Thread: SE-i update

Vehicle
    85 Accord SE-i / 89 Accord SE-i

SE-i update

Ok, I got the car running last night but not without some setbacks. First I figured out that the fuel pump is bad so I got a new one and put it in, however when I was tightening everything up I broke the positive wire lug stud off. That made me pretty pissed. I rigged it up and got it to work for the time being but it will need to get yet another pump. Next, I got it started and it ran ok but the radiator has a huge crack in it and one of the heater hoses is leaking pretty bad and also it looks like the water pipe on the back of the engine is leaking also. The coolant was very rusty so the system definately needs to be flushed. It blew some blue smoke for a little bit but now seems ok. The engine definately needs a valve adjustment. Also one bit of good news, the transmission that I was told was bad by the previous owner is working fine, so I think the cv axle was their actual problem. I need to adjust the idle because it was at about 1500rpm and I think the fast idle valve is bad because it had the classic Honda idle bounce going on. It still needs some work but it runs and that is a start.
    And Thats The Bottom Line... Because Stone Cold Said So!
    Current Vehicles: 03 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 Diesel, 83 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4x4, 94 Civic 2dr EX 4AT, 99 Civic 3dr DX 5MT

2ndGenGuy

Re: SE-i update

Sweet! Sounds like you're getting the work done. Is your SEi grey or that maroon color? And, do ou have the Bose stereo in it still? Sounds like you're getting it hooked up into a nice car! Get some pics!

Vehicle
    85 Accord SE-i / 89 Accord SE-i

Re: SE-i update

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy
    Is your SEi grey or that maroon color? And, do you have the Bose stereo in it still?
    It is a dark brown color with a tanish interior. I don't know if the 85 SE-i came with a Bose stereo, I know that the 89's did, in either case the stock stereo is long gone. The people I got it from put in some cheezy speakers and a Pioneer cassette deck, sweet right? The deck doesn't even work anymore. The equalizer is still intact but I don't know if it's even hooked up. The project is on hold for the time being as I am going to focus on my Prelude and getting that thing up and going again. A word of advice, don't let your friends drive your car unless you absolutely trust them with it. As is the case with my Prelude, a friend drove it, blew it up in less than 1/4 of a mile and hasn't given me a dime yet to help fix it. But he says he "feels really bad about it". Feeling bad contrary to popular belief doesn't get my car fixed. I'm not bitter... really I'm not.
    And Thats The Bottom Line... Because Stone Cold Said So!
    Current Vehicles: 03 Ford F250 Super Duty 4x4 Diesel, 83 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4x4, 94 Civic 2dr EX 4AT, 99 Civic 3dr DX 5MT