Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: want to build up my car

DX User

want to build up my car

ok im pickin up a 89 accord and im lookin at slapin a turbo on it.

how much boost can these motors hold and what kind of injectors do you all run

im looking for speed and i want to go cheep the turbo kit is going to be a junck yard kit i got a turbo off a ford tbird that ill be useing and im going to go cheep seen its just a toy to play with and im only dropin 300 on the car needs a water pump and body sucks but im not lookin for looks just speed

now im new to honda motors so any info will be great

jeff

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: want to build up my car

make sure you pick up a fuel injected car...or you will be hating life

to the site maing!

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

sup dude and welcome to 3geez

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/search.php before asking any qusetions

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

look in the FAQ section

and another thing, theres fast, cheap, not reliable... and theres fast, not cheap, reliable... not fast, cheap, reliable. choose one.....
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

DX User

i dont really car much about the car its just going to be a race car lol i want it to hold up but im not going all out and dropin 5grand on it lol i may when this motor blows i may do a swap but rite now im not to worry about it i have my cavalier i drvie evey day and my nissan im building for looks now i want to go fast i was going to build the cavalier but theres more honda parts out there and cheeper

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

we dont have alot of aftermarket but yeah....your turbo will have to be custom...but if you get junkyard parts it might work...just not very reliable.....so yeah like i said make sure the car is a lx-i or and se-i

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA

Quote Originally Posted by cavalierboy02
    i dont really car much about the car its just going to be a race car lol i want it to hold up but im not going all out and dropin 5grand on it lol i may when this motor blows i may do a swap but rite now im not to worry about it i have my cavalier i drvie evey day and my nissan im building for looks now i want to go fast i was going to build the cavalier but theres more honda parts out there and cheeper
    You are aware of the fact that there is basically no aftermarket support for these cars, right? And your chances of "slapping" a turbo on are low because you'll need to fabricate nearly everything except the turbo itself. These cars can be fast, but just have a look at stories of AccordEpicenter (member) or other turbocharged Accord owners and you'll see that they went above and beyond "slapping" things onto their cars to achieve the results that you seem to be after. As mentioned before, do a search and you are bound to come up with several examples of different turbo setups done in the recent past. Good luck with your 3G
    3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap

we have a turbo section, most of our turbo threads are in there. i am not going to be a homo-fag and tell you to search cuz i think it makes me look cool, i am going to give you a few pointers.

go to the turbo section and check out the other ecm options and project odb1 conversion thread. if you want a tunable ecu for your turbo setup you gonna have to dump the vac advanced distributor and convert to odb1. as far as turbo manifolds go noone really makes them. i have enough supplies to make 3 or 4 manifolds but i decided to hold off until spring time to weld them up. so basically your going to have to find someone to make u a custom one. you should also looking into upgrading to a b16 intake/fuel system. the manifold will bolt on if you modify 2 of the lower mounting holes. there is a how to. best bet is to dump ps and ac if you plan on running proper piping. you may also want to ungrade/downgrade to a 92-95 civic radiator with a slim fan seeing there isent much space. there alot more to it though
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX

there is no such thing as cheap turbo for our cars. the manifold itself will set you down to $300-750 depending if you are making or someone else is making it.
    lets not forget downpipe, full exhaust, charge pipes and so on and on.
    you can do hack on management that can get you runing to about 10 psi (walking on thin ice).
    most people that have turbo in their accords spent a few grand to make it run right.
    Our blocks are cast iron and they can hold 25+ psi with no problem with upgraded internals.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
    You are aware of the fact that there is basically no aftermarket support for these cars, right? And your chances of "slapping" a turbo on are low because you'll need to fabricate nearly everything except the turbo itself. These cars can be fast, but just have a look at stories of AccordEpicenter (member) or other turbocharged Accord owners and you'll see that they went above and beyond "slapping" things onto their cars to achieve the results that you seem to be after. As mentioned before, do a search and you are bound to come up with several examples of different turbo setups done in the recent past. Good luck with your 3G
    im with him ^ if ur looking to slap stuff on u might as well get a civic cause they have like 100X more after market support over of beloved 3geez

