Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: couple of teaser turbo pics

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord Lx-i Sedan (long term project)

Re: couple of teaser turbo pics

Very nice man, keep the pics coming!

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by BITESIZE
    Why can't you install the clutch?
    I was injured on the job bout 10 months ago. What they tried to tell me was a pulled muscle was actually 2 herniated discs pinching the nerve hat runs down my spine.

so unfortunately I cant really do anything like that.

Its ok though cause I have friends and family thaat always lend a helping hand.

I'll try and keep posting pics that involve the turbo in this thread. Hopefully Ill have some clutch pictures in a week or two.

Vehicle

I would love to help you out with that clutch but I barely have time for my own project on the EJ Civic....I'm getting there though, just doing the shaving/molding bodywork now and alarm system before paint.

When I get the Civic done we should have a little photo meet. After it's painted black I wanna get new weather stripping and black or red racing seats to complete the look. Then I will eventually get back to working on the 3gee so I can have it as a daily driver again - do a 5 spd swap, fix the a/c, tint, fix up the bodykit, & put on some basic enamel white paint for now.

In the future, I plan start a turbo buildup on a h22 to put into the Civic or maybe perhaps the 3gee, time will tell. But I think I'm leaning towards waiting to save up for a K24 buildup instead since it will make more power, but the h22 is cheap nowadays, I can get an entire setup locally for about $1,000-$1500....so that's something to think about.

The 3gee's custom bodykit needs to be redone after sitting under the FL sun for over a year. I plan on cleaning up the look rather than flared out like it is now. Something like this design I made:

You can also see some pics of my Civic project on www.myspace.com/iceman707 in the pics section, pages 3-5 in "My Photos"...
    Last edited by ICEMAN707; 06-17-2007 at 09:17 AM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket

i hope this thread still exists when i get out of school, i'm gonna need it for the work i wanna do. jesus that's sweet as hell.
    3geez for life.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN707
    I would love to help you out with that clutch but I barely have time for my own project on the EJ Civic....I'm getting there though, just doing the shaving/molding bodywork now and alarm system before paint.
    When I get the Civic done we should have a little photo meet. After it's painted black I wanna get new weather stripping and black or red racing seats to complete the look. Then I will eventually get back to working on the 3gee so I can have it as a daily driver again - do a 5 spd swap, fix the a/c, tint, fix up the bodykit, & put on some basic enamel white paint for now.
    In the future, I plan start a turbo buildup on a h22 to put into the Civic or maybe perhaps the 3gee, time will tell. But I think I'm leaning towards waiting to save up for a K24 buildup instead since it will make more power, but the h22 is cheap nowadays, I can get an entire setup locally for about $1,000-$1500....so that's something to think about.
    The 3gee's custom bodykit needs to be redone after sitting under the FL sun for over a year. I plan on cleaning up the look rather than flared out like it is now. Something like this design I made:

You can also see some pics of my Civic project on www.myspace.com/iceman707 in the pics section, pages 3-5 in "My Photos"...
    did you do all those drawings on your myspace? youre fucking talented.
    3geez for life.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 88accordhb
    did you do all those drawings on your myspace? youre fucking talented.
    yeah I do a few drawings from time to time on the side for some extra cash.

Vehicle

guaynabo, how's that obd1 working out with that a20? did you ever do a writeup? i wanna do the same thing since i have a spare p28 ecu and dizzy laying around from my civic.

It worked out perfect. Never did a write up since I did it like 4 years ago so no pictures and most of it is just memory. The only thiing I took pictures and did a how to about was the vss issue and how to get it resolved using an obd1 ecu.

If anyone needs any help they can ask i will try and help to the best of my ability.

No progress yet but figured i share some pictures of how I chaqnge the rad and installed some slim fans in order to make room for the turbo, manifold, etc. Heres what is in the car right now. Its Griffin all alum rad meant for the 90-93 tegs. Its almost exactly the same size as the sock one with the coolant hoses also in almost the exact same place. It takes a little bit of modifying though to make t fit. You need to cut off the tabs that hold the stock rad on the bottom off and weld em back on in a slightly lower position. Then you just move the 2 top posts that hold it in the top rad suppost and thats it you are done.

