Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New wheels ?!

DX User

Re: New wheels ?!

hi, i'm new here. i the 4x120 rims so hard to find now.so i think i should change the pcd and find new rim. but i have a question about changing the front part. in the diagram show disc and caliper from 4g. but hub from 2g. can i just use the 4g hub?

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

Quote Originally Posted by amirul View Post
    hi, i'm new here. i the 4x120 rims so hard to find now.so i think i should change the pcd and find new rim. but i have a question about changing the front part. in the diagram show disc and caliper from 4g. but hub from 2g. can i just use the 4g hub?
    My setup was:

1g Prelude hub
    1g Prelude disc (not ventilated)
    1g Prelude caliper

Perfect fit but i still want some ventilated discs, does'nt mean i race the car but just to improve. In fact the car is parked since 2005
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Where are you from? I believe I've seen your name someplace before. If you're local you are more than welcomed to buy mine :p They're0 4x120 Enkei 14"s like the one in my sig.
    Last edited by Hazwan; 07-03-2011 at 07:09 PM.

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

2g Civic & '79-80 Prelude share the same outer driveshaft splines & wheel bearings as the Accord. Don't know about 4g Civic parts but assume both would be larger... but may still be possible.

2g prelude wheelbearings with larger inner diameters should still fit in the Accord hub carriers. The '81-2 Prelude also had sightly larger diameter outer driveshaft splines if that matched the 4g Civic . in a length to suit the Acccord.

Late 2g accord vented discs & calipers fit 1g Prelude don't they 1gcustom?

Vehicle
    1st gen Accord , 1980

That was easy to say when preludes are all over the place there...
    Here, almost impossible to find prelude. and really impossible to find its spare part..
    any other option? I am tired of searching 4X120 rims also..

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 79cord View Post
    Also spotted a JDM B20 2nd gen Prelude there. Never even seen one before & obviously rare here too
    Holy crap you should definitely get it if you can. Even if you never use it you WILL find a buyer for it...at least I'd get the motor, hood and computer. I own a second gen Lude and it's the only direct swap that's available. I've searched and lusted over a b20a for a while. That engine is a hot commodity (and a rarity) in the right circles. Plus, even if you just use it yourself for a crazy project it's a great engine. It may come from the "pre-vtec" days and "only" have 160 HP, but those engines are NICE AND TORQUEY and you don't have to wait till it hits 7 grand to feel it in the seat of your pants!

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

Late 2g accord vented discs & calipers fit 1g Prelude don't they 1gcustom?
    I dont know cause i just used the Lude discs and calipers -not vented 1g-. If i ever swap to vented, i will try to use the 4g Civic ones, but to do that i may need to do some custom work tough.
    Rear discs are also interesting.
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Where are you from? I believe I've seen your name someplace before. If you're local you are more than welcomed to buy mine :p They're0 4x120 Enkei 14"s like the one in my sig.
    yes.iam from 'pahang'.really appreciate your offer but i hope to use bigger rim maybe 15" or 16". but if i change my mind, i'll tell you later and if you have any other extra part like usdm tail light maybe, just offer it to me.

Vehicle
    1st gen Accord , 1980

yes.iam from 'pahang'.really appreciate your offer but i hope to use bigger rim maybe 15" or 16". but if i change my mind, i'll tell you later and if you have any other extra part like usdm tail light maybe, just offer it to me.
    USDM taillights? I want it too

Vehicle

Regarding 2g Prelude B20A; sadly I didn't have much chance to investigate that option, spotting it days before I was due to fly to Germany for some work, & car was gone when I returned. But the financials of it were not looking good with the costs of buying all the required bits from the wrecker. I'd love a B20 even though I wouldn't expect 160hp from a standard JDM example given the output of the 3g Prelude B20, (& I wonder at its extra long stroke given the CRV B20 was bored rather than stroked from the later B18) I wouldn't get carried away wanting Vtec again either, also having an '89 CR-X SiR B16a... whose torque & gearing are sadly miss-matched with the (fully optioned) weight of the car.
    Eventually I bought a complete & running 2g integra with B18 non-vtec (130hp? ) for half the likely cost.

A little more info researched on wheel bearing sizes for alternative hubs{ I could be wrong}... (with no idea of driveshaft splines/diameters to fit or if those CV-joint ends could be fitted 1g Accord shafts)

1g Accord, early Prelude, Quintet, 1g & 2g Civic wheelbearings
    Width : 34 mm (or 2x17mm)
    Outer Diameter : 72 mm (hub carrier/knuckle)
    Inner Diameter : 35 mm (hub)

2g Accord (non SEi), early 1g Prelude, 2g Prelude 1.8l
    Width : 34 mm
    Outer Diameter : 72 mm
    Inner Diameter : 35 mm

2g Accord SEi, 2g Prelude 2.0l
    Inner Diameter : 38 mm

3g/4g Civic, 1g Integra
    Width : 40 mm

Not sure how well the hubs would fit when intended for 40mm wide bearings compared to the old Accords 34mm.

Dredging older comments in this thread I might as well toss in a picture the wood-grain painted 1g Civic wheel, though I gave it its own thread somewhere too.

And the Accord is currently back on the old Integra/Rover wheels after the (heavy) 15" "HOLOTYPE -R" tyres wore out & were punctured visiting wreckers...
    Last edited by 79cord; 05-13-2015 at 02:12 AM.

DX User

is it possible to change 4x120 to 4x114.3 pcd because it would be much more easier to find retro rim with great offset.

Vehicle
    1st gen Accord , 1980

Cool Re: New wheels ?!

