Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're dying, but how fast?

Vehicle
    SE-i Sedan 5 spd

They're dying, but how fast?

When I got my 3G five years ago, they were pretty common in Bridgeport and similar towns in CT (lots of income-challenged residents). Now, they're getting to be kind of scarce. I know that many of them I used to see were in that stage of zero-maintenance-until-they-die mode, but their semi-sudden disappearance has taken me a bit by surprise. Or maybe I just haven't been lucky.

How about the rest of you? Are the non-enthusiast 3G's going away? What have you noticed?

Vehicle
    1998 Honda Civic Dx Hatchback

Re: They're dying, but how fast?

I still see plenty of 3g's daily il say any where between 2-5 on a daily basis.
    Coming soon, wheels, drop, carbon fiber and if i ever decide, paint.

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord

well I've only owned my 3gee for a year but I see lots of them, at least stock ones.

<3 sohc
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...t=59236&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    It's something about being unique

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah i see lots around...most of the older people drive them or young people like my self. but i only seen one fixed up accord...it had 17 inch black rims, tinted windows and custom ricer exhaust

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

i see some now and again in the nyc area but in buffalo they are scarce
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

plenty of them here in the Bay Area

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

there were some half way decent ones around here. but yeah, as you said they are getting scarce. ones i see now days arent in very nice condition and usually are really ghetto compared to mine. my buddy at school has one. its a beater, but its in decent condition for a beater. even a lot of 4th gens are pretty crappy compared to mine that i see around. i plan on keeping mine for as long as i can. i may be building an A20 for my car to swap in later this year. it seems that another A20 will be the cheapest build rather than a B or K series for sure. maybe more reliable on top of that. i'm shooting for 150 hp with head work, larger bore size and dual carb setup. so pretty much i plan to keep the car for a long time.
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Well, you've been to Quebec this winter and you've seen how it's insanely cold sometimes. Well, cars dies up faster here. I can say they died like 4 years ago here.

I RARELY see any 3g on the road anymore up here. There's plenty still in the junkyards but they will be rare even there in about 3 years.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

i have been thinking about how many 3geez ive been seeing around lately, not many at all, theres 2 i know of, but hardly see anymore, oh well when i get my car going at least i can say to people that i have a very rare, 1 of a kind car but it still sucks not being able to see any around

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

theres not much of them here in malaysia also, at least in my area. lots of 4g+ and civics though.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by 89l_x_i
    I still see plenty of 3g's daily il say any where between 2-5 on a daily basis.
    that would be my weeekly average here.

5 to 10 of them in any junkyard around, 2-3 weekly for sale in local sell and trade paper.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch MT

Being where I work I see them a lot. Rarely, if ever, clean or decent looking and only one hatch(86-87 DX ).
    Honda Parts Connection -- http://www.acurahondaparts.com
    D Series Army Dishonorable Discharge
    BT Defector

Most of the 3G's around here are now in Mexico. People down here buy new cars every couple of years.
    The 1/2 million mile 3GEE SCRAPPED ON 5/26/07 @ 500,122.2 MILES

2ndGenGuy

There's a 11ty bajillion of them here. Once In a while, I'll see a nice, clean, lowered one and wonder if he's a 3geezer, or if he at least has been to the site. They don't usually recognize my car as their big (yet smaller) brother Accord.

Vehicle
    89 4 door accord lx

i see on average 1 a week..... ya its sad since the junkyard guy said that they barley even take them in anymore either :'(

and theres no such thing as a fixed up one here anymore since the salt eats these cars here in winnipeg

this summer i used to see 3 a week maybe

499ks and still givener shit muhahaha

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

there's at least 3 or 4 that live wthin a 10 minute walk of me most of the time they're just stock.. if I see a 3gee modded usually it has some cheap ass purple tint or tacky wheel covers

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

I only see coups and hatches occasionally, but I tend to see 4drs' a little more often. I have been noticing them thinning out though.
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

yeah.. unfortunately our 3geez are reaching their 20th birthday, and they're rarely worth the cost of fixing them. So when they start having problems, people dump them instead of dropping more money into them. Hell I did that myself with my LX lol

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 5-Speed

There are only one or two that are in exceptionally good condition. My father knows someone from his work who has an automatic sedan that has 90k on the chassis. Most of the other ones are rusted and beaten to shit, the poor things.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik
    yeah.. unfortunately our 3geez are reaching their 20th birthday, and they're rarely worth the cost of fixing them. So when they start having problems, people dump them instead of dropping more money into them. Hell I did that myself with my LX lol

Yes mine is 21, but as soon as it turn 24, I will not have to get emission test anymore. The car will be considered a classic and I get classic plates .
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

this happens with any car,the beaters disappear,then the good ones usually are left on the road due to enthusiasts like us on the site. after they get in the mid twenties most cars start to get noticed as classics and not just old cars anymore. then the aftermarket usually notices with restoration parts. there will always be some junkyards around with cars due to people who are smart enough to know someday they can sell the parts. plus ones owned by import enthusiasts. look what happened with the drifting craze and old toyotas, who would have guessed that old rear wheel drive toyotas you couldn't give away,would suddenly be so popular. people are paying more and more attention to the hatch every year, especially since it's all one color again. thats one reason this site is so popular,there is more info on here on the cars and fixing them,then anywhere else on the web.

i had the first 3g i have seen in wilmington, it use to be lude heaven here. but ever since i put my lip on and my rip-off work rims on, they are everywhere. so no, the population is great imo

http://www.myspace.com/reanimator420
    originally posted by ACCORDEPICENTER
    it should be there tuesday... So take your keyboard and wrap it around your neck and hang yourself with the cord.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle

today I saw 3 just in the time it took me to walk a few blocks to the post office

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

today i saw this riced out hatch....i would of made legend mad....it had a wing that was sticking out like 9 inches.....and it had some plastic chrome hub caps. and some fire stickers on the side. made me wish i had a cell phone cam to snap a pic and post it up.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord 2.0Si

Still lots around here, but not like it was years ago.

10 years ago I pulled up to some lights. Soon there was 4 cars waiting to cross the intersection, all white 3gs, all going in the same direction.

There are 4 on the street I live on. Mine, a white 2.0Si with mugen wheels, black EX and some grey JDM without a trim badge. A white EX parks at the service station during the day, and a gunmetal 2.0Si parks at the supermarket. There is one particular street that runs off mine, it has the Import Edition coupe, a white 2.0Si Vigor, stupid pink LX and a white EXL. Seen a Si Exclusive down there too but not that often.

My silver 3G and the EXL-S donor car came from houses about 2 mins drive from mine, but the F1 was about 30 mins across the city. On the way to pick it up I saw another F1 and a Si Exclusive, plus others which I didn't take much notice of.

So still plenty around here, but not a plague of them like there used to be.