Thread: trade car for turbo

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord lxi

trade car for turbo

Ok, i reallyhave plans to go turbo for my 87 accord. no body in NC probably has one. but i have an old junk accord 87 4door model that i use for for spar parts.

the engines out, door locks taken off, spindles, hood , quater panels etc.
    the car is sitting on bricks on the side of the house doing nothing waiting to be picked for parts.

the turbo is off an older model Volvo i think 245. He's going to include the flange, turbo etc anyting i need turbo wise. is it a far swap? i mean, if the mechanic willing to swap so quickly for the car -i wonder if i can possibally recycle the metals and make more or something it dont feel right. my junk car exterior is fine. what do yall think? the guy knows my uncle and i purchas rims from him a while ago i know he wont shit-me.

: argue: - i'll have the turbo and components and i wont have to pay alot of money for another used one.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

Re: trade car for turbo

It sounds good to me man. Just make sure that you get everything that you need/can.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

a used turbo is in the neighborhood of 75-150 bucks more than likely. if you think you could get more for the parts car that way, then go for it. but sounds like it would be nice to get rid of the parts car anyway. the turbo will probably need to be rebuilt anyway, so figure another 150 will need to go towards the rebuild.

good luck

Scrap prices for junk cars are usually 150.00-200.00. My brother sold a parts car the other day for 200. Gotta have a way to haul it down there though.
    Best way to figure is to guess a ballpark of how much it weighs and call a scrap yard and find out how much metal is a going for a pound.