Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody stole my baby.

DX User

Unhappy Somebody stole my baby.

Ok, sit down and grab some tissues.
    I got ready for work Tuesday afternoon and walked out my front door to see...
    NOTHING!!! My car was gone.
    I was holding out hope that it had been towed, but it seems to have been stolen. I filed a police report, but I don't think a 1984 Accord with peeling clearcoat is top priority with the local PD.
    Anyway, I live in the Portland (Oregon) Metro area, so keep your eyes peeled.
    It is a Burgandy 1984 4 door LX (hence the SN) and has a couple distinguishing features.
    1. The driver's side front fender has about a 1.5 sq. foot patch of pink primer that extends 2-3 inches onto the door.
    2. The tail lights do this odd thing where a bulb in the back goes out when the brakes are applied with the headlights on. SO, at night it looks like I have a tail light out only when the brakes are applied. Also there is no 3rd brake light.
    3. It has a set of Honda steel wheels with STUDDED TIRES on them. This should be a dead giveaway.
    I thought I spotted it heading out to Hillsboro Tuesday night, but I was not able to catch up with the car. The car I saw had a headlight out as well, but as far as I know, both mine were still good.
    I only had about 1/8 tank of gas, so I am hoping that someone just took it to get from point A to point B and it is sitting in front of someone's house somewhere.
    Of course I want to get the car back, but I also had a bunch of stuff inside (tools, tire chains, library books, Nalgene bottle, etc...) that means a lot and is worth a lot to me, but will probably only end up supplying some car thief with their night or weekend's worth of drugs
    Anyway, thanks for reading and looking if you are in the area. If you think you have seen it or know where it is, PLEASE let me know. I would be happy to confirm the License plate number, I just don't think it would be wise to post it on the internet.
    I would be happy to let anyone who helps find it pillage my parts car for whatever they need or want as long as I don't need it to fix my car :-(
    Thanks again.
    -Jeff

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Re: Somebody stole my baby.

Quote Originally Posted by 84AccordLX4dr
    Ok, sit down and grab some tissues.
    I got ready for work Tuesday afternoon and walked out my front door to see...
    NOTHING!!! My car was gone.
    I was holding out hope that it had been towed, but it seems to have been stolen. I filed a police report, but I don't think a 1984 Accord with peeling clearcoat is top priority with the local PD.
    Anyway, I live in the Portland (Oregon) Metro area, so keep your eyes peeled.
    It is a Burgandy 1984 4 door LX (hence the SN) and has a couple distinguishing features.
    1. The driver's side front fender has about a 1.5 sq. foot patch of pink primer that extends 2-3 inches onto the door.
    2. The tail lights do this odd thing where a bulb in the back goes out when the brakes are applied with the headlights on. SO, at night it looks like I have a tail light out only when the brakes are applied. Also there is no 3rd brake light.
    3. It has a set of Honda steel wheels with STUDDED TIRES on them. This should be a dead giveaway.
    I thought I spotted it heading out to Hillsboro Tuesday night, but I was not able to catch up with the car. The car I saw had a headlight out as well, but as far as I know, both mine were still good.
    I only had about 1/8 tank of gas, so I am hoping that someone just took it to get from point A to point B and it is sitting in front of someone's house somewhere.
    Of course I want to get the car back, but I also had a bunch of stuff inside (tools, tire chains, library books, Nalgene bottle, etc...) that means a lot and is worth a lot to me, but will probably only end up supplying some car thief with their night or weekend's worth of drugs
    Anyway, thanks for reading and looking if you are in the area. If you think you have seen it or know where it is, PLEASE let me know. I would be happy to confirm the License plate number, I just don't think it would be wise to post it on the internet.
    I would be happy to let anyone who helps find it pillage my parts car for whatever they need or want as long as I don't need it to fix my car :-(
    Thanks again.
    -Jeff

OMG!

Best luck on finding your car!!
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

When you get your car back, buy one of these.....

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58236

2ndGenGuy

Wow another 2g in the Pacific Northwest...

