Re: tune up!!!!didnt work!!!!1

i know
    but i dont have 50 bux right now
    ill see what i can do to fix this till i get paid again
    but i dont understand the 10mpg thing

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

The fuel pump should be outside the car and sit below the fuel tank, but not on the fuel tank and it should be shielded from rocks and heat. Also make sure that pump is ment to be external like that, if not I think the internal ones use the fuel as a means of cooling, but I hope that isn't true.

I'm guessing your hard lines are degraded? How far does your fuel lines run inside the car?

Also is your valve timing or valve lash set right? Did you rotate the crank each time to the possition associated to each cylinder.

Other then that how is your compression... and could be you have bad igniton or worse something like a worn crank bearing.

never use stop leak in the radiator it just gums things up in your cooling system.
    - llia

LX User

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1
    The fuel pump should be outside the car and sit below the fuel tank, but not on the fuel tank and it should be shielded from rocks and heat. Also make sure that pump is ment to be external like that, if not I think the internal ones use the fuel as a means of cooling, but I hope that isn't true.

I'm guessing your hard lines are degraded? How far does your fuel lines run inside the car?

Also is your valve timing or valve lash set right? Did you rotate the crank each time to the possition associated to each cylinder.

Other then that how is your compression... and could be you have bad igniton or worse something like a worn crank bearing.

never use stop leak in the radiator it just gums things up in your cooling system.
    you lost me there
    but the lines connect some how to a metal line that is tucked under the plastick things. then i have a soft line coming from under the rear seats ill take the seats off one day to check it out.
    i just dont understand how it went from some what good to this?
    and i dont understand Also is your valve timing or valve lash set right? Did you rotate the crank each time to the possition associated to each cylinder.
    what do you mean?
    is this from the tune up or what?

LX User

ok so i still have the problems with my car im starting to think thats its the timing so. how can i advanvance the timeing and or retard it,
    im still am wondering why i still get such bad gas milage its starting to bother me to the point that im losing all love my 3 gen and falling for a 5th or 6th gem

LX User

Exclamation Fuel Pump Help

ok so i relocated the fuel pump
    and the car is runnign even worse and when i turn the car on it wont turn on unless i pinch my fuel line so what the fuck is it just to much fuel coming through and its flooding or what?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: omfg why ~!!!!~!!!!~~!!!~

where did you put the fuel pump?

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

that may need a fuel press regualtor, better watch out dude you could be slipping gas past the needle in the carb .. that would fill up the crankcase with gas NOT GOOD
    More information... does the car run ok once you do get it started by pinching the fuel line?

Please can you word threads you start with something pertaining to the subject you are asking about, that way you are not the only one benefiting from any posts on the thread, In other words somebody looking for help on a certain subject would not likely search omfg ~!! etc.. know what I mean Vern? Thanks
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 05-21-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

What fuel pump did you run, how much PSI is it rated at?

some pumps need to be installed near a level parallel to the base of the fuel tank or below it.

Same principal I guess, you use to syphon water from a fish tank to a bucket on the floor beneath the fish tank.

If you have a carb keep an eye on the float level, you'll need to remove the air cleaner and put vacuum caps over the vacuum lines #8 and #33
    Quote Originally Posted by A20A1
    I wonder if you have an EFI pump installed on a carbed car.... or even two fuel pumps and for some reason the person who worked on your car didn't remove and bypass the stock pump from the fuel tank before installing the new pump.
    here is some info so you can check if you have two fuel pumps or just one and if your cap is facing the right way.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45641
    - llia

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    I wonder if you have an EFI pump installed on a carbed car.... or even two fuel pumps and for some reason the person who worked on your car didn't remove and bypass the stock pump from the fuel tank before installing the new pump.

here is some info so you can check if you have two fuel pumps or just one and if your cap is facing the right way.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45641
    - llia

LX User

Re: Fuel Pump Help

the fuel pump is a universal on that cam with the car im not postive on what its rated at but i think i got to much fuel though because it seems like there is fuel in side air box
    also im using a smaller line
    if i flooded the chambers how can i fix that? also i relocated it to the back of my car right above the fuel pump that is in the tank.
    the car starts but runs like shit maybe i put the filters on wrong
    i stick the line the fuel goes in to the back of the arrow
    { out line } <---- {in gas lin}

LX User

what sup? on mine my cap goes back on but it was glued on for an odd reason

i changed both filters on my car the one in the bay and the one (in my case) in the cabin

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

no my cap doesn't go back on cause I bent the rim where is sits on.

So do you only have one fuel pump? and not one hiding in the fuel tank?
    - llia

LX User
    and how do i know what lines are 8 and 33?
    thanks im sorry for the spelling and grammer im just press for time im losing day light

i wish i had my cam so i cna show you guys
    the duech bags
    left one pump in the tank and connected a hose that connects to a filter and then to a a hard line wich leads to the carb.
    so basically im using one pump to suck gas through a broken pump that is still in the gas tank and then it go into the carb.
    i am honestly getting fed up. with this fing thing

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    Quote Originally Posted by buttaz1
    and how do i know what lines are 8 and 33?
    thanks im sorry for the spelling and grammer im just press for time im losing day light
    the vacuum lines will be lables with white numbers on the black vacuum hoses, and also some are labled with white tags with black numbers on the metal vacuum lines.

like these

the fuel pump is a universal on that cam with the car im not postive on what its rated at but i think i got to much fuel though because it seems like there is fuel in side air box
    also im using a smaller line
    if i flooded the chambers how can i fix that? also i relocated it to the back of my car right above the fuel pump that is in the tank.
    the car starts but runs like shit maybe i put the filters on wrong
    i stick the line the fuel goes in to the back of the arrow
    { out line } <---- {in gas lin}

So there is still a pump in the tank?
    You should only run 1 pump, running two pumps will cause problems

also it should be below the tank, but not on the tank.

