Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWIN DUAL WEBER 40 45 DCOE HELP / OR IS 32/36 , 38 WEBER A BETTER CHOICE?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Hatch DX

Exclamation TWIN DUAL WEBER 40 45 DCOE HELP

Ok...I need to know about Duel Webers. What size webers and all of that good stuff. Which place should I get them from. Which brand should I get. Do I have to get to single webers and do some kind of tricked out conversion? I need everything on th duel webers....from how much work is needed and what kind of work.

Please help. Thanks

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    THE CARB
    2 - 45mm DCOE Webers
    the rest you'll have to look up. Phydeux did the conversion... just do a search for dual webers or dcoe
    - llia

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    The tough part will be having the intake manifold custom made. No one makes a sidedraft manifold for our cars. Search through Phydeaux's posts for the word "manifold". There are three parts to his discussion on having it custom made. I archived them all into a Word document for myself. Email me if you want it.

As far as the carbs go, you can get 2 Weber 40 DCOEs, 45 DCOEs or you can go a cheaper route and get Dellorto DHLA 40s or 45s. For our cars, 40s will work great, you would have to use the smallest jettings and chokes if you get 45s anyway, and they're more expensive. Weber has a bigger name in racing, but I've read that Dellortos produce the same power. Dellorto parts aren't as easy to find as Weber parts are, and since you'll want to buy your carbs used (twin DCOEs go for $200 on Ebay, Dellorto DHLAs for even less) you'll have to rebuild them and will need some extra parts. So even though DHLAs are a bit cheaper, DCOEs may be the way to go because of the availability of the parts.

I'm converting to twin 40 DCOEs in my car now, but Phydeaux already has them in his. Search through his posts to see how he did it. It's pretty much how I'm doing it, too.

If you plan on getting sidedrafts, email me. I have a whole list of websites you'll want to read through. You may also wanna pick up Des Hammil's powertuning book. It's been extremely useful to me so far.

The total conversion cost Phydeaux in the mid $700s, I think. I think I'll be able to convert mine for around $500. It's an expensive mod, but it's unique and will give some nice power gains.
    Mike Clark

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX

Weber 32/38 or DCOE?

Basically, I want more power for a good price. 600$ or less for parts. I don't want a major drop in gasmilage and I still have to pass emmisions. Which would be a better choice? Dual Weber DCOE or just single 32/36? Would I notice a major drop in gas milage with the DCOE? I realized I would get a major performance gain, but this is not geared towards racing.. I just want a little more power.

Thanks in advance..

P.S I know very little about carbs.
    My Car: 1986 LX Accord
    Mods: Clear bumper lenses
    Engine: Thinking of converting to EFI or Weber Carb

James

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX

Dual Weber Siderafts

I just read that someone on the board is running these currently and gets in the 15s. I was doing some calculations and that would mean his engine is putting out aruond 160-190hp at the flywheel and getting 140-170hp at the wheels. Would it really make that much of a difference? Thats a jump of at least 60hp.

James

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    how did you do your calculations?
    Alex.

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    oh man, if you drop the weber you will never pass emissions.
    you will have to remove all the vacuum crap out to get some room for the weber.
    but it will give you some major HP jump. i don't have weber but a lot of people do have it and they say it pulls nice with weber(s).
    Alex.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX
    well, I guess that rules the weber out. Damn..

James

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX
    If I just had $2,500 I could buy the Se-i for sale in Pheonix.

James

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    140 sounds good
    - llia

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Weber 32/36 can be tuned to run lean when you need to pass emissions.

just change the majority of the jets 0.05mm to 0.10mm smaller then they are stock with the 86-89 weber conversion kit.

the air correction jets are the only jets that will increase in size.

go up about 0.05mm to 0.10mm larger.

on the idle jets just go 0.05mm smaller

the main jets lower the secondary by 0.10mm and the primary by 0.05mm

the accel jet can stay the same... unles they give you a 55 acceleration pump jet... then go one lower to a 50 jet.

its really simple... just use a flat head screw driver revone the jet and screw the new size jet in it's place.. make a small diagram and or have a WEBER carb book handy.

I have:
    HP BOOKS
    WEBER CARBURETORS
    BY: PAT BRADEN

$17.95 U.S.
    $25.99 CAN.
    - llia

get the weber 32/36 for moderate power boost without the 10 mpg of the dcoe's :flame:
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

it's all induction man, the B20 gets 160 hp because of its DOHC design and EFI, if you get a pair of Webers like that on an A20 and stab a better cam in there I think 150hp shouldn't be too hard, the stock Keihin carb is a POS, I don't know how it flows more than 5000 RPM through those little barrels, but you wouldn't get anywhere near the fuel economy of the B20 I'm sure.
    Eric
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986/Accord/LX
    will I see 20+ mpg still with the Weber 32/36. Its nice getting 450-600 miles per tank. I don't want to have to spend lots of money on gas. BTW, Moderate power gains being? 5, 10, 15hp?

