Thread: more random pictures from lost-INCOMING!!!!!

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

more random pictures from lost-INCOMING!!!!!

some random pictures today
    the 3m guide coat i was talking about

the hatch and the 98 showing some of the supplies needed to do a good body and paint job

looks sad but is getting ready for paint very soon

showing the new location of the voice box on the hatch

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

Re: more random pictures from lost-INCOMING!!!!!

What color are you going to paint it? It looks like you will def do right by the car with a proper paint job. Those lights on the front remind me of rally cars.
    What is the "voice box" thing?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    What color are you going to paint it? It looks like you will def do right by the car with a proper paint job. Those lights on the front remind me of rally cars.
    What is the "voice box" thing?
    factory greek white with black below the trim. it'll look better after i put all the trim back on,and put the grill,the spoiler,etc. back on. my bumper needs to be redone again,some idiot scraped the side of it really bad,there goes a bunch of hours of work doing it before,out the window. the voice box thingy, YOUR DOOR IS AJAR! YOUR FUEL IS LOW! YOUR BRAKE IS ON! THE HATCH IS OPEN!! and yes it's a womans voice. I'm putting it back in again.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

Sounds like it will be a very clean head turner! That sucks about the bumper, people are stupid. I'm soo nervous whenever people are arond my car that I don't even let people lean against it. I didn't know that accords have a box like that lol. My dad has an '04 V6 and I don't ever remember hearing it have a voice.

Vehicle

Sounds like it will be a very clean head turner! That sucks about the bumper, people are stupid. I'm soo nervous whenever people are arond my car that I don't even let people lean against it. I didn't know that accords have a box like that lol. My dad has an '04 V6 and I don't ever remember hearing it have a voice.
    they don't have one,but mine does. I need to find the stupid wiring diagram again,I still have the connector installed under the dash that goes into the warning center harness,but i can't find my harness that attaches between it and the box. it used to be in the hatch,but i'm moving it,and i haven't seen the harness in years. It might still be in Atlanta in the barn for all i know. just have to make a new one.

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

lol in a barn in atlanta some were :P probly best to make a new one any how

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

u need to find me one of those voice boxs and make me a wire harnees that would be the shit lol ill pay for it for sure

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

did those voice boxes come stock in hatches? lol @ "the door is ajar".. i like my little ding thanks

Vehicle
    1991 Civic STD

A voice box, huh? You have the oddest taste, I swear.

Good to see the car is coming along, you're going to have one of the most unique cars out there when it's done.

Of course I'm lazy. If I wanted to work on my car I'd have gotten a DSM
    Daily Drivers Done Right

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

looks good

and lol i even took my dinger out only dings if i leve my lights on now no more seat belt warning and no more open door warning lol

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy
    u need to find me one of those voice boxs and make me a wire harnees that would be the shit lol ill pay for it for sure
    i think this one came from an 83 300zx,they are in a lot of nissans. it's mostly ground inputs,everything you need to make it operate comes from the gauge cluster harness, it won't work quite right on 4 doors, it has warnings from the left and right doors,fuel level,brake, hatch,lights on, and i can't remember what else. it's setup to interupt the left door speaker,but with modern high power stereos,it might damage the unit, you might have to hide a speaker somewhere for it. i ordered a sound activated module for this set up. i already have the stereo set up,so with a 12 volt signal, the front two speakers are interupted,and switched together onto a mono speaker level input. i will set up the voice activated module,so that it sends out a 12 volt signal whenever it detects a signal from the module,that will switch the speakers over to the module,through a small powered eq or something like it. i will also hide a small speaker someewhere in the car for voice warnings when the ignition is off. in stock form it would talk through the drivers side speaker whether the radio is on or off. you need a ground from your left and right doors,a ground coming from your speed sensor in the speedometer head,a ground from the parking brake switch, i can't remember if it's a ground or a +12 volts from the fuel warning,a ground from the hatch or trunk switch, +12 volts from the parking light circuit, constant power,ignition switched power,and eithier run the left side + and - speaker wires through the module,or run the output to a seprate speaker. i think the one i got from the zx has a trigger from oil pressure too,can't remember. all grounds from triggers into the unit have to have diodes inline also.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    i think this one came from an 83 300zx,they are in a lot of nissans. it's mostly ground inputs,everything you need to make it operate comes from the gauge cluster harness, it won't work quite right on 4 doors, it has warnings from the left and right doors,fuel level,brake, hatch,lights on, and i can't remember what else. it's setup to interupt the left door speaker,but with modern high power stereos,it might damage the unit, you might have to hide a speaker somewhere for it. i ordered a sound activated module for this set up. i already have the stereo set up,so with a 12 volt signal, the front two speakers are interupted,and switched together onto a mono speaker level input. i will set up the voice activated module,so that it sends out a 12 volt signal whenever it detects a signal from the module,that will switch the speakers over to the module,through a small powered eq or something like it. i will also hide a small speaker someewhere in the car for voice warnings when the ignition is off. in stock form it would talk through the drivers side speaker whether the radio is on or off. you need a ground from your left and right doors,a ground coming from your speed sensor in the speedometer head,a ground from the parking brake switch, i can't remember if it's a ground or a +12 volts from the fuel warning,a ground from the hatch or trunk switch, +12 volts from the parking light circuit, constant power,ignition switched power,and eithier run the left side + and - speaker wires through the module,or run the output to a seprate speaker. i think the one i got from the zx has a trigger from oil pressure too,can't remember. all grounds from triggers into the unit have to have diodes inline also.
    WOW! Right over my head. I don't think I'll be getting one of those. lol

Vehicle

WOW! Right over my head. I don't think I'll be getting one of those. lol
    it's really no different then wiring an alarm system,some alarms are a lot more complicated then that is
    i just can't find the correct wiring diagram for this particular one,next time i go to my parents i'll look in the barn loft and see if it's up there. in the meantime if i find the diagram i'll cook up a harness in a few hours

Vehicle

if anyone happens to have a diagram for an 83 zx turbo voice module and will scan it let me know.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    it's really no different then wiring an alarm system,some alarms are a lot more complicated then that is
    i just can't find the correct wiring diagram for this particular one,next time i go to my parents i'll look in the barn loft and see if it's up there. in the meantime if i find the diagram i'll cook up a harness in a few hours
    Sweet, good luck. Post pics when done please!