Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: SZfiftyfour's 2G Accord Restoration

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Re: Ccord's updates

Thanks man. I think it'll need a new rear clip to be totally straight though. looks like the strongest part of it is pinched making it really weak. But im not a body tech so i dont know.
    Enjoy your flight down, watch out for snakes.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

that sucks...i have a 2 way alarm so if anyone touches it...it lets me know...its good for about 2 city blocks....i love it cuz this one fag in a lifted chevy parked next to me and i guess taped my car and the alarm went off...it was funny cuz i looked out the window and he was trying to get out and leave fast.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Man people are dicks. After my fresh repaint, I would park way at the back of the lot, and some douchebag would always park right next to me when there were like 50 open spots.
    Agreed. Always happened to me and I hate it

This one time I waited for a friend on a parking lot, away from other cars and theres a bunch of empty space where its a lot closer to the building and guess what? This asshole came and park right next to me where I'm really sure there isn't much room for that fat faggot to get out from his car. Needless to say I get out from that space ASAP!

Ccord: I'm pretty sure that part could be pulled by a bodyshop and be as perfect like what it was. At least there isn't any serious damage.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

that sucks man
    i hate that ppl dont leave notes my car gets a new dent and scatch every time we go somewere and one time some bastard backed in to the front and and broke the bumper light and the fog light cover and bent the plate up and scatched the shit out of my bumper then another time i went to kmart came out and my marker light was hanging off the side of the car also one time after i replaced all my ruber door trim some bastard scrapes my door as backing out and riped the trim off and bent it out of shape

i would like to have 5 mins with a staple gun with thes ppl
    Last edited by Civic Accord Honda; 02-16-2008 at 08:40 AM.

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

I think everybody's got a few of those stories. It sucks balls man. I wish i still had my fiero gt. That thing was seriously bullet-proof. One day a friend was parked next to me and was horsing around with someone in the cab when he fell back into his door, which slammed it into my driver side door. I was like "foker!". Then i looked and there wasn't even a scratch. not even a scuff. Sh*t was solid, something like urethane/fiberglass mix.? i miss her dearly

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

That Sucks man!

Same shit happened to my LX
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Got around to marking a couple things off the list.

I stripped all the grody tint from the doors. Now i just need to get the quarters and back window done. Then i can get it in a tint place; i was thinking 50%, any suggestions?:

Converted a digital clock from 2nd gen prelude to replace my broken analog:
    Bracket = [prelude back piece] - [accord front piece]. The digital hardware fits right in the accord bracket and the plug is exactly the same just flip it upside down. I had to drill holes to gain access to the buttons which you really only need to set it. One day i'll make this look prettier.

Tucked in for the night:

2ndGenGuy

I've got an actual Accord digital clock if you want it. I actually converted to the oldskool analog clock myself. And I see more digital clocks than analog, and I can snag myself another some other time.

Good work on the tint removal though. I know that's a huge pain in the arse. Your interior looks like it's in great shape too. I actually really dig the color combination of your car!

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

I've got an actual Accord digital clock if you want it. I actually converted to the oldskool analog clock myself. And I see more digital clocks than analog, and I can snag myself another some other time.

Good work on the tint removal though. I know that's a huge pain in the arse. Your interior looks like it's in great shape too. I actually really dig the color combination of your car!
    Thanks,
    Yea i liked the analog too, but it was broken so i thought i'd try this. I might take you up on your offer though. I've never seen a 2g digital, got any pics? I'm going to a yard saturday to see if i can find another analog.
    The dash was in great shape, until i drilled holes in it to mount a 7"lcd/dvd player. Shortly after i was like, "you stupid idiot!" lol. Now the only way i can justify it, is to get a black box type sat nav to utilize the screen.
    What do you think about tint? Florida allows up to 28% fronts & 15% all rear but i was thinking 50% all around. I was wanting to leave it tint-less but in florida you almost need tint.

