Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaved trunk and tail lights

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe

Shaved trunk and tail lights

I plan on shaving my tail light part in the middle where the license plate goes. Which will leave me with the problem of where to put my license plate. I saw a 88,89,90 ?? Prelude with the license plate notch in the bumper. Will that back bumper fit on my 3g? :super:
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i
    thats what i wanna do too. i think that the prelude bumper will fit with some modding, but when you shave it, just angle your license plate in the middle some where to look custom, that would be phat.
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

Vehicle
    What are your plans for shaving the hood?(how)
    2.25 Sprint drop w/ Bilstien struts in rear & Koni's in the front, moddified 94-97 Accord CAI, JDM power folding mirrors, Prelude A arms, Naxos exhaust, K&N Filter, Accel coil, Advanced timing, NGK-R plugs, 7.5mm wires, Apc H4 headlight conversion, PIAA hyper plasma bulbs every where, 17" Exel Maj rims wrapped in 205/40 17 Kumho tires, w/ 5% platinum tint, painted calipers & drums, shaved tail lights, moldings, antana, squirters, and emblems, Clarion DRB3675 head unit w/ Clarion 6x9s

Vehicle
    '89 honda accord lx-i

hood

im shaving the emblem on the hood
    Check out my Cardomain page for mod list and pictures of my 3GEEZ!

My Cardomain Page With PICS!
    *New Colorado 3Geez meet comming soon*

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord Ex-i (sold), 1994 Honda Accord EX-R

Re: hood

Originally posted by superaccord
    im shaving the emblem on the hood
    I did that a while back, and i think it looks so much better.
    MBowe#19
    Hondasport19 on Vancouveraccords.com

Vehicle
    1991 H23 powered Accord EX Wagon , Turbo 91 Honda CRX, and 96 Blazer LT
    my hood has a big ass dent in it from when my mother rear ended some pick up truck back in the day. i probably just need a nother hood.

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)
    Heres apic of some one that has done it
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    & heres a Lude bumper
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 coupe/ 06 TL 6spd
    I think that guy needs a camber kit don't you think

or his rear suspension has some issues
    R.I.P Spoon Se-i 01/17/04

TAGaCIRCLEa4anarky
    naw that shyts too plain, have a space for your lisence plate made @ an angle, i saw a pic on ebay, ill see if i can find one

Vehicle
    ya man, I agree. Having it frenched and angled is sweet looking.
    MBowe#19

Vehicle
    I wouldnt know how to make the space exactly rectangle. So i'll probably end up just mounting a bracket down by the back bumper lip for my plate.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87/Honda/Accord
    what does it mean to "shave" your emblems???

and remember....

Vehicle
    just means taking them off, and if there are holes behind them, then having the holes filled and smoothed out, so it looks like there was nothing ever there. Some of the emblems are just stuck on, so nothing needs to be filled.
    MBowe#19

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi that is really pimped!
    this is what you should do, shave your inside lights and fiberglass the licence plate area and do this to your back bumper... compliment to digitized on this one!

look closely at the back bumper and you will cream your pants! ^_^ I think he even installed license plate lights there too!
    [Interior] Doors/Dash/Center Console painted at graphics shop. Black/Maroon interior. 20"x4 Green Neon's with sound sensors and a custom switch that I am forever proud of.
    [Exterior] Painted Tail Lights, Red emblems, CUSTOM SI logo that I found in the junkyard, 15" Brobet U's, Tokico Struts, Nuespeed Coilovers, Street-Glo Green Neon Undercar Kit.

Vehicle
    ooooooooo, thats nice. I think that's the only 3rd gen. that I've seen with the licence plate relocated down there. If there are lights down there too.........thats some sweet work.
    MBowe#19

LXi User
    Vehicle
    1987 accord sedan
    it's not even all that difficult to accomplish...tap the wires for your parking lights....get a bumper cover from a car that had the plate down there...get the center part is the hardest to find whats that from anyways??

I like the look of teh plastic "light all teh way accross...be really nice if you could get it all to light up at night or something...

that red one withthe camber probs looks like shait it'as a different color from teh rest of teh car...nasty
    nothing

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    The paint is all one color on that red one. What you are seeing is the gold pearl that is laid over it.
    It doesn't have camber problems either is has airbags and happens to be dropped at the moment. Once he raises it back up there isn't a problem.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi that is really pimped!
    good man pearl, good man... I like that ride with the bags... kinda pimped for me though... he's probably plushed teh whole interior...

as for digitized old vigor accord... that thing is trashed when he sold it... and i haven't seen digitized on this new board, we miss you man!!!

Digi, if you see this post, I"M DOING THAT CONVERSION, KINDA... clears, then i'm molding out the license plate and relocating with lights to the bottom bumper exactly the way yours is done!!! MY INSPIRATION.... also a crx lip and transport sideskirts... then my car will be complete!!!
    [Interior] Doors/Dash/Center Console painted at graphics shop. Black/Maroon interior. 20"x4 Green Neon's with sound sensors and a custom switch that I am forever proud of.
    [Exterior] Painted Tail Lights, Red emblems, CUSTOM SI logo that I found in the junkyard, 15" Brobet U's, Tokico Struts, Nuespeed Coilovers, Street-Glo Green Neon Undercar Kit.

Vehicle
    93 Prelude Si..shaved and bagged - 96 S10 bagged and bodydropped, 99 Suburban dropped 5/7 on 22s
    Actually you can see the interior is tweed through the back window. No lowrider style for that guy - he is strictly Minitruck style.

Vehicle
    Once I finish mine its going to be euro, mini truckin, & lowrider all in one

Vehicle
    '92 Toyota Paseo
    Well, my brother's 85 'lude has the license plate where digitized has his.

Vehicle
    Originally posted by 87DXHatch
    Well, my brother's 85 'lude has the license plate where digitized has his.
    ya, but dont the preludes already have them on the bottom bumper????? A few of my buddies have 85 ludes, and I think they all have them lower down.
    MBowe#19

Vehicle
    86 Accord Exi
    nice!!! looks like the back of the 240sx hehe yeah digitized had one sweet ass ride, i saw the kit b4 but this is the first tyme seeing the lights
    86 Electron Blue Accord Exi
    3geez Member since October 31st 2001

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS
    No kit Say Sweet quite like DIGITIZED....
    - llia