Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 1gee Mouse House

2ndGenGuy

The 1gee Mouse House

So I've got a little mouse problem in my 1gee. I can't find where the cute little bastards are, but I saw one jump into the car from the hole where the automatic shift linkage used to go through. He went under the seat of the car, and I've been unable to find him. I pulled the seats out to swap in my 2g hatch seats I picked up, and I didn't see him in the car. I taped up the holes in the center console where the shifter was, but he chewed through, and now it stinks like a mofo in the car. I dunno if he coudln't get out and died, or if he ate the tape and died. But it didn't stink like this before, and I don't want him chewing up my upholstery. Any ideas to get him out and keep any of the other little bastards out of the car? How about removing smells too? Do you think it will go away once it's gone, or will it still stink? Should I pull the whole carpet and shampoo it?

Vehicle
    gold 88 accord lx

Re: The 1gee Mouse House

yuck, my dad had squirrels in his 87lxi heater ducts when i was a kid. have you checked in there. if its still alive, mice love peanut butter. you could always keep a trap in the car under the seat. as far as the smell, spill some vodka on the floor! or rent a carpet shampooer.......

Vehicle
    83 accord honda hatch

lol pownt
    id imagine hes under the carpet somewhere. find corpse and remove air freshener and open windows for a while should take caer of the smell. and a tarp under the car with the ends kinda tied /flipped up sould take car of the getting in problem. stop eating in cheetos in your car fatass lol jk

2ndGenGuy

I'm not fat... I'm big-boned.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    I'm not fat... I'm big-boned.

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Reminds me of the Rat that found a way into my mothers Mitsubishi through a tiny drain /tooling assembly hole under the rr 1/4... untill one day it got stuck, or the cat intercepted it half-way & it died hanging from the hole. Can't get more obvious to see than that !

Aren't the 2g frt seat mountings completely different to 1g... mounted on their side on the center tunnel & incorporating belt mountings... or am I thinking of 2.5g...

I'm regretting not going for a set of 1g Integra seats I saw in the right colour...& on the lookout for some more.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

lol strip your interior you should be able to find it and since its striped take the carpet to a local laundrymat {SP} and wash the carpet

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 79cord View Post
    Reminds me of the Rat that found a way into my mothers Mitsubishi through a tiny drain /tooling assembly hole under the rr 1/4... untill one day it got stuck, or the cat intercepted it half-way & it died hanging from the hole. Can't get more obvious to see than that !

Aren't the 2g frt seat mountings completely different to 1g... mounted on their side on the center tunnel & incorporating belt mountings... or am I thinking of 2.5g...

I'm regretting not going for a set of 1g Integra seats I saw in the right colour...& on the lookout for some more.
    The 1g and 2g seats are REALLY close. I'm going to drill out the holes in the mounts on one side by about 1/4 inch to the left, and then put a 1 inch spacer in the front. So basically the 2g seat rails are 1 inch longer and about 1/4 inch narrower. Should be the same for 2.0 and 2.5g.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Even mouse love 1geez

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    87' LX-i (hatchback)=Gone, EG8=Daily

If it smeels like road kill in there than its probobly dead, but when a mouse got into an old silverado that we had the smell from it wasnt death, it was something i can only describe as the smell of "rat shit" . We let it ventilate for a day or two and the smell did go away. I would say lay out some mouse poison but after it eats it, but it may end up crawling somewhere and dying bringing you back to square one so...
    No more 3G but that doesn't mean i cant look at yours...

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

that sucks big time, for a poison i would use de-con brand, what it does is dries the mouse out from the inside makeing it bone dry this wil eliminate the problem of the roting smell if it dies in the car and you cant find it. i would say try blocking all the holes with something he cant chew threw aswell to try and keep any new ones from getting in and most likely you will have to strip out some stuf to find any dead ones allready inside/clean the poo out, good luck

Vehicle
    gold 88 accord lx

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    that sucks big time, for a poison i would use de-con brand, what it does is dries the mouse out from the inside makeing it bone dry this wil eliminate the problem of the roting smell if it dies in the car and you cant find it.
    will this work on my neighbors? i dont feel like dismembering/disposing of parts!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Crx Dx Mini-Me

Toss a roach bomb in there with the windows up, don't get in it for like 3 days problem solved!
    Last edited by 3rdgenhatchDX; 08-27-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Edit: I'm totally joking...

Breaking news! What has an H in it!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

Time to get a cat.

