Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gem found in honda warehouse

LX User
    Vehicle
    1984 honda accord/ 1978 chevy caprice 9c1

Gem found in honda warehouse

after looking and looking I finally found an OEM carburetor for my car. in a Honda warehouse. it was sitting behind a rack of tires inside an old dusty box. it was brand new no dirt or anything even said it was made in 1985. ill post a video of my car running with the new carb on it.

I have another question to ask what oil should i use in my car synthetic or regular. my cars engine only has 110,000K on it.
    I love my accord with its mega rare A16A1 engine and its awesome loud roar. but I have to walk to japan just to find parts for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tQXyXJGITU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onujMwkBLr0

2ndGenGuy

Re: Gem found in honda warehouse

Wow sweet man! That's a cool story. Glad to hear that your car is running great now. I think many of us wished that we'd find our needed part sitting brand new in box behind and old tire!

I would say stick with regular oil. Synthetic is expensive and won't offer your engine any benefits IMO. Unless you're doing a rebuild or something.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

yeah that is cool to find a 22 year old carb just sitting there strill brand new

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

how much was it

LX User
    Vehicle

it cost me nothing because they where going to send it to the junk yard
    I love my accord with its mega rare A16A1 engine and its awesome loud roar. but I have to walk to japan just to find parts for it.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

that makes it even better

LX User
    Vehicle

Ive posted my video on you tube. soon you'll see the carb in action.

LX User
    Vehicle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGQNwBA9koI

here you go hope you enjoy

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord

Nice find! sounds like you need to adjust your valves. Don't worry my car sounds the same way lol

<3 sohc
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...t=59236&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    It's something about being unique

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

cool....i bet the car runs better.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

LX User
    Vehicle

valves? like the intake valves? how do you adjust those.....? if you mean that vacuum sound.. thats the carburetor it sucks like mad and in a good way

2ndGenGuy

Dude that's the deal! I can't believe you got that for free! What else are they scrapping from 2g Accords? I will come up this weekend and get whatever they're dumping. Seriously, PM sent!

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord

<3 sohc
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...t=59236&page=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend_master
    It's something about being unique

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

HOW TO ??
    How to get vintage , brand new Honda parts for free, Im gonna read that one for sure....

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2
    HOW TO ??
    How to get vintage , brand new Honda parts for free, Im gonna read that one for sure....
    LMFAO. Count me in on that one too!

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

That is a aweet deal! From what I've been told, most Honda dealers just THROW AWAY their old accessories and parts in the trash. One dealer service writer tol me personally they had a GRIP of 90-93 Accord spoiler accessories and they threw them AWAY. The service manager figured they'd never sell (probably true LOCALLY, not Internet) They held on to them until this one old tech. retired, then they threw them away along with a bunch of NOS that hadn't sold. Some dealers put the NOS on ebay to clear out space for newer parts, but that's not the rule. Stuff over like 5 years old and unsold gets the can. I bet there are more gems like this carb deal "somewhere". Dealers are wasteful as hell at times-- like NOS. But if you want a SPRAY of door lube, some want to bill you $40. Awesome find man!

I bet any of us could catch the parts guys on the right day and just truck off a bunch of older new parts from the dealership in the name of "we need the shelf space". They need to send it back to vintage parts instead.
    Last edited by offthahook; 06-02-2007 at 01:08 PM.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

damn u got it for free?!?! best deal in 2geez history

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

damn man...nice find!

as far as oil goes synthetic blend probably wouldnt be a bad idea...

I run a semi synthetic oil thats actually made for motorcycles, in my civic, and i feel that it runs a bit better..nothing real noticeable, just a little smoother. It also tends to last a little bit longer than your basic oil

