Thread: What is this hose?

What is this vacline?

I need your help once again people, what is this broken vacline? Russian told me that could be the reason why my a/c is idle boost is messed up, so i need to know what is it,

Its behind the carb towards the firewall and its under those 3 very short vaclines that run from the carb to the hardlines. Its almost impossible to replace but i think i can change it if i remove some things but i need to what it is and if it will effect my a/c idle boost. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ahmad89; 07-24-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Re: What is this hose?

Anyone know anything about that hose?

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

awww why not fix it.......

Quote Originally Posted by 1ajs
    awww why not fix it.......
    dz, talk in the chat room, cant say anything on here anymore.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord Hatchback...looks are deceiving :D

Talking Re: What is this hose?

Ah memories from when I had that emissions crap...
    Its kinda hard to tell from that picture and don't quote me on this but...it looks like the vacuum line used for air bleeding the carbies jets due to vacuum flocculation's and other various emissions crap. I believe it leads to other lines which ends at a black cylindrical object(Jet air corrector?) with three vac hoses coming from it (Lines A,B,C...it also has a nut located behind it which can be adjusted for leaning the mixture by increasing air in the lines), this is located near your ignition coil. Either way you should defiantly replace that line. A better prognosis can be attained with better pictures...
    Well any leak in the vacuum lines can cause numerous other problems in the system including the a/c idle boost but they not directly connected...theres a vacuum diaphragm(kinda looks like a upside down UFO ) on the left side of your carby which, if you notice, is connected to secondary throttle shaft I believe via small rod...it also has a vacuum hose leading from it...now thats your a/c idle boost module. Just double check all the lines to make sure. Adios!

Quote Originally Posted by sb_hbackDX
    Ah memories from when I had that emissions crap...
    Its kinda hard to tell from that picture and don't quote me on this but...it looks like the vacuum line used for air bleeding the carbies jets due to vacuum flocculation's and other various emissions crap. I believe it leads to other lines which ends at a black cylindrical object(Jet air corrector?) with three vac hoses coming from it (Lines A,B,C...it also has a nut located behind it which can be adjusted for leaning the mixture by increasing air in the lines), this is located near your ignition coil. Either way you should defiantly replace that line. A better prognosis can be attained with better pictures...
    Well any leak in the vacuum lines can cause numerous other problems in the system including the a/c idle boost but they not directly connected...theres a vacuum diaphragm(kinda looks like a upside down UFO ) on the left side of your carby which, if you notice, is connected to secondary throttle shaft I believe via small rod...it also has a vacuum hose leading from it...now thats your a/c idle boost module. Just double check all the lines to make sure. Adios!
    finally, thank you very much i will check it out tomorrow.

well today i took off the air box and i found the number of that hose, its number 7 and right next to it towards the passenger side is hose number 3 or line whatever. What does vacline number 7 do?

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

#7 has nothing to do with the AC boost. It between the manifold and vacuum switches B and C, in the black box. They send a signal to the ECU when the vacuum is below a certain level. I would fix it.
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by LX-incredible
    #7 has nothing to do with the AC boost. It between the manifold and vacuum switches B and C, in the black box. They send a signal to the ECU when the vacuum is below a certain level. I would fix it.
    im going to but its a major PITFA to pull it out especially since it hasnt been touched in over 17 years but i will figure out how to get a goo grip on it and stuff but first i need to buy that roll of vac line. Thanks for the help again.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

of all the the things i miss from my 3gee that was one i dont miss at all, damn vac lines become such a head ache, most likely if you go threw it all when you fixthat you will find atleast 2 others that are starting to rip or get leaks, but good luck on that and be patient when working on vac lines or else you get really pissed off and brea more of them lol

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r
    of all the the things i miss from my 3gee that was one i dont miss at all, damn vac lines become such a head ache, most likely if you go threw it all when you fixthat you will find atleast 2 others that are starting to rip or get leaks, but good luck on that and be patient when working on vac lines or else you get really pissed off and brea more of them lol
    yea im going to replace all my vaclines but i need to get that 50ft roll

Vehicle
    83 accord honda hatch

humm if it hasent aredy been done i would suggest just buying a male male connector and sticking it in there

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad89
    yea im going to replace all my vaclines but i need to get that 50ft roll
    You know if you replace all your lines, they won't be numbered anymore!! Remember, if you use the red silicon hose, you'll get better flow. Good for 20bhp.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

where you been, he is banned

since we are here, I would replace the hose, it is broke..use crooked neck long needlenose pleirs to get the old one off.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45880

thats what #7 does.

Vacuum Switch B

- llia

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Great diagrams, where'd you get them from?
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2
    where you been, he is banned
    since we are here, I would replace the hose, it is broke..use crooked neck long needlenose pleirs to get the old one off.
    Oh... I guess I don't venture out of the 1geez and 2geez world often enough... wtf happened?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    Oh... I guess I don't venture out of the 1geez and 2geez world often enough... wtf happened?
    too much disrespect and foolishness, posted a bunch of highly offensive pics, Coupe got cut off too.