Vehicle
    '01 BMW 740i,'87 Accord,'02 Accord EX-L,'76 Datsun 280Z,'05 Subaru Legacy GT*R.I.P.*

unless you are fabricating all the parts and have the hook up at the junk yards, expect to spend at least $1200 just getting started. but thats not even going to able to run more than 8 lbs i'm sure without blowing the head gasket out.
    turbo+not a lot of money= fun for a little while then exploded engine
    lol
    Keep it HONDA. Or at least Asian.™
    *Weber 32/36*Pacesetter Header*2.25 in. Cat Back exhaust*SE-i rear disk brakes
    B18C swap ditched, A20 to be revived
    Looking for K20/trans for ultimate swap

DX User

well as far as the manafold i made them befor heres one i had made for my old truck befor i started the 350 swap
    and as far as money goes i can get most of the metal i need from school
    and i dont mind spending cash on swapin some stuff its just im not going to speend 5 grand on the car i got a guy at the junker that gives me the hook up on eveythang its just i need to know what will work in these cars and what wornt
    who sale the obd1 kits are that plug and play and what is needed to make them work
    heres a pick of one i did if i can find a pick of it done ill post it

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

well as far as the manafold i made them befor heres one i had made for my old truck befor i started the 350 swap
    and as far as money goes i can get most of the metal i need from school
    and i dont mind spending cash on swapin some stuff its just im not going to speend 5 grand on the car i got a guy at the junker that gives me the hook up on eveythang its just i need to know what will work in these cars and what wornt
    who sale the obd1 kits are that plug and play and what is needed to make them work
    heres a pick of one i did if i can find a pick of it done ill post it

well if you can build your own manifold you can build the whole turbo it. i was thinking of using a header flange and just weld some pipes together. anyways you will have to look up how to do the obd1 conversion since no one sells a kit...you can ask the members for tips that have already done it.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

none is selling a kit yet, its all do-it-yourself
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

Vehicle
    1989 240sx FB,

Jesus, dude. READ! There are NO kits for anything for 3g accords. Pretty much everything, even strut bars, are custom affairs. No manifolds, no management, etc. People have done the obd swap, or you can hook up and run Megasquirt.

The 3g is not a car where you can just slap parts onto. Buy a civic if you want that sort of convenience.

Alex

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

hey hey guys.....at least he didnt go out and bought a h22.... some guy at prelude power bought a 2nd gen for 300 bucks then he bought a h22 that he plans to swap in.....everyone laughed cuz he was like were can i get a kit.....the worse part is that his lude is carbed....i laughed hard....

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User

run Megasquirt? tthats a new thang to my ear mind fillin me in with some info on it

DX User

i dont care to do it all its just i dont know who to ask for info so thats why i ended up here i know you all will know what is needed to be done i dont care to do it

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

run Megasquirt? tthats a new thang to my ear mind fillin me in with some info on it
    its a ecu upgrade for fuel management

Vehicle
    1990/BMW/535iA

3axap.
    ------------------------------------------------

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Last edited by gfrg88; 12-13-2006 at 04:08 PM.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

cool a 3gee race car

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i Sedan; 1998 BMW 540i/6

ok, first of all, you say you want to make the 3g "fast." define this "fast" that you're speaking of. our fastest members here are getting in the 13s in the 1/4 mile. in some circles, you might as well be walking if that's what time you're running. but the main question is really how much money do you want to spend? you say you don't want to drop 5k on it, but what about 4? you need to be more clear on stuff like that. otherwise, you'll get lots of asshole answers telling you to search because your questions are all answered by spending 5-10 minutes in the turbo section of the board.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyloopy
    our fastest members here are getting in the 13s in the 1/4 mile.

i think the fastest 3g is actually doing 10's
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com