James

I think 15 hp is do-able with the 32/36 but more realistic #'s will be like 10 hp with some good economy jetting, I think you can still get 20 mpg, get the one with the EGR tap if its the same price to squeeze another mpg or two out of your motor.
    Eric

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord/HB

which weber?

ok...i got an A20A engine { im pretty sure} well...its all stock....im lookin for anything that might help it run faster and smoother....i dont have nearly enough money to do an engine swap and since its carbed and automatic, itd probly be more trouble than its worth. I was thinking about getting a weber carb but have no idea wich one..Can anyone give me a clue? also...is there anything else anyone would recomend to make performance better{ spark plugs, cleaning certain parts, wires, coil pack?}?

thanx in advance for any info.....

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    - Are the vehicles emission tested in your state?
    If you don't have to worry about emissions... you have 2 easy carb upgrades for your engine.

- 32/36 DGV WEBER
    - 38 WEBER

they both use the same adapter plate which you can get when you buy a weber conversion kit.
    - llia

Vehicle
    A20A1, is a 32/36 gonna fuck emmissions that bad? even with an EGR still in place? i would expect a big difference in a negative way, but do you think that even properly tuned it will be real bad?
    -Grant. I'm just a pirate chasing booty.

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments
    fuck that... ..in the spirit of site the proper weber to go with is either a pair of 40 or 45 DCOE's. Now that's what I'm talking about. if they give you a hard time about the emitions, just pop the hood and tell them to admire the masterpiece before them. When they lean in to get a closer look, just accidently "tap" the hood prop off the hood, and that should take care of that situation.
    -Mark D.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord/HB
    i dont know, im pretty sure emmissions arent tested...whats the "40 or 45 DCOE's" are they a realistic possibility?....or just something that would be cool if it was possible.

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    they are possible but alot of custom work is to be done. how come u dont know about emissions testing? if u dont have to get smog checked then u dont have emissions tests!
    Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LX/5-spd, 1994 Prelude Si/5-spd, 2004 Honda 1300 VTX
    I don't have to get smog checked here. So what kind of weber would be best? I was thinking the 32/36 but, I don't know what the 38 is. I would love to go with the dual carbs but, I can't make the manifold myself. I might as well buy some purple fuzzy handcuffs for my girlfriend, so I can cuff her up and... you get the point. (she has been wanting those forever and I finally found some) Wow it's 2:22 and i'm getting paid for typing, whoa I better stop typing before I start to ramble on and on like so...

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Dx
    sooo i have emissions here and if i get a weber, i will most likely fail emisisions, y? thanx
    1987 Honda Accord Dx [blue, soon will be black]
    ~JVC digifine 2.1 KDSH55
    ~4 Pioneer 6.5 in Speakers [2=160w]
    [2=200w]
    ~Profile CL600 watt amplifier
    ~2 [1200w each] 12 in Sony Explod
    Aluminum Subwoofers
    ~Profile Halogen Fog Lights
    ~2 Neon 17in Tubes [both blue]
    ~Dressed up engine and replaced wires and hoses, all nuts and bolts blue, blue and yellow wiring and silver accents
    ~Air Flipped Lid

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord/HB
    ok.....soooo for my car should i go with the 32/36?? or the 40 DCOE's...and which ones will require less work installing?

LX User
    Vehicle
    my tight ass 88 carbed lx accord!!! and a 95 teg
    i am in the same situation i have emissions here in ga. So what is my best set up somebody please help me. i have already emailed you A20AI i dont know if you got it but somebody help me out cause want to get the weber asap.
    flipping off cops isnt a good thing?

mods:
    Custom red and black interior by krylon, 95 gsr rims wrapped in yokohamas, apex n1 exhaust, carbon fiber hood, custom candy apple red tails, clear front turn signals, razo foot pedals, el gauges from pro car parts, carbon fiber gauge bezel, sparco color 2 steering wheel, limited editon sparco torino racing seat with 4 point clubman seatbelt, 7 inch in dash flip out screen dvd player, custom mounted kenwood flip out cd player mounted in casette holder, sei console, 2 7in. montiors to be mounted in headrest of sparcos, blue neon tubes, h4 headlight conversion with blue city lights,ngk plugs and wires

future mod. weber 32/36 with weber intake shaved handles and trunk