Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad carb?

Re: Bad carb?

ok so just unplug one end and spray the cleaner in there? and does autozone have vacuum lines?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad89
    ok so just unplug one end and spray the cleaner in there? and does autozone have vacuum lines?

that is a good way to clean them out but you need to spray it over and if you have a leak it will show since the line would not hold vac. first spray it.....DONT UNPLUG them since you might not put them back right and your whole car will run crappier or not at all

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda
    that is a good way to clean them out but you need to spray it over and if you have a leak it will show since the line would not hold vac. first spray it.....DONT UNPLUG them since you might not put them back right and your whole car will run crappier or not at all
    Then how do i check for leaks?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

spray the bare lines and see if you idle changes.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord

the spray will seal any vacuum leaks for moment and cause your engine to rev slightly, pay attention where your spraying when the idle changes that is the hose also spray around the gasket at the base of the carb and the one where the intake contacts the engine Good Luck PS don't go off on shepard he does know his shit his posts have saved my ass more times than i care to admit

i'll do it this weekend im burrently busy with work and its night time when i get home.
    PS i only went off on shep cause he went off on me, what he said was uncalled for.

tomorrow i will test for leaks and if i find a messed up hose i will put duct tape on it to mark it. thanks for the help.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

i'll do it this weekend im burrently busy with work and its night time when i get home.
    PS i only went off on shep cause he went off on me, what he said was uncalled for.
    I believe you went off on him first, you have several times went off of one of us and had to come back and apologize. Just go back on all of your recent threads and re-read them, I did. So do not blame others for your impatience and ignorance with your own car. Good luck with your car BTW
    Everybody here has done nothing but try to help you and you seem like you do not want to listen to anybody. No need to reply
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 01-12-2007 at 07:50 AM.

im bored in class so ima reply, i have listened to everyone who has helped and i appreciate it very much, also sometimes when i went off on someone i was very angry at that moment.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

im bored in class so ima reply, i have listened to everyone who has helped and i appreciate it very much, also sometimes when i went off on someone i was very angry at that moment.

some times it takes time and patience to get what you want...and people that have been working on cars also help to.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

i am patient, i check the forums at school and home and i use my car everyday. I may have been impatient sometimes but im really patient.

tomorrow morning im taking it to a honda dealer and my dad knows a guy who will ride with me and see what the problem is.

well the dam car wouldnt start for some reason, probably because its too cold since we might get sleet or ice today.

well to keep yall updated, its freezing in the lower 30's and in my county were going into an ice storm watch, which means we might get icey roads and possibly snow. My car starts up fine now ever since i jumped it and i will take it to the dealers ASAP.

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Don't get discouraged; keep at it. And let us know what the dealer says. It might also be useful to get a written estimate for the repairs they think are needed.

C|

The weird thing is my car hasnt died on me at all yesterday. In the morning i drove to school, nothing, after school i drove to work which is across town on the east side of houston(20 min drive) car didnt die at all and i kept it under 3k rpm and trust me takes a long time to get up with the flow of traffic. Im glad my car didnt die on me at all yesterday but i think if i drive it in my normal way it would so ima keep driving like i am now until i get it to the honda dealer.

i took it to the dealers today and the car didnt die on me for two days so it didnt die when he drove it. Then on the way home from work it died 4 times, when i tried to start it back up the lights would dim and when it started and revved high the lights brightened up.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

i took it to the dealers today and the car didnt die on me for two days so it didnt die when he drove it. Then on the way home from work it died 4 times, when i tried to start it back up the lights would dim and when it started and revved high the lights brightened up.
    Well lights dimmed while start up because you were using the battery for the starter and the lights. So that would explain the dimming. High revving is normal for a carb i guess, mine does that as well when turned on even if the engine is hot.
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

it revved high from me pressing the gas.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

it revved high from me pressing the gas.
    You set the choke most likely.
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

yea thats what the guy from the dealer told me.

my older bro is 90% sure its the ignition, yall know a place to get them and install them? i mean the ignition where you insert the key and start the car.

today i was driving my car to school and it died on me like 4 times. I was down the street from my school and it died so i pulled over into the walgreens parking lot and i tried to start it up but it wouldnt start up, it kept trying and the rpm needle kept moving back and forward between like 0-100 rpm. So i pushed it to the back and walked to school. After school ima walk there and see it will start up, i hope it does.

While i was driving to school, i felt the car was about die again becuase when i pressed the gas it felt like it downshifted and the rpms dropped then when i left off the rpms go back up. When i pressed the gas and let off and repeated the car didnt die, i was kind of shocked and i shifted back into D4 and i kept driving, a few minutes later it died. This is really annoying, i have to find an ignition, please anyone help.

Oh and i wanted to tell shepherd this on aim he was always away, sorry man it was my fault i took your words as an insult when i was angry and frustrated. So im sorry.

ok today after school the car didnt start at all then me and my parents towed it to the honda dealer and its there now and i just got home. will keep yall updated.

DX User

Yep, you got a bad car. One time I posted on a internet forum and asked for help, but no one helped so I made another topic but still no one could help. People offered all kinds of advice, but in the end I had to figure out wtf was wrong. I still don't know what is wrong and its been 6 months and about 30 posts to different Honda forums. If your car aint fuel injected, there just ain't alot of help out there. I get alot of "its twenty years old man, let it go". I wonder what Cuban auto mechanics think of that attitude. Anyway Ahmed I feel for you bro, but ultimately I think you need someone who can look into your engine bay and put tools on the nuts and bolts. Even then you may have trouble getting help for such an old car in a country where 10 years is a long time to keep a car. Last week I was at the junk yard and even they are getting short on parts for our cars... I got what I needed but there werent any extras.
    Yeah so its admirable that you want to work on your car, but there are times when you gotta just admit that you're in too deep. Maybe you are a talented mechanic or maybe you don't know the diffrence between a impact socket and a twelve point box end. Bottom line is you can't ask people to draw you pictures of where you might need to look for problems and then loose your cool when they tell you to RTFM. We all have to use the manuals and its insulting to be asked repeatedly for information that is availible for you to read on your own. In the world that most of us live in asking someone for the answer to a question to save yourself the trouble of reading it is about as good as asking for a date with their sister. Don't be suprised if they are offended, but then again you might get a date.