I'd be interested in anything that we here a 3geez come up with, just let me know and I'm in. My suggestion is to keep this thread alive, in fear of confusing anyone who might be interested in this second purchase?
    Hey Mase...I wish you nothing but the best of luck over there. Keep it tight.
    those are for b-series or f-series engines. not for a-series. i was excited the first time i saw that too until i realized they were selling them in sets or something obvious like that.

anyway, about a group buy. set it up. and yeah, a downpayment would definitely help weed out the serious from the curious. i think that's how the preludepower folks got an h22 mount group buy done for their 3g preludes. and on a side note, maybe we could get the b-series mounts copied and reproduced through them if we get enough people interested. and possibly even h22 mounts like preludepower people did. just find the people interested. i would put down money for them. not so much bc i want to use them, but to benefit the 3g community.

well if that's the price, i could possibly do up to 4 or 5, depending on when i get my tax refund and how much it is. check it out and see what the deal is this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    i say silver or titanium
    what he said. and if you hurry, i could probably do two or three. enough to make a decent part of a set. but quick, before i spend my money on something for the eclipse.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

Yeah for sure, I'm in...just let me know. And if there is anyone out there that would be willing to part with a spare cam gear...I'm more than willing to pay for it.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56356

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A
    Yeah for sure, I'm in...just let me know. And if there is anyone out there that would be willing to part with a spare cam gear...I'm more than willing to pay for it.
    I would very much like to get one, and even for the obnoxious price of over 150 bucks my silly ass will wind up getting one.
    why do I spend this ridiculous amount of money on a 20 year old, non classic car that has to wind out redline to even keep up with a stock Civic or even a 5000 pound car.. why why why
    count me in for mass order cam gears
    As far as tool makers bitching about going thru the trouble to make new set ups...
    I dont see why you cant get an unfinished gear for another motor and weld our teeth ring on it without making a whole new die set up, or even just reprogram the machine to just make the ring different, the hard part is already set up , the middle.

Alright, Alright..Simma down folks...Just got a response back from Richard from GE. It's like Mike said if you want a color you need 10 peps to order the same color. Also he quoted me a price of 124.72 bucks which is very reasonable. He told me about another site that makes them called BISIMOTO(still custom made) but i think we should stick with GE for this one so there's NO confusion. Any Mods seen Mike around . He could get this started better then me cuz i'm in no positon right now to do it considering i'm deployed plus he handled the last one i think anyway. So what's up 3g peps. If Mike can help out, everyone put your money where your mouth is and let's get this thang started
    eggg cell ant
    Not crazy about colors but if I have to I like the blue anodized or gold.
    Purple is not out of the question either, matches my ... never mind.
    I will follow the thread to see where who how when. 124 sounds very very good to me.

Vehicle
    Honda Accord 1988 EX-i
    There is no need to apologise.
    I know that the intention of all parties is to have a good time, share some information, have a few laughs, and at the end of the day enjoy this site for what it is. I have nothing but the greatest respect for all the guys that have helped me mod my accord. And quite honestly I feel guilty at the fact that my mechanical experience is so limited I feel as if I won't be able to return the favour. Other than whatever information has been provided by all of you.
    What makes this site so unique is that fact that we have people from all over the world sharing experiences, and passing along information about cars that we all love (and in some cases love to hate). My only suggestion is that we try and strive for the "higher" ground. Don't get pulled down into the shit; try and stay above it. Now lets all hold hands and sing Kumbaya (puke).

Any colour will do...just let me know who, when and where and I'll send the money. $125.00 US is about $6000.00 Can right ?
    Thanks Mase for looking into it for us.

Ok, so where do we go from here? Is anyone placing the order? Have we got enough people interested?
    If anyone needs help organizing/contacting/placing the order just let me know? I'm in Vancouver Canada...I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but I'm more than willing to get the ball rolling.

I'm hoping this thread doesn't die? It sounded to me as if there was enough interest to do a group buy? Has anyone heard anything?

