Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **ATTENTION found $50 2.5" drop spirngs for sale (if you don't mind off brand)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

**ATTENTION found $50 2.5" drop spirngs for sale (if you don't mind off brand)

http://www.lightspeedracing.com/products/springs.html

Lightspeeed custom design ultra high performance springs gives you a full 2-2 1/2 inch drop. Proper spring rates to maintain handling in all conditions. Powder coated in yellow.

Ok that's what the web site says. I know nothing about them, but $50 is,...well 50 bucks Like any lowering spring, more powerfull sturts are needed to do it right.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Hmmm, just noticed that some other applications say you are buying the front springs only. It doesn't say that with our cars. I'll send them a email and find out, jeez it pretty lame to list stuff that way.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads

Now I d

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Ok I just sent the email, hope they reply

Now I d

LX User
    Vehicle
    '87 Accord LX
    Thanks for doing that jim. you could also try to find out the spring rates to compare them to some of the others you've researched, but you probably though of that already. Anyway, good looking out.

Vehicle
    Twin Weber DCOE Powered 88 Honda Accord LX
    Does the 2 to 2.5 in drop depend on how good your struts are? I'd like a 2 in drop, but 2.5 may be a bit much, 'specially since they'll settle a bit lower from what I've read.
    Mike Clark

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Site
    Does the 2 to 2.5 in drop depend on how good your struts are? I'd like a 2 in drop, but 2.5 may be a bit much, 'specially since they'll settle a bit lower from what I've read.
    No, the springs decide the amount of drop. Yeah, 2.25 is as low as I'd want to go for show, 1.5 was as low as I was willing to go for performance sake. Not all springs settle, mine never did.

Now I d

DX User

hypocrit

dude a while back u told me not to post anything for sale in this section to put it up in the market place. its kind fucked up jus cuz ur a moderator u can do it?

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    he's not selling them, he's bringing new suspension news to our attention... obviously we all shouldnt run out and buy them if we dont know wether or not they will work, right?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Re: hypocrit

Originally posted by jdballin
    dude a while back u told me not to post anything for sale in this section to put it up in the market place. its kind fucked up jus cuz ur a moderator u can do it?
    But I'm not selling them, I found them, just like the post says. And just like the post says the other spirngs for that price are just for a pair (front or rear). They never emailed me back on clairifying that. I'll try and call them monday. If they are indeed $50 for 4 I'll delete this post and create one in the market place. Without clarifying that, I'd be stupid to post this in the market place. How assinine is it to advertise just 2 springs?

Why you'd want $50 2.5" drop springs compeating with your 2.25" $100 springs that you've been trying to sell for months is beyond me. Just because your pissed off at that doesn't give you the right to yell at me, your post was unjustifed. And I guess you missed the post where I tried to refer someone to you that was looking for sprints.

Now I d

DX User

springs

who u sayin is pissed off i could really care less if i sell them its not like im stuck up for money. Your advertising springs jus like i was doing same smell. And it would be stupid to post it in the market place, get all the details first before tryin to sell. And lorena bobbett or what ever your name is i was only trying to bring a suspension product to everyones attention. :flipa:

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Jim does not make money when Off Brand Racing Suspension Company sells springs. You do make money when you sell springs. That is why your post belongs in the Market Place and his could go in either. Even if I didn't agree with him, he is a mod so you're using his forum to dis him... sooooooo STFU&STFD :P
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

DX User

u stfu

u stfu for i crack ur ass :flipa:

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Re: springs

who u sayin is pissed off i could really care less if i sell them its not like im stuck up for money. Your advertising springs jus like i was doing same smell. And it would be stupid to post it in the market place, get all the details first before tryin to sell. And lorena bobbett or what ever your name is i was only trying to bring a suspension product to everyones attention. :flipa:
    You were advertising YOUR spirngs. I am advertising a possible deal for ALL members. One that does not benefit me. And most of the people that belong to our forum aren't swimming in money so $50 springs is significant. Whereas someone selling their own product is what the market place is for. My post can go either way. If anyone else post's something in market place, they will be spoken to just like you were. And this is not the first time someone has made such a anoucement. Yet I didn't see you crying about those posts, just mine. I want you to read something I did for you.

