Thread: Dammit! I'm doing my own work from now on!

Vehicle
    Weber'd LX

Dammit! I'm doing my own work from now on!

From now on I am doing my own work. One of the adapter plate bolts worked its way out most of the way and I noticed it just before it fell out. if one is loose I bet the other three are loose too but wont come out because of the weber's base plate partially covering them up. I guess this awnsers why my car has been seeming to loose power tiny bits at a time and now I have that odd power loss/stumbling problem.

to fix it I obviously need to get the loose adapter bolt back in, but do I need to locktite it in? Can locktite withstand the temperature of the intake manifold? Also, the other bolts are most likely loose as well but to get to them I have to remove the weber's base plate. I've never had the carb off the car personally, any help/ tips would be great!
    Accord has been replaced with a 2004 Solara SE Sport with 3.3 VVT-i V6...man does that car move...

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    I do know that locktite will work no problem, even with the heat of the manifold.

I dunno about the rest.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    Mine did the same thing, its the vibration of the motor that does it. When you retighten them use locktite high temp, I believe thats the red compound but it'll say on the bottle. Use it on every thing but the nuts that hold the carb down, they have spring washers and don't need it, plus locktite will make it hard to unbolt the carb. Also the gaskets for the baseplate are cheap and will probably rip when you take the adapter off. It might be a good idea to get some gasket paper and make some new ones, you can't buy new gaskets for the adapter afaik.

andy

Vehicle
    Weber'd LX
    lovely. I'll post more questions if some thing f's up.
    Accord has been replaced with a 2004 Solara SE Sport with 3.3 VVT-i V6...man does that car move...