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BITESIZE View Post
    Time to get a cat.
    If I do go with said "cat" method, should I leave the windows cracked on the car? Also, how long can he survive without food before he catches the mouse. And what do I do about hairballs? I don't want to stain the carpet.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    If I do go with said "cat" method, should I leave the windows cracked on the car? Also, how long can he survive without food before he catches the mouse. And what do I do about hairballs? I don't want to stain the carpet.
    Do you have Michael Vick's number? He might know about animal life spans right about now.

I had a problem in my Prelude and we just left the doors open and Mickey and his friend left on their own. Maybe put some food outside the car to lure out the mouse.

Please tell me you aren't going to lock a cat in there to find a mouse. Man, that's just cruel for a cat. Plus, if the cat has claws and gets agitated... you'll wish you only had a mouse in that interior!!

2ndGenGuy

hahaha! No way I would lock a poor cat in the car. Not to mention he'd claw up the upholstery! I'd like to encourage the mouse to just leave, but he keeps chewing a new hole in through the auto shifter linkage hole. I gotta figure out a better way to plug that up than masking tape! I think he's going in and out of the car on his own... I'd like to just find him and kick him out. Maybe I'll pull up the carpet before I mount the 2gee seats this weekend. There aren't that many places to hide!

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Just get a couple of snap traps and put them directly in front of the hole. I'd much rather have mice than the packrats here. When those bastards get in, say goodbye to your wiring. They also drag cactus, sticks, dead animals, dog shit, you name it and it will be in your engine bay. Leaving degreaser on the engine seems to keep the rats at bay for a month or two. They also don't like the smell of gas, when I replaced my leaky injectors they were in there within a week. We need a thread dedicated to eradicating these pricks. I got 42 of them one month, no joke, 42!
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    1989Accord/LXi

Will putting aluminum foil around the auto shifter linkage hole work? Have you ever chewed foil? It creates some sort of "electrical" result with your teeth and saliva. Mice and rats tend not to chew through it. Also, if the foil is prone to fall out, use that metallic silver furnace duct tape. Truly sticky! But yeah, other than that, kitty cat.

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Stock89LXi View Post
    Will putting aluminum foil around the auto shifter linkage hole work? Have you ever chewed foil? It creates some sort of "electrical" result with your teeth and saliva. Mice and rats tend not to chew through it. Also, if the foil is prone to fall out, use that metallic silver furnace duct tape. Truly sticky! But yeah, other than that, kitty cat.
    Oh good call with the tin foil. I will give that a shot. I'm pulling the carpet this weekend, so hopefully I can find him and kick him out. Then I'll tape up the holes with tinfoil. Or I'll fill that thing with epoxy. That should work since that car will never again be auto!

2ndGenGuy

This looks interesting. Good way to get him without letting him out. So long as I don't forget about the trap, I'll be able to release him out into the woods.

http://www.humanemousetrap.info/

Just set one of these up in the car, and block off the entrance to the car really well. Should be good to go!

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Don't block off his escape, they'll start trying to chew their way out. Did that in the 69' Lincoln, the little bastard chewed through half of the vacuum hoses in the dash, some wires and carpet under the seats. Place a snap trap right in front of the hole and another on the ground where you suspect he is climbing up. Don't even need to bait them.
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

2ndGenGuy

Re: The 1gee Mouse House (New Pics!)

FUCK. Check this shit out:

So the whole time the mice have been in my car, the back seat was folded down so that I could store parts in the hatch. Well, turns out the little bastards were making a nest in there. I figured it might have been cleanable if they didn't chew any holes in my perfect upholstery.

Well guess what. Of course they did. So I took out all the seats, all the plastic in the back of the car, and pulled all the carpet. The car fucking STUNK of mouse shit bad. I cleaned the whole back of the car out nice with Simple Green, and under the back seat (which is fucked and not going back in). They also decided to make 2 nests in the spare tire compartment as well, and pissed and shit all over in there. So there was just a nasty ass cake of shit everywhere in there.

So basically, I gutted and scrubbed the shit out of the whole car. Carpets are getting shampooed tomorrow, and in the house they will go. I'm not putting in any interior until the engine is done and the car is driving.

Here's the little bastards responsible. I've run into more critters with this car...

The good news is, my buddy was able to get them all out of the car. I stuck a big-ass fan in the hatch and left the front windows open. Hopefully that fan on high will get out the stink.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

fuck nasty shit. ha u got a foto of the mice even.....at least they r gone !

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

sucks about the seats

but yeah at leaset they are gone!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)