Thread: A20A3 to A20A1 swap , 1989 LX-i

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Thumbs up A20A3 to A20A1 swap , 1989 LX-i

I SWAPPED A BLOCK ( A20A1) AND PUT IT IN A 89 LXI CAR. THE A20A1 HAS A SENSOR ON THE REAR PART OF THE BLOCK CLOSE TO THE OIL FILTER THAT THE LXI WIRE HARNESS DOESNT HAVE A CONNECTION FOR. WHAT IS IT. I CANT FIND IT IN MY MANUAL AND MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AFTER RUNNING FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES. ANY HELP ? THANKS. GET AT ME MY PIC WILL BE UP SOON.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Re: A20a1 Carb Swap Into 98 Lxi

did u put the carb and everything or just the block
    Last edited by ghettogeddy; 08-28-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Just The Block

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

#10? Does it have 2 pins? That's the coolant temp (TW) sensor. If you use the thermostat housing from the A3, you can connect to its sensor (#9). Leave the other one in place, to plug the hole. Next time you get the light, slide the driver's seat forward and open the little door on the plastic box, under the seat. Count the number of blinks. There will be a pause in between codes, so check if there is more than one.
    Last edited by LX-incredible; 08-28-2007 at 11:48 PM.
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by LX-incredible View Post
    [img]http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/herson/jsp/catimgs/13se00_f03.gif[IMG]
    #10? Does it have 2 pins? That's the coolant temp (TW) sensor. If you use the thermostat housing from the A3, you can connect to its sensor. Leave the other one in place, to plug the hole. Next time you get the light, slide the driver's seat forward and open the little door on the plastic box, under the seat. Count the number of blinks. There will be a pause in between codes, so check if there is more than one.
    i told him the same thing on aim tonight but were is the chart for the codes

Vehicle

CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI
    thanks you guys. you helped me out alot

im goin out right now to count the beeps. and find out what the problem is. shoudl i use the coolant temp. switch on the a1 or on the a3 thermo housing.? its on the a3 thermo housgin right now. we will se what it the check engine lights comin on for first.

ok.. i ran the heck out of it. actually i dogged it out in first gear. and the damn check engine light wont come on. lol
    pisses me off. get at me on which thermo switch to use . il get pictures soon.thans for your guys help. im goin for accord of the month in a couple months. need to get on the body work this month.

Vehicle

The TW sensor on the A3 housing will be the easiest to connect to. If you use the A1 sensor (on the block?), you will need to cut and extend the wires to reach it. I just checked, the part numbers are different between the two sensors, so use the A3. Leave the other unconnected, in the block, to plug the hole
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Re: A20A3 to A20A1 swap , 1989 LX-i

okay.. lol. wow its almost been a year sence i really came to deal with this issue. This weekend i am goin to fix the problem to solve my check engine light issue and other engine issues that i still have.
    I was goin to go to get a wire harness and as many sensors as i can along with the ecu from a 89 lxi .
    i have questions
    It is beeping once which says that it is oxygen content on the table above. so does that mean my oxygen sensors are bad ?
    Another problem i would liKE to solve this weekend is that my temp gauge doesnt hardly ever work i have replaced the sensors on the thermostat housing and still when you start it up it goes to real high then kicks backdown to regular temp. after about 10 minutes of driving.
    The last problem i have is i have oil leaking allover my transmision for some reason im thinking its coming from my distributer becuase there is oil spots there? Is this a common problem or what what else could it be?
    I need to get these issues resolved. I want to do my yearly weekend on the honda this weekend. lol
    Any ways i hope to get alot of hits from you guys about this stuff.You guys have heped me out with alot so far threw my hondas phases i am for sure you guys will be there this time.