Thread: Frantik's Green Monster - Past, Present & Future

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Re: Frantik's Green Monster - Past, Present & Future

How's progress going

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

he just posted some pics on the facebook page. he said it might run NA for now since he does not have a downpipe made.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

So I've been busy but a lot of stuff has falling in to place of the last month or so. I have been mainly focused on getting the wings finished and I went to see the first one last night I'll update that in the moring.

So here's what's been going down. A good friend of mine works at honda and gets a pretty good discount at a local machine shop. So I pulled the head off the old girl and had it hot tanked and resurfaced just for the fuck of it. At that time I also cleaned the vavles up a bit.

I also got the ITM port matched to the 72mm TB. I went a head and put my delta 272 cam and my vavle springs in the before putting it back together. I got a set of arp head studs to go is as well. Don't worry I took plenty of photo's. This morning I spent a couple of hour's putting everything back together and was able to get the head back on the block.

Down fall is there are still a few part I don't not have at this time one of which is a big deal for boost like the down pipe. So for the time being I'll just run it N/A. I had to stop working on it today because I didnt own air tools tell about 5pm today so I wasnt able to get the main pully off to redo the timing. There are some odds and end that will need to be wraped up but Hopefully it will be back on the street soon.

Also A fb member hooked it up with a full New set of vavles and guides that plan on using in a spare head I have laying around the will get the full works done to it.

Here's some shots.

Head I cleaned a while back vs the shop
    They didn't scrub as well as I did but it's clean.

Clean vs dirty
    Lucky for me i have a second head with new every thing but for now this will do tell something blows up.

Vavle springs, retainers and 272

More to come

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Yay! I'm excited for progress

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Well shit didnt go as planned do to being the man of house with 3 woman with car's😑
    But I was able to get some things done.
    Got the mounts a while back so I put the rear on pretty easy with noting in the way.

Head is back on.

That's really as far as I got before i had to replace alt on a pathfinder and replace a blow out on a TL the end up being a broken koni yellow and alxe from hitting a pothole the size of a beach ball. will continue working on getting it off the jack stands soon.

Last edited by obd0driver; 08-21-2016 at 10:13 PM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Hey as long as its done right don't worry man. You got this!

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord LXI

Hows this build going? I love what youve done man... bravo

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

It's going slowly but surely. I've been focused on make sure the cf jdm duckbill reps get done so i havent really but working one it. I still have to put the pan back on and get the down pipe made.

But I can't say that I haven't really been work on it I just bought a set of Eagle rods with some forged pistons and have have a spare crank ready for a balancing and polish. The Pistons are no good to me for this build tho they are 81mm 😏. I cant complain because they were a really really really good deal. Just need rings and bearings.

My wife also got me this sweet momo for xmas.

And I was randomly been digging around the the interwebs to find more info on an A2B trans plate and got a bite from one of the people I contacted about making it possible since the original one his disappeared. Some have offered to make the cad drawing to have it cnc ready for $150. All I have to is get him the exact dimensions of both trans and he'll do the rest. So I've been work one get a b series trans which happens to be getting pulled out of a buddys "baby killed my project car" car to night lol. So at some point that will happen but not until the duckbills are finally done.

Plus wife work and you know life I stay pretty busy.

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord LXI

Nice find... i think my buddie does cad drawings... im better with solid works my self but either way your cf jdm duck bills look sick... i just finishd readying the entire thread.... sucks that the project was delayed so long but people on this site love the 3geez so much they wait even if they shouldnt. Its pretty awesome to see.. plus you guys sucking me in with your build make me wonder why i didnt pick up the b20a5 out of a prelude i found with a blown 5th gear haha

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

ohhh baby... you fancy

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Well I haven't updated this in a whlie. As you guy's know I've been really focused on getting the duckbills done there pretty close to rolling out.

Well as for my car go's I've been on a ton of shared projects with a couple of members and some solo.
    As some of you guy's know ive been try to figure out how the A2B plate was put together. Well shortly after the new year I got a message on fb from one of many people/companies I reached out to for info. At the time I was hit with the most disappointing news I've heard from the 3geez world. The plate had been disposed of. Now where's were it get good. I wasn't sure who this person was tell after he offered me some parts he had laying around. It was Jason budd him self. He did however confirm a lot of things we already knew was able to guide me in the right direction. I can now confirm that the B series flywheel's will fit. They will have to be shimed from the back because of the thickness of the plate but not much and since the flywheel fit It's safe to assume that clutches and pressure plates will fit as well. The hard parts are finding a way to mount the half shaft and get a plate made. So It's totally do able and I feel confident that I can have one made at some point. So to be continued A2B Plate.

