Thread: 2007 Portland Rose Cup Races, did anybody go?

2ndGenGuy

2007 Portland Rose Cup Races, did anybody go?

Went to the Rose Cup races at PIR yesterday! Cool shit! My friend is crew for one of the Formula 500 cars that raced. They had a few crazy Honda's there too.

This team from Canada had a 1976 Civic with a 1300cc E-series motor. It was putting out 170hp @ 9500rpm, with Weber fuel management and ITBs. It was completely distributorless, computerized everything. They had wheel speed senors, brake pressure sensors, G-force sensors. They told me they logged everything and could tell which corner you were locking up a brake in, or how much gas you were putting into a corner.

It had a widened drivetrain to the maximum of 60 inches I think they said. Full roll cage. Fully adjustable suspension in every aspect. Completely gutted and tubbed. The tranny even had straight-cut gears installed. So much hard-core custom work, I bet that car whooped up! It was so badass, I wish I had pics with my camera. They even had a Mugen valve cover! <3

Oh they even had an all-original 84 or 85 Mugen CRX, and an NSX Prototype LeMans car. It was sick! Wish I could have seen under the hood of the CRX though.

Anyways, it was a busy event, and was wondering if anybody else here went. I thought it might be kinda likely.

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,

Re: 2007 Portland Rose Cup Races, did anybody go?

All my friends bailed or else I would have headed up. I've gone the last few years. Bummed I missed it.

Alex

LX User
    Vehicle
    88 Accord LX

i was there working at the competition motorsports truck, i'm at all the scca and confrence races at PIR
    Zeph Uusitalo
    Proof That Bike Carbs Work On An A20!
    Dyno'd the accord. It made 104HP 117TQ.... And blew smoke everywhere. I guess the 210K motor really is done

2ndGenGuy

Crazy! I probably saw you there then and didn't even know it. What does Competition Motorsports do? Were you guys racing a car, or selling car stuff?

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,

The sell equipments (suits and the like) and also rent a couple of racecars out. An older corolla and pulsar, iirc.

Alex