You'll want to upgrade your struts no matter what spring (or coilover) you throw on the car. For the drop your looking for you can go sprints (jballin is selling a set in the market place. Find out what it would cost to buy them NEW from nopi including shipping and make him an offer off that price if you want to). Here's a direct link to nopi to price the sprints, they cost $137 at nopi
    http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm...rmance/Lowering

Now if you want to continue to complain about this, be my guest.
    A real man would say thank you. One that hates will just flip me off. You make the choice.

Now I d

DX User

springs

Um for 1 i dont think i owe u a thank you. Its clear u r advertising a product no matter if its for u or not. 2 im not a post whore 19.35 post a day can we say no life. Come on man i've been on this board longer than u have but i have a life o i cant make that many post.

Banned
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord DX
    damn thanx for da info jim, i wanna check dese out for $50, shit get that e-mail yo and tell me bout it, IM ME! and jdballin stay outta da business yo, :badass:

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

Um for 1 i dont think i owe u a thank you. Its clear u r advertising a product no matter if its for u or not. 2 im not a post whore 19.35 post a day can we say no life. Come on man i've been on this board longer than u have but i have a life o i cant make that many post.
    If that the best you can do, sit down before you hurt yourself.
    I'm a member from the very first board.

What makes you think you've been a member longer than me?
    And why should I care about that?
    Or course I post allot, I have a job to do.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

i need the quote where it says "arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win, youre still retarded."

obviously there is a big difference between telling us where we might be able to get a new set of springs. (notice he's not selling, he's PURELY informing.) you got your thread moved because you were already selling springs that people knew about, and so it belongs in the market place. i dont see why you're getting all bent out of shape about this!! hehe... oh well

plus, youre being a dick! ut:

oh and i have had my threads moved before, and i dont go crying to the mods...

Banned
    JdBallin: Shut the fuck up. He isnt advertising. All he is doing is bringing a new peice of suspension to our attention. Does it look like he is a representative? Um no. If you had ANY common sense you would know what jim does for this board. And obviously your lack of intelligence is showing, you dont have enough respect to even look at the big picture and quit being a narrow minded ass hole. We could care less what you advertise on this board, because now, we know that no one is going to buy it off of you. Jim is the biggest help to this board and you need to frankly lay the fuck off. He can advertise all he wants in my eyes for what he gives to the board in return. You gave nothing, and you advertised, therefore you deserve to be flamed. Its called give a little and take a little. He isnt advertising but if he was, you know what I say "great, you deserve it". If you did it, you know I would say? "Go away you stupid peice of worthless shit".

More guys have learned more from him then you could ever teach a person in 10 years. If it wasnt for him, the board would have no one that openly went out of there way to learn new things, do new things and try new things for the board members.

Let him do what he wants, and lay off. You deserve to be flamed. Your openly being an ass hole to jim.. and you know what? It wont happen as long as im around! So learn your place, and keep your mouth shut.

Nate.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i
    I have to agree with Jim on this. Many of us including myself have posted new found suspension products in this forum (i.e. sprint struts). JDballin - you are trying to sell your own merchandise so it should go into the marketplace. I think arguing about it is pointless. Who cares it is just a thread.
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    85 Suburban, 86 Accord EX-i, 89 Accord SE-i, 90 Accord EX-R,
    I have to side with Jim. The thread title might look like he's selling something but you read up and it's very clear he is just informing us of new products. And this whole argument is very pointless.
    www.b20accord.com

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Thank you for those that support my efforts. Otherwise, no comment.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    Well I hope you'll comment on whether they are selling all 4 springs for that amount of cash!
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Yeah I'm planning on calling them tomarrow. I'm going to get a MRI done on my lower back though, so we'll see If I have enough time to make the call, may be tuesday

431 S. Raymond Ave. Unit 101 Alhambra, CA 91803 TEL- 626 281 7933
    TOLL FREE 800 624 7223

Now I d

Vehicle
    Sweet. Hope everything comes out ok w/ the scan...
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Yeah thanks, hopefully it'll help find out why my back still hurts from the accident. It's not super bad, but I can't work.

Now I d