The filter should go between the fuel tank and the fuel pump for external fuel pumps.

Make sure you are using fuel lines and not some other type of hose or the gas will ruin the hose.

an EFI pump will be around 22 psi the carb pump only 2-3 psi so there is a big difference.

don't use an EFI pump without a pressure regulator rated for the fuel pump, and some regulators will require a return line to dump excess fuel back into the fuel tank.

i wish i had my cam so i cna show you guys
    the duech bags
    left one pump in the tank and connected a hose that connects to a filter and then to a a hard line wich leads to the carb.
    so basically im using one pump to suck gas through a broken pump that is still in the gas tank and then it go into the carb.
    i am honestly getting fed up. with this fing thing
    I wish I was there to fix the problem for ya

Even when all this is done you may have to go back and check for fuel leaks if for some reason you do have a EFI pump, it could have damaged some of the seals or o-rings.

Don't put an external pump into the fuel tank or you are asking for a possible explosion... just remove the stock pump in the tank and replace the pump with a section of fuel line so you bypass it.
    - llia

LX User

well
    im not sure but it says fuel and emissions line
    there a lil bit smaller i have to like make it fit and stuff but im ganna spend a couple more dollars and if it doesnt work then im going to junk the car like honestly this is the worst investment i have ever done

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

only cause you bought it from a bad previous owner that dumped their mistakes on you.
    - llia

LX User

like i cant even get rid of it cause i have morals and dont wanna dump that shit on some one else
    but do you think that if i buy a fuel pump the one that goes in the tank thats sopposed to be there every thing should be fixed?

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar
    ok you need a pump that is rated right for the carb,or you need a regulator. You have the benifit of my searching for the correct pump for a couple of years. I hate the intank pump with a passion,but i needed to find a pump that has dry lift capibility. in other words the pump has to be able to draw fuel to the pump from down in the tank. even when dry. the only pump i have found so far is the walborro pump, they have these in different psi's and different gallons per hour. this pump is a perfect match for what you need. you also can mount it under the car,and the pump is rated to draw fuel from a dry line and self prime up to 48 inches. thats four feet away from the fuel source. you can just remove the existing pump from the hanger,and bypass it with some line. for an intank filter,I would say get one of those all aluminum inline filters,like from summit. they unscrew for service and the filter screen can be cleaned. then run a primary filter after the pump. let me find the link. this is the same pump i'm buying. and walboro is an excellent brand. i'll be back in a minute with the link.

here is the link i think this will solve your problem. http://www.autoperformanceengineerin.../fr_pumps.html

LX User

so before i do this
    does it seem like all these problems i am having
    low gas milage
    weird or eratic idle
    sluggish acceleration
    seem to all be a fuel pump related problem

Vehicle
    i would check your pump output pressure at the carb too,it almost sounds like you have a carb problem. how do you have these two pumps hooked up anyway? one in front of the other or something? also you didn't try to hook up a fuel injection pump did you? you can't run two different types of pumps inline you will have all kinds of problems. if your in tank pump is bad this other pump is cheaper anyway. if you follow the rubber line under the car,you'll see a mounting point near the left rear wheel for an external pump. there should be a piece of metal line between two rubber lines even. i would bypass the factory pump,with a pice of line in the tank,try to position the end near the original pickup location, mount the new pump under the car, hook power up to the factory pump power going to the old pump,and go. the factory ful filter is behind that location,so it would be before the pump. i would use the pump that has the lower psi, it has plenty of fuel flow for a stock carb. I think you can run this pump off of the original pump relay, it draws so little current,that i don't think it draws more then the factory pump.

there is a way to run wo pumps,but you need a check valve for each pump. this won't increase your pressure,only your volume. you need the valves to keep fuel from backflowing through the pump with lower volume. you would run a line from each pump,through a check valve,then to a t fitting. if you do this and add an aditional feed into the original pump hanger, this would give you the option of keeping the factory pump as a backup. if one fails,switch the other on. i'm going to do this,but add an rpm window switch,so the pump comes on for boost at higher rpms.

I just figured out something very interesting, if you mount this pump on the frame rail beside the gas tank, a power steering gear cover panel will fit almost perfectly over the pump location. it will take some minor cutting and one bracket,but it will bolt to the frame rail, this will protect the pump location,and sit almost level with the frame rail near the left rear tire.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

See the other thread it has pics of where they installed the second pump and he had gas leaks inside the car

EDIT: Nevermind just look up to see the pics, I merged the two threads.
    - llia

LX User

well what these guys did
    i think was the pump broke they got a external pump and are sucking fuel throough the failed pump and then it connect to the carb some how
    they are using the regualar relay from the oem pump

i dont know
    but i wanna make sure that it is the fuel pump that is causeing so many problems.
    and why is a intank fuel pump bad?

Vehicle

they put the pump inside of the car?!! where is this thread? i thought about doing this,but was going to make a hump for the rear floor pan on the english wheel,then weld it to the floor pan,with a cutout below it. then it really wouldn't be in the car. but the location right beside the tank on the frame rail is excellent. there should be a piece of fixed metal line right between two rubber hoses,right before it goes to the hard line inside of the car.

LX User

i only have one pump
    one is the float and one is apump
    one has the bolts and the other one has the clips?

LX User

its called
    tune up didnt work
    its got a couple pics and has links to my photobucket which has all the pics