This thread will be where I will post all pics and info as I go from prepping the block to the final install. It will be sort of gradual since I'm not planning to finish this right away but it will get updated as I go along. Please post all comments and questions here and not this one to keep things simple.
Anyways, I finally had time to get the engine up on my stand yesterday. It's an 88/89 style JDM B20A with auto tranny drive plate. The pic attached shows the condition of it as I bought it. Dirty and very greasy in some spots. Kind of looked like it needed a valve cover gasket. Oil pan was scraped a bit but nothing serious and all the accessory stuff (PS pump, A/C compressor, alt, distributor) were missing. I was told by the engine importer/wrecker I bought it from that the engine oil was drained so I brought it home in my trunk. When I got home, I noticed some oil on the cardboard I had layed down on the bottom of the trunk. Turns out the oil was still in there and it was even at the proper level. Good thing it didn't all leak out. Luckly, my trunk liner is black so no stains and I had a good look at the oil when draining it. A bit dirty but no signs of coolant contamination.