Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PROJECT , TURBO ( SITE )

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes

Honda's used to be converted to carb for turbo setups!!!

We'll its been a while. I've been talking to me dah 2nite and he reckons there's no reason for us titewads to not be able to run our timing at 12degrres retard and get away wit low boost such as upto 6=7psi. He said were over concerning and the car would just simply feel slugish with boost off.
    He's put me off the MSD anyhow by saying that we could suffer from mild detonation and not hear or feel it! therefore the manual/custom setting is a bad idea! he said there's someone else called j and s??? that makes a similar thing which uses a knock sensor and controls the timing automaticaly.
    Also, i know i have but, when running boost u have to remember to disconnect the pcv system! the pcv valve works wit vacuum from the mani. and when we add boost pressure to the mani it closes the valve and shuts off the pcv circuit. ...and at the worst time i assume, being under boost is when blow by the rings is amplified espescialy on our oler engines!

Have a question. I've noticed nobody uses ITB's on a turbo setup! ...soo are we going wrong using twin webers??? I read somewhere about a mini running boost and he had to restrict the airflow to the carb (single dcoe) to get more bhp!???
    If soo...this is getting cheaper and cheaper ha/ha!!

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    maybe it helped the carb work better with the added restriction...

Still I think it's better to go ITB's for a blow thru since carbs were ment to see vacuum.
    - llia

Vehicle
    18 yr old Prelude, the one with the pop up headlamps. B20 (prototype for the 3g Prelude) ...but in the lighter car, with big brakes
    No, i meant people with F.I. are using stock style single tb not ITB's?

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    - llia

DX User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord DX

Re: PROJECT , TURBO ( SITE )

This isn't a forced induction note, but you are looking at DEOE's, and I wondered , Has anybody thought of what this guy's doing on his old Beemer 2002 tii? I was fascinated by his thoughtfulness, and geekiness in taking this on as FIRST time project! He's using individual throttle bodies which mimic the DCOEW carb, but with modern fuel control. thought you might be interested, as I was.
    http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/...topic/p,319629

I think I saw a Civic drag racer with "gasser" looking stacks thru the hood on one of those street tuner shows.

I am bumping every old turbo thread. Is it running or gone.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

I'm curious too, with the mosselman turbo manifolds in the mail for many, I'm wondering If you will see some more blow through builds