As far my build go's he kinda changed my plans as well. He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. He had a set of JE pistons for the A20 new in a box. Catch is they are mad to go on the stock rods(wistpins). So that means no LS/B20 set for me at the moment. I also came across a place that forged rods for reasonably priced well below what it would cost to have a block done to fit the 83mm pistons and ls rods I had planned to run. So basically im gonna build one stock bore motor and one bore to 83mm. This will help me speed things up a bit.

Turbo down pipe full exhaust, new front bumper support with front mount tabs and traction bar have been planned out with a buddy of mine and that is the reason the car is on the trailer now.

Last but not least. I sent my wire harness ans some stuff to Ethan to have the coil on plug set up added to my mil-spec harnes.

So yeah a lot going on.

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by obd0driver View Post
    Well I haven't updated this in a whlie. As you guy's know I've been really focused on getting the duckbills done there pretty close to rolling out.

Well as for my car go's I've been on a ton of shared projects with a couple of members and some solo.
    As some of you guy's know ive been try to figure out how the A2B plate was put together. Well shortly after the new year I got a message on fb from one of many people/companies I reached out to for info. At the time I was hit with the most disappointing news I've heard from the 3geez world. The plate had been disposed of. Now where's were it get good. I wasn't sure who this person was tell after he offered me some parts he had laying around. It was Jason budd him self. He did however confirm a lot of things we already knew was able to guide me in the right direction. I can now confirm that the B series flywheel's will fit. They will have to be shimed from the back because of the thickness of the plate but not much and since the flywheel fit It's safe to assume that clutches and pressure plates will fit as well. The hard parts are finding a way to mount the half shaft and get a plate made. So It's totally do able and I feel confident that I can have one made at some point. So to be continued A2B Plate.

As far my build go's he kinda changed my plans as well. He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. He had a set of JE pistons for the A20 new in a box. Catch is they are mad to go on the stock rods(wistpins). So that means no LS/B20 set for me at the moment. I also came across a place that forged rods for reasonably priced well below what it would cost to have a block done to fit the 83mm pistons and ls rods I had planned to run. So basically im gonna build one stock bore motor and one bore to 83mm. This will help me speed things up a bit.

Turbo down pipe full exhaust, new front bumper support with front mount tabs and traction bar have been planned out with a buddy of mine and that is the reason the car is on the trailer now.

Last but not least. I sent my wire harness ans some stuff to Ethan to have the coil on plug set up added to my mil-spec harnes.

So yeah a lot going on.

I don't know how I missed this? but great update I like those Pistons

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

It's been a while since my last update so here's the latest. I was able to pick up a free 3rd complete motor with trans from one of the local fb member's. Today i took it to my boy's shop to start working on a long list of thing's including the templet out of half inch plexiglass for the a2b and the mount plate for the halfshaft. Hopefully I'll be able to have the cnc shop next door to his shop run one of A2B plates after we make the templet and make sure everything lines up correctly for the halfshaft and it's mounting plate.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

My fab guy sent me these. Its a start.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

yeaaaa boiiiii

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

nice brother

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Not much has changed but here's some photos.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Couple more

Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX hatch carb'd; 1986 Accord LX-i hatch

Lookin' good! Keep up the progress!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

damn son.. you been putting in work!

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    damn son.. you been putting in work!
    I told you when I got it from you I would give it a great home. I hope that it meets you standards manwhen it's done I'll have let you drive it. Thanks again bro

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Yeah this part. Now I just need to figure out the best way to drill the last 4 hole with out damaging the trans. then use that same technique to drill the wholes for the block. Then transfer to 1/2 lexan/Plexiglas with all the hole's countersink for a test fit and mockup up the half shaft mount. Maybe make trans mount or modify a B swap trans mount to fit. Then if I'm lucky I can have/pay/tfw someone cad it and find a place to run a plate. Measure three times cut once is how it goes right.

Last edited by obd0driver; 06-13-2018 at 11:31 AM.

What did you use for the booster delete?
    Quote Originally Posted by obd0driver View Post
    Couple more

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Quote Originally Posted by 89T View Post
    What did you use for the booster delete?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    A ef civic boosters delete modified the bolt to the pedal to for.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Welp finally got myself a welder now to lean a new skill and finish what I started. Speaking of which some progress is better then none. A2B step one paid for next to figure out how to get a block there.