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

you cant beat free.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by offthahook
    That is a aweet deal! From what I've been told, most Honda dealers just THROW AWAY their old accessories and parts in the trash. One dealer service writer tol me personally they had a GRIP of 90-93 Accord spoiler accessories and they threw them AWAY. The service manager figured they'd never sell (probably true LOCALLY, not Internet) They held on to them until this one old tech. retired, then they threw them away along with a bunch of NOS that hadn't sold. Some dealers put the NOS on ebay to clear out space for newer parts, but that's not the rule. Stuff over like 5 years old and unsold gets the can. I bet there are more gems like this carb deal "somewhere". Dealers are wasteful as hell at times-- like NOS. But if you want a SPRAY of door lube, some want to bill you $40. Awesome find man!
    I bet any of us could catch the parts guys on the right day and just truck off a bunch of older new parts from the dealership in the name of "we need the shelf space". They need to send it back to vintage parts instead.
    I would bet this to be absolutly true, no for the treasure hunt!
    Let's see, small dealerships off the beaten path, Old dealerships moving into new buildings would be good places to look.
    It would be like a good fishing trip to find an A18 prelude head NOS, Hell even a A20 head. NOS crank kit, New Old Stock FTW

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

this makes me wonder how many 1 and 2gen parts Majestic Honda actually has in stock. The website claims almost every part; from firewalls to rear quarters to cylinder heads and every clip and molding.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar
    this makes me wonder how many 1 and 2gen parts Majestic Honda actually has in stock. The website claims almost every part; from firewalls to rear quarters to cylinder heads and every clip and molding.
    I doubt they have too many. If they are a huge outfit, and they seem to be, they may stock a lot more stuff at a time. If they have the storage capacity, they hold on to it as newer parts come in. They may have the part number on their website and you can put a part in the shopping cart... but you'll get the phone call from the parts guy telling you it's all obsolete and unavailable. I just placed an order with a site that claimed to have stuff in stock. Out of 9 line items, they could get 2. I asked the guy if there was a way to know, by their online catalog, if an item is unavailable. He said no way to know. I asked him why that was and he just said that the catalog is a list of every part number for the car. The catalog isn't updated online, but the dealerships have some inhouse updated version. It would be pure dumb luck if you stumbled upon a part you need that is "unavailable", but a Honda dealer just happens to have in stock. I've heard of dealer parts managers not wanting to stock parts for cars older than TWO years. Not enough space I guess and not worth holding onto or waiting for someone to post them on ebay.

I KNOW there are complete engines, heads, doors, carbs, etc "somewhere" out there. I bought a NOS 1G hood from a dealer for $7 online. $15 to deliver it. It was pure dust on the box, but it's golden if I ever need one. I'm glad they posted it, but they may have lost money on the deal by having to package it up. There is so much unnecessary waste at car dealerships, especially in that parts room. Granted, they gotta move stuff and rotate stuff out, but have a sidewalk sale or something just to get rid of older things lying around. It's all about the profit and older parts are not profitable in most cases. Just think if you were a trash collector on a dealer's lot. You could make a living off what's in there, even the "bad" stuff. I know they return trannies, engines, alternators, and other hard parts for rebuilds or trouble tracing. But they toss a ton of usable stuff in the dumpster. Now, go dumpster diving and score some parts.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Another thing I wondered is if you can buy engines from Honda itself. You can call up GMPP or Goodwrench and have 10 smallblock chevy's tomorrow, but when's the last time somebody bought a factory A20? Or a high demand engine like the B18C? Every engine I've ever seen bought with Honda on it has been used, or rebuilt by Bubba and Cletus somewhere in the states.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

It's too bad dealers junk out their stuff.

I was lucky enough to get free stuff too a few years back. I got a set of door skins, a roof skin (with the OEM sunroof hole) and the rear part where the taillights bolt to.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by guyhatesmycar
    Another thing I wondered is if you can buy engines from Honda itself. You can call up GMPP or Goodwrench and have 10 smallblock chevy's tomorrow, but when's the last time somebody bought a factory A20? Or a high demand engine like the B18C? Every engine I've ever seen bought with Honda on it has been used, or rebuilt by Bubba and Cletus somewhere in the states.

Somebody has access to them. Ever seen the Aerial Atom? That thing comes with some mad tyte Honda Power. I think earlier ones were supercharged B-series and now some K-series motors. But the lack of availability might explain why the newer ones boast a 300hp GM Ecotec engine.

It's neat though that GM is making a crate 4 cylinder you can buy. If Honda did this more, you'd see all sorts of neat stuff "Powered by Honda."