Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A 200hp 200ft-lb Setup possible?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX

Re: A 200hp 200ft-lb Setup possible?

lol i guess no one else so 2cents to pitch in.
    First Accord 88LX R.I.P 7-19-07 (Might be Jolted back to life at least temporarily)
    Seeking another but only with 5-speed I'm joining the Darkside
    89LX or SE-i(yeah right)

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Quote Originally Posted by DDRaptor
    wait 2 carbs just to reach 160-170hp???
    did you make a typo cause that just dosen't make sense
    thanks about the advice about the rods did'nt think about those.
    I still think a vacuum secondary 4barrel could work in place of two webers but you'd have to spend some time tunning the 4barrel.
    Just to back that up I went looking for info on modding 4barrels, especially seemingly oversized ones for the displacement of the motor becasue I was planning on adding a 4bbl to the A20 and it's quite different putting one on a 2liter then a 5 liter.
    http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...boosters_tech/

You'll still need to build a custom intake manifold with either the webers or a 4bbl. You can modify the stock manifold to fit a 4bbl but I'd bet the stock runners will be too small to make the most power at higher rpms.

As to which setup will potentially make more HP in the top end with decent low and mid range, probably the ITB's then the Dual Webers, then the 4bbl.
    Better Low to mid range I'd Say ITBS, Vacuum Secondary 4bbl, and then Dual Webers.

bike carbs/ SU type carbs are good all round as well so you might consider them.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

if your auto i personally wouldnt even think about keeping the auto tranny its gonna get smoked quick. Even if you used all the parts you mentioned i dont think its gonna get you anywhere near 200hp without boost. IF you do go boost i would advise against using titanium rods, i hear they are very hard on the bottom end if you detonate even slightly because they are soo stiff. Whats nice about turbo is that you wouldnt even need to rebuild the engine if its in decent shape to begin with
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX

no yeah i put an prelude/i;ntegra hybrid tranny as part of the list
    theres no way i way put that on an auto with a stick at least i can upgrade clutch components .
    First Accord 88LX R.I.P 7-19-07 (Might be Jolted back to life at least temporarily)
    89LX or SE-i(yeah right)

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX

i know nothin about bike carbs so as it stands right now i have to prioritize this project

first thing i need
    is a donor engine or something like that
    2nd i need help in learning what carb what i be looking for for the best low/mid top end is aided by my big exhaust.
    89LX or SE-i(yeah right)

LX User
    Vehicle
    89' Lx

Quote Originally Posted by DDRaptor View Post
    so bottomline before i go to bed techinally there is no way of using an a20 as a reliable 200hp daily driver with a c/r of 10.1 with a whole new engine just as an example.

high volume oil pump/relocation/cooler
    massive trans cooler
    ti rods
    ti valves, ti valve springs,
    high volume oil pump

how long would it last no more 40,000 Miles???
    I love how people think there isn't any potential for 200hp NA, It can be achieved and still stay together.
    have i built an a20 to 200whp, no.
    chances are, if youre trying to build a 200whp 10.1cr a20, it's not gonna happen.
    higher octane gas is going to be needed, and i'd say an 11-12.1 c/r would be ideal.
    the head would have to be machined quite a bit. you're gonna need to flow some massive air thru it. p&p,
    the valvetrain, yes will need to beef it up so it can take revs to probably 8k.
    i dont know how our crank compares to the ls, but i'd say the ls would be more suited..
    regrind the crank accordingly, if you can, use oversized valves.
    lightweight flywheel and wheels would be ideal.
    fuel injection head will take you there. bore out the throttle body and portmatch the manifold.
    blueprinting this motor as far as possible would be ideal.
    cc the head. measure ring gap.
    if youre wanting every pony out of the motor, you can drill miniscule holes to the top compression ring.
    remove ac/ps.
    chamfer the rod oiling holes,
    micropolish, knifedge and balance the crank.

theres a guy in my area that builds decks so that a longer stroke can be used. they dont seem that hard to make, just have to be very precise and remachine the block, the guy who makes them is taking a b16 to 2.6 liters using an 86mm bore...

but my chances are, i'm posting this in reguards to people whom are all talk and only ideas... hate to say it, but it's true..
    I've moved on to bigger and better things. 94 integra Gsr Sedan is my new ride. And theres big things coming for it.