Sorry to hear about your car man. I hope that they just run out of gas and leave it nicely on the side of the road. Sounds like you liked your car. :-(

If I see them up this way with it, I'll chase em down and cut em. It can't hurt to post your license plate number online. Hundreds of people see your plates every day. Nothing anybody can do with it...

Good luck with the retreival.

Vehicle
    88 Accord Hatch Lx to the i

fuckin load up those guns... why do ppl steal cars!

get an alarm a fart can without a cat a red blinky light and some mustard gas

nobody will miss with her then

srry to hear that... it scares me and now i wann go to detriot and riot until i find your 2gee

LX User
    Vehicle
    1984 honda accord/ 1978 chevy caprice 9c1

ohh man i almost had the same happen to me but i cought the guy in the act. the bastard fucked up my lock. but i fucked him up.
    I love my accord with its mega rare A16A1 engine and its awesome loud roar. but I have to walk to japan just to find parts for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tQXyXJGITU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onujMwkBLr0

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

Damn. Besides us, who would want an 84 Accord? I know it may be easy to hotwire and lockpick, but there can't be much demand for parts. I hope this was a crime of oppurtunity and they ran out of gas and just left it. Man, that sucks. Probably just some kids who happened upon an old car that was easy to steal and figured the owner wouldn't miss it. Hope you get it back and it isn't beat all to hell. Keep us posted.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    90 ED7 Si

Quote Originally Posted by offthahook
    Damn. Besides us, who would want an 84 Accord?
    Speak for yourself, I don't want one. Oh and good luck finding your car.
    I can't read the signature rules so MrBen deleted my signature.

LX User
    Vehicle

he meant us by us 2gee owners. i didn't want one in the begging but now its come into my heart.
    I love my accord with its mega rare A16A1 engine and its awesome loud roar. but I have to walk to japan just to find parts for it.

Vehicle
    90 ED7 Si

My girl has a 82 Accord Hatch, I hate it its so clumbsy. And now its broke down. Sobody want to buy it??
    I can't read the signature rules so MrBen deleted my signature.

LX User
    Vehicle

does it have the mount flange I have i might buy that from you wait no i mean the carburator

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

man that really sucks...hope you can find your car in one piece

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

sorry to hear that. the pnw is getting really bad with stolen cars.

DX User

Well, they found my car.

It was less than a mile away, but they used up more than a mile's worth of gas and judging by the position of the stuff in my trunk, (They were not smart or motivated enough to get into the trunk since I locked it from the inside) they sure drove it like they stole it.

They tore the $#!+ out of the dash to steal my 10 year old stereo and took all the CDs inside the car, as well as some misc. tools and my change holder from the glove box, the Thomas guide I got for Xmas from the folks, a $7 compass off the dash and season 1 Futurama DVDs from the library. I'm sure I will find other things missing when I need them.

Grrr.

At least it still runs and I got my tools and all the other stuff that was in the trunk back.

I will probably be taking what I need from my parts car (Light Blue 85 LX 4dr) and getting rid of it, so let me know if there is anything that you guys need.

Thanks for the support guys!

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

its good that you found her in one piece. sucks about the stuff missing. next time you should have a kill switch in it

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Bglad420
    My girl has a 82 Accord Hatch, I hate it its so clumbsy. And now its broke down. Sobody want to buy it??
    YES ME I LOVE 82-83 hatchs i warship them i would trade both my nuts for one

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

lucky you found it it could have been worse, you coulda found it burnt out, but lucky you didnt and lucky it was even found but it still sucks that this happened though
    Last edited by A18A; 02-13-2007 at 03:31 AM.

Vehicle
    82 DX & 85 EX Accord Sedan Hondamatics

Quote Originally Posted by 84AccordLX4dr
    I will probably be taking what I need from my parts car (Light Blue 85 LX 4dr) and getting rid of it, so let me know if there is anything that you guys need.
    Great news that you got your car back !

And still in one piece, which is essentially the best outcome that you could have had really.

Re. your parts car, have you got pics of it available ?

SEi User
    Vehicle

Your parts car, I could use the POWER antenna motor, mast, switch on the dash to raise/lower the mast (and a little bit of wire and harness). Basically, I want to put a power antenna in my 84 3 door and the 3 doors weren't prewired for any of that setup. I also need a valve cover and maybe some other easy stuff. Indeed, if you have pics, please post them up.