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

man ur car is clean <3

and as for tint i think 50% would look good

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Accord View Post
    man ur car is clean <3

and as for tint i think 50% would look good
    thanks mang

2ndGenGuy

I dunno what level of tint would be good. I do know that tint is a must, I imagine even more so in really sunny, hot climates. Saves on your interior and takes a load off the A/C. Been putting it off on my cars for a long time. Buddy of mine has some dark tints on his Civic, I think 40%. Seems like a good dark tint but not so dark you can't see... I assume the darker they are, the more protection it gives you.

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Buddy of mine has some dark tints on his Civic, I think 40%. Seems like a good dark tint but not so dark you can't see... .
    cool thanks man, thats what i'm looking for. something dark but not too dark.
    Like last time i visited my parents, i wouldnt drive their new car at night because the tint is so dark its like you have no peripheral vision. I hate that.

I've got an actual Accord digital clock if you want it.
    Does it light-up green or amber? $$$?

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Finally got an oil cap that doesn't leak(stant sucks by-the-way). So i cleaned up a little(very) and got some pics. I was bored pretty much.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Now clean the rest

Is that aftermarket oil cap?

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Now clean the rest

Is that aftermarket oil cap?
    I know. time for an engine bath.

OK im going to sound like a hypocrite but, its a stant. If you get a stant make sure it has flat rivets top-side. the ones with standard rivets (rolled edge) tend to leak.

Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

looks fresh and yeah def give the rest a bath

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Ya'll were right, it was one dirty mug. did a little more cleaning today.

Finally removed that heat shield. Manifold looks better anyway.

2ndGenGuy

Looks nice and clean man! I gotta say, your car was the inspiration for me painting the steelies black on my 81 hatch!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

That look a lot cleaner. I'd be worried about any fuel leaks dripping straight to teh exhaust manifold.

1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Looks nice and clean man! I gotta say, your car was the inspiration for me painting the steelies black on my 81 hatch!
    sweet, thanks. There's a guy around town with a silver 82/83 hatch with black steelies/chrome ring. It looks effin good, but i think i'll stick with my anthricite.
    side note: what did you use for the container on your 1g's pcv system? I'm trying to peice one together and was thinkin of using a gutted charcoal canister.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    That look a lot cleaner. I'd be worried about any fuel leaks dripping straight to teh exhaust manifold.
    Baboom! That would suck.
    Actually i was more worried about the evil vacuum blackbox. Im glad mine is gone, I've seen two 2.0g's with engine fires at junkyards, apparently from the box. One was mint, except the vac box was melted to shit.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

cant wait to see this car in person on the 30th meet (if your still down) and i will say after sitting in that mint 2g at junk yard it has kinda made me want a 2gee for a daily driver rofl

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    cant wait to see this car in person on the 30th meet (if your still down) and i will say after sitting in that mint 2g at junk yard it has kinda made me want a 2gee for a daily driver rofl
    I have to update the meet thread. I cant make the 30th they got me for a double. but sat 29th i can until 3:30.

2ndGenGuy

I used a can of mandarin oranges. I cut the top off with one of those can openers that cuts from the side. I then ate the delicious oranges, then silver-soldered the lid back on, soldered in the fittings (picked those up from home depot) and painted it. Works fantastic, but I am trying to think of what would work better to drain it out. Right now I disconnect both of the vacuum hoses and shake the goo out. I'm thinking of a little valve on the bottom and running a hose down along the inside of the fender and having it hang out like a draft tube. Then when I change the oil, put the drain pan underneath, and open the valve and let the goo drain into the pan with the dirty oil.

For something quick and cheap, pick up one of those air / water separators from NAPA or home depot. What's nice about those is you can unscrew the catch bottle off the bottom to empty them, and they're clear so you can see what's in them.

Vehicle
    '82 Accord DX Sdn

Haven't updated in awhile, nothing exciting to report though:
    Made the catch-can, but haven't installed it yet.
    Got the sumitomo's put on and it rides oh so smooth now. Sticks in the corners nicely as well.
    The alternator and water pump just went out at the same time. The water pump's bearings gave out, then as soon as i replaced the pump, the alt quit. I've got the alternator, i just need to get the voltage reg to do them both at the same time. Oh well, shit happens. The pump was 5yrs old, so i got my use out of it. The alt was probably much older. Maybe thats what killed my headlights.