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

200HP might theoretically be possible, but difficult with only 10:1 compression. You would need two things. First is a very strong and lightweight bottom end that can handle some serious reving. Second is a top end that flows like you can't believe. Could it be driven every day? Sure. Would you want to? Probably not.

C|

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah with 10:1 its going to get harder after you pass like 150whp.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

I vote that you go hang out with AccordEpicenter for a day and try to get a ride in his car . The turbo setup is actually pretty simple, and I sure wouldn't want to maintain a 200whp DD NA A20.

But with a turbo car you could have pretty much a stock engine and good safe tune and rock 200whp all day long.

But you're right its all personal preference. I prefer power and I love the feeling of boost. But we all know plenty of people who just love the NA kick.

I think for 200 whp, u need to start thinking race gas and REALLY high compression (12:1, 13:1?), which kills the DD ability unless you have a money tree in your backyard I'm sure C16 isn't cheap.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

i love these threads. but hey i've seen a d15b non vtec with dual weber 45's run 14.6's on p29s and the head milled .040. pretty fast SEDAN! my point is a lot is possible but it takes a shit ton of work. now i've also seen a d15b non vtec run 13's *cough* turbo *cough*. and the 13's took way less and cost way less money. turbo ftw that's my .02.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

love those threads tho!!!

I thinking what if: take head and take few MM of it, But then you'll need a adjustable CamGear, because by each MM you take away, ignition is retarded by 0.33 degrees. By doing that you'll gain higher compression.
    And : Port the head air inn ports, for wider air intake,and port exhaust ports as well, to make engine to bread out more freely. full Exhaust 2,5" all the way
    Plus: reinforce the engine with forget rods and oil "rings" at the crank mounts (you know what i mean?) lock of English.

Well I *might be* wrong about all of this, You tell me )))

PS: still learning.

edit: Honda/Acura Engine Performance and Honda Engine Swaps
    Last edited by Tomisimo; 09-22-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

LX User
    Vehicle
    89' Lx

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
    love those threads tho!!!

because by each MM you take away, ignition is retarded by 0.33 degrees. By doing that you'll gain higher compression.
    is this statement true for all motors???
    ive been wondering a lil about it..
    I've moved on to bigger and better things. 94 integra Gsr Sedan is my new ride. And theres big things coming for it.

Vehicle
    '04 Forester 2.5XT

i want legend master's ls/vtec setup O_O
    that would make me happy.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

dude just learn turbos and never look back. who was that one guy (I havent been here for ages) who threw a turbo on a stock a20 and bagged it up and down the track making some good numbers?

thats what you should do

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by FyreDaug View Post
    dude just learn turbos and never look back. who was that one guy (I havent been here for ages) who threw a turbo on a stock a20 and bagged it up and down the track making some good numbers?

thats what you should do

jason....i think he was running 13.7 on street tires.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

13.7 with 195 street tires, and a stock accord other than a 3" turbo back exhaust and maybe a better clutch. Also that was with a reasonably small t3 turbo I believe.

I'm sure he could pull high 12's with traction alone. If he could shave the 60' down to a 2.0 he would easily be in high 12's. Pretty amazing!

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord lx ,2006 accord se 2.4l i-vtec 166 hp 5spd

one of the sponsors? vendors that people mention here from time to time sorry forgot who can port and polish your head as far as u want it to go top end about 2k$ they were out of north cali or wash state i believe .. dang someone help me here who is it that sells cams and does head work out on the west coast i called them couple yrs ago
    so head not too pricey imo for full massaging of the ports.
    pic's of project at my homepage: home.earthlink.net/~andyk65

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    13.7 with 195 street tires, and a stock accord other than a 3" turbo back exhaust and maybe a better clutch. Also that was with a reasonably small t3 turbo I believe.

I'm sure he could pull high 12's with traction alone. If he could shave the 60' down to a 2.0 he would easily be in high 12's. Pretty amazing!
    yeah and I dont think it costed that much, how did he run that motor? stock ecu?

im doing up megasquirt on my suzuki swift project

Vehicle

stock ecu with msd btm and safc/safc2 i believe... i think he had fuel pump, fuel injectors, and maybe an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

pretty basic. that is about as low cost management as you can get that covers all the bases.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    swifts/sprints boosted

what was his username again? did he ever blow the thing up? that must be 13-16psi to run 13.7 on stock motor, trans.

everything is so picky about this swift, its a 1.3 im putting a 1.6 block/crank into, figuring out some rods and pistons and hoping to make 200whp with 1bar from a supercharger lol