Glad you got your car back. Sucks they hacked it up like that. Hopefully, it'll all work out in the end.
    Last edited by offthahook; 02-13-2007 at 01:19 PM.

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by offthahook
    Your parts car, I could use the POWER antenna motor, mast, switch on the dash to raise/lower the mast (and a little bit of wire and harness). Basically, I want to put a power antenna in my 84 3 door and the 3 doors weren't prewired for any of that setup. I also need a valve cover and maybe some other easy stuff. Indeed, if you have pics, please post them up.

Glad you got your car back. Sucks they hacked it up like that. Hopefully, it'll all work out in the end.

Offthahook: As soon as I read that he was selling some parts, I knew you'd be on top of it!

84AccordLX4dr: I too, am glad to hear you got it back. If you need some help fixing it, I'd love to come down and get some more interior experience under my belt. I've torn one apart before, so I know how a good portion of that stuff goes. Offthahook can attest to that.

Did they just bust apart the steering column and hotwire it? How did they get it started?
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 02-13-2007 at 06:39 PM.

SEi User
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    Offthahook: As soon as I read that he was selling some parts, I knew you'd be on top of it!

84AccordLX4dr: I too, am glad to hear you got it back. If you need some help fixing it, I'd love to come down and get some more interior experience under my belt. I've torn one apart before, so I know how a good portion of that stuff goes. Offthahook can attest to that.

Did they just bust apart the steering column and hotwire it? How did they get it started?
    Man, you know how I roll. You all have the cars out there and I need the parts here. Hopefully, dude will pull through. If not, I know you and I will get it at some point.

84AccordLX4dr: 2ndgenguy has stripped an interior clean. I'm not talking with a sawzall and a torch. I mean hand tools with clips intact. He's a good guy and you've seen his threads pictures. Dude doesn't cut corners and "measures twice, cuts once" on projects. He's your guy for help fa sho. Good luck with it.

DX User

Now that i have posted it, I am thinking that my parts car is not an LX. I remember it having manual windows and locks.

MessyHonda - Kill switch for sure. I had great plans to put in a kill switch as well as detach the lock cylinders in the doors and install a cheap alarm with a key fob to unlock the doors, but I guess I wasn't quick enough.

denhonda - I don't have pics :-( I will post some if I can.

offthahook - Way to jump on it :-) I don't know if it was you, but someone wanted the cruise control from the car a while back too. I am not sure if it has the power antenna, I will have to check. Even if it does, the mast is not complete, otherwise I would have swapped it into my red car.

2ndGenGuy - It was actually you that wanted the door panels from my parts car and that is how I found out it wasn't actually an LX like I thought. I don't have access to a good garage right now and I don't think I will have the time (or nice weather) to do much work soon, but I would be happy to have some company. My brother is moving back from Michigan and the plan is to have the folks buy a duplex and rent it from them. A good garage will be top priority in the new place.

Too bad you are not a little closer. I was hoping to salvage the engine and tranny out of the parts car, otherwise I might try something crazy like towing it up your way with my good car and leaving it with you... I also have a 1990 Civic wagon and (although the details are better left for another post,) I ended up towing it's parts car on a dolly with the Civic. I should have taken pictures, it was hilarious to see one car towing another of the same kind.

Anyway, as far as the theft goes, as far as I can tell, they must have used a jiggle key or something because there is no damage to the door locks or the ignition. I think it is easy enough with these old cars. I put "The Club" on it for now, as if that will stop anyone.

I should wire up an ignition coil so that any unauthorized persons who try to mess with the car get about 50,000 volts in their ass.

Again, thanks for the support!

2ndGenGuy

Ooh so you had a listing on Craigslist? Thats cool, I think I remember e-mailing you. Yeah just gimme a holler when you decide to swap in the good dash. I'm busy over the next few weekends anyways.

SEi User
    Vehicle

It may have been me on the cruise control. Yeah, if it has manual windows, it's a DX and will not hawer antenna. If you he cover, lemme know. Keep us posted.