This is why a civic half rad works just fine to cool the a20! You see how thin the actual core is compared to the aftermarket one being more than twice its thickness.

and the last one you can se how almost exactly the same they are.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

nice, i still cant fit the full size rad so its gonna have to be a half sized 92-95 civic dual core... But its good to know this will fit
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter
    nice, i still cant fit the full size rad so its gonna have to be a half sized 92-95 civic dual core... But its good to know this will fit
    I think I'm in the same boat, a dual core wouldn't fit unless i used the half sized radiator.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle

yeah, and its getting tight with my new topmount manifold. I sold the bottom mount because i needed to go external wg plus i needed more room for the new turbo...

got any pics of the new manifold?

Vehicle

not yet its not 100% completed plus when the car is together itll be a big unveiling so you will see hehe

oh c'mon...........

you gotta post some progress pics

whats ur e.t.a for completion?

Well since progress came to a standstill Im going to sell a couple of items.

The first is going to be my DC Sports header. If anyones interested the thread is here https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60948

I will also be selling a stealthy test pipe to replace the cat, and an almlost new magnaflow dual tipped muffler.

I'll be putting ip the last 2 hopefully in a week or so with pics and all.

So help me out and buy my stuff!

Well progress is still slow but I took some pics for the hell of it. A couple of things that got done is tapped the oil pan to use a -10an fitting, and bought a cheap Spectre brand v8 plug wire holder to keep my plug wires off the turbo manifold. I was actually surprised how well it came out. Only had to make one of the litel holes on it a littel bigger and used the bolt that use to hold the clip for the wires in front of the valve cover.

Anyway here are a couple pics for your enjoyment.

And special Thanks goes out to Bobafett for coming through in a pinch with this piece. for those who dont know this is a windage tray.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Damn dude, that engine bay looks amazing. So how are you going to run that coolant hose? Also can you post a link to the plug wire holder, that looks really good .
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX 5-speed, 1995 BMW 525i 5-speed

So how are you going to route the upper radiator hose?

edit: Legend beat me to it
    Sam

1989 Accord LX: Sold with 208k-now somewhere around 230k with new owner

Current:
    2014 Elantra Sport 6MT
    2000 Montero Sport 4x4 (beater, trail rig)

the upper rad hose Im going to try and just get some from the local autoparts store that kinda fit my needs and if that doesnt work out Im just going to get 2 silicone 90's and hardline it.

heres a pic of the kit along with a link to it on summitracing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...068+4294862572

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Looking good
    I have that same wire holder,but I like the you mounted it

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Looks good, I like the plug wire holders. I need some for mine so i can get rid of the small zip ties I'm using now.

I found out how hard it is to set the timing on mine today, and it looks like your going to have the same problem. Since the timing hole is blocked, mine is blocked by the waste gate and it looks like yours is blocked by the manifold. I had to redo mine since i changed the setting on the cam gear to 1 deg advanced instead of 4. It pulls much better through the high rpms now then it did. I had to add some fuel up top so i know its getting more air.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

pico howed you mount yours? I actually used the hole circled and opened it up. thats where the 2 wire holder goes but I just moved it over to the riight and monted in the slots.

like this

Eric

If you want I can sell you the other one (or trade). Its a v8 kist so it has 2 sides. I can set it up for you so all you got to do is bolt it up.

And as far as the timing I actually made out with this manifold. I can check the timing and change plugs without having to remove the manifold. take a look at this pic. I got a clear shot at the timing hole on the tranny.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Instead of the wires running on the side I mounted the bracket so the wires run on the top ( i think I said that right )

ah I see.

Yeah I had to mouunt it vertical instead of horizontal so it would hug the valve cover to keep it away from the manifold. You only used one of the pieces right?