I hadn't heard anything...and I'm happy to see Military back. I have offered before, and I'm still willing to do some leg work to get this project off the ground. Clearly there is enough interest to have a production done.
    Just let me know

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I'll see how this goes. Even thought I don't own a 3G at the moment, I still want to help out. Maybe the Prelude guys can join in too.
    If you're in the 40's and you still need more put me down for 1 black
    even though I'm partial to bronze... I can always paint it later.
    $125 is cheap
    Oh.... just read your thread Mike....are you in contact with GE?? I'm thinkin the goal can be met and the demand is there. Ther just dosent need to be anyone stepping on your toes kinda like what happened in the other thread. If everyone wants the GE one then it's For that one only so everyones one the same sheet of music.
    That last group buy was going so good
    Somebody screwed the whole board over by offering somthing other then the GE cam gear and not following through.
    I guarantee if somone post up offering a new or cheaper Cam gear in this thread other then GE's one then they'll get banned, mybe even for life. Make your own damn cam gear thread, don't inturrupt this group buy like last time, and if you can't follow through don't offer the product.
    I added this to the first post
    really color should not be an issue, we need parts not color swatches.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i

Re: 6 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) $125

when is the order is gonna be placed

took a whole year but i got the 100th post
    yet only took a month to get the 200th
    Dec. 05-Dec. 06
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest89sei
    CAH pops rice-a-roni in his pants!

Vehicle
    90 ED7 Si

Who do I send money to, and when?? DO I need to add like 20 for shipping??
    I can't read the signature rules so MrBen deleted my signature.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i say people put in a down payment....i saw how they did a group buy over at prelude power and they needed a downpayment just to get on the list. that would be best or alot of people might back out at the last sec.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    i say people put in a down payment....i saw how they did a group buy over at prelude power and they needed a downpayment just to get on the list. that would be best or alot of people might back out at the last sec.
    That sounds reasonable, it does not cost the buyer as much at once that way, and the treasurer does not risk coming out an a*s. There should be a way for a guarantor of the funds for those who put up not to have to feel anxious about their moola... That is seeing how there is going to be a time span to contend with.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Re: 12 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) $125

Well we need MM to put up a paypal accout to hold the monies.
    - llia

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah we need someone very responsibile to do that. i say half now and half later when they start going into production...but does anyone know any ETAs? because paypal only goes up to like 45 days

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Well either Just Another Mike takes the money or Military Mase.

I'd like to think Mase can be trusted
    - llia

Vehicle
    1995 Civic DX

sounds good with half now half later

95 Civic DX
    AEM short ram intake
    Focuz racing catback
    5 inch racing tach
    9mm NGK racing wires
    NGK iridium plugs
    Racing Chip rev limiter 8200 govonor eliminator (not installed)

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1
    Well either Just Another Mike takes the money or Military Mase.

I'd like to think Mase can be trusted

well i know mike personally and i dont think he might have the time he is a busy guy....il give him a call and see wuts up.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1995 Civic DX

Re: 15 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) $125

hey hey now why am i 5 and 6??? i should only be 5

95 Civic DX
    AEM short ram intake
    Focuz racing catback
    5 inch racing tach
    9mm NGK racing wires
    NGK iridium plugs
    Racing Chip rev limiter 8200 govonor eliminator (not installed)

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Re: 15 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) $125

it's a way to count the total number of gears... I put people buying more then once, the amount they are buying.
    - llia

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Re: 16 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) $125

Just to get you all further along on this group buy as I bought 3 from the last group buy. I will buy one each of the most popular colors ordered.

Don't know how you want to add this to the count.
    Phil

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lx

Re: 16 of 50 , Golden Eagle Adjustable Cam Gear ( group buy ) $125

Alrignt ....be patiant. My wife just had a baby so it's kinda hard for me to get out but i need to get another bank acct. cuz i don't want to use the one i use everyday. give me about a week or so. We got 16 real quick but remember once we get half way it get's harder to get. Like last buy we had to have all the money in and the 50 before they would be made. Once i get the other acct. I will be accepting half of the payment. I still need to get with GE on some stuff. Hope everyone understands.