Regarding 2g Prelude B20A; sadly I didn't have much chance to investigate that option, spotting it days before I was due to fly to Germany for some work, & car was gone when I returned. But the financials of it were not looking good with the costs of buying all the required bits from the wrecker. I'd love a B20 even though I wouldn't expect 160hp from a standard JDM example given the output of the 3g Prelude B20, (& I wonder at its extra long stroke given the CRV B20 was bored rather than stroked from the later B18) I wouldn't get carried away wanting Vtec again either, also having an '89 CR-X SiR B16a... whose torque & gearing are sadly miss-matched with the (fully optioned) weight of the car.
    Eventually I bought a complete & running 2g integra with B18 non-vtec (130hp? ) for half the likely cost.

A little more info researched on wheel bearing sizes for alternative hubs{ I could be wrong}... (with no idea of driveshaft splines/diameters to fit or if those CV-joint ends could be fitted 1g Accord shafts)

1g Accord, early Prelude, Quintet, 1g & 2g Civic wheelbearings
    Width : 34 mm (or 2x17mm)
    Outer Diameter : 72 mm (hub carrier/knuckle)
    Inner Diameter : 35 mm (hub)

2g Accord (non SEi), early 1g Prelude, 2g Prelude 1.8l
    Inner Diameter : 35 mm

2g Accord SEi, 2g Prelude 2.0l

3g/4g Civic, 1g Integra
    Width : 40 mm

Not sure how well the hubs would fit when intended for 40mm wide bearings compared to the old Accords 34mm.

Dredging older comments in this thread I might as well toss in a picture the wood-grain painted 1g Civic wheel, though I gave it its own thread somewhere too.

And the Accord is currently back on the old Integra/Rover wheels after the (heavy) 15" "HOLOTYPE -R" tyres wore out & were punctured visiting wreckers...
    that is a super lovely steering wheel.......

DX User

wheels looking good

Vehicle

Remember these:

I FINALLY managed to get a complete set! I spotted them at a swap meeting... so $100 later...

They do need a repaint though having been Silver, Red, & this darker grey metallic.
    I love the idea of the current colour but it does leave them looking a little lost after the brighter silver of most of the other wheels the car has worn.

Tyres on them probably aren't all that great to judge from the amount of lift-off oversteer I felt in a city center intersection last week (had been accelerating hard before I backed off.)

I must admit the search for these caused me to buy a number of other Ebay "bargains" such as early Mazda MX-5/Miata 'sunflower' and MX-3 5-spoke wheels, 1g Prelude, 3g Prelude, 2g Integra, 2g CRX factory alloy wheels. Have I developed a problem..

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Moar LOW and moar PICS!

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

They look good!

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Yeah man those look great! They are a good color to go with your paint job too. I need to do the 4x100 conversion NAO! Though I did just pick up a set of the factory Enkei alloys that I'm itching to install.

Vehicle
    1978 Accord CVCC

dude! what color is that?
    <Dayne>
    1985 Monte Carlo SS 350 4.10s
    1984 F-150 4.9 Stock
    1993 Civic Coupe JDM B16A1 Type R internals
    1982 GT Mustang 5.0 3.73 gears
    1980 Mustang Notchback 5.0 MONSTER
    1993 Civic SI D16Z6 stock
    1991 Camaro RS 3.1
    1978 Honda Accord CVCC 1.6

Vehicle

Well I FINALLY got around to painting & fitting the Mugen RNR wheels I've had for several years now, from an Ebay bargain/gamble upon a damaged set from a seller who didn't know what they were & only had them for their tyres, the black one had to be bought & brought from Japan by a friend to replace a cracked wheel & complete the set.

So here's some pictures of the Accord with 15"x6.5" Mugen RNR wheels (38mm offset) & fitted with the slightly dubious cut frt springs from my green '78 Accord project having 4 3/4 coils instead of 5 1/2 of other springs I have.

I think they lowered the frt 40mm. Also had to repaint the brakes as a result, and it was due for it's timing belt as well. Bonnet needs attention next for rust about its hinges. Recent Accord badge added to rear window.

195/50R15 tyres fitted are probably about the limit without touching the wheelarches; with tyres of two different brands I had to swap them frt/rear as one set touched the rear arches when suspension was compressed with one wheel on kerb.
    Mugen center caps mountings foul with current rear bearing caps as well so I still haven't resolved that yet.
    Last edited by 79cord; 05-13-2015 at 02:38 AM.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

That is a tasty car! Those rims make it. Very tasteful mods.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    79 Accord 1.8L CVCC 5-Speed

Your springs still seem really tall. I took one coil out of mine all around and the top of the rear tires are just about even with the rear fender. I also have Koni oranges on it at full stiffness and it can be a bit of a tooth rattler on uneven pavement. It rides like a skateboard on the freeway. Here's a picture.

Last edited by PDXAccord79; 05-28-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Vehicle

I've bought some of the Koni inserts, though yet to gut a strut to fit them into & haven't got around to cutting springs yet either, but I figured I might as well fit the front ones from my green project (already cut), to show off. Rear are still original so it has a bit of rake.
    Very glad to have it sitting at a better looking height now, though agree yours does still look slightly lower.

Wonder how much extra weight the USA spec. bumper reinforcements & struts add to the weight of the car. My '79 factory w/shop manual suggests 930kg/2051lb for Australian, Canadian & general export 3dr, already 25kg heavier than the 905kg/1996lb European spec. models without side-intrusion bars in the doors (one reason they shut so solidly!).

Yours makes me regret the fact that we didn't even get the variety of steel wheels US & Japanese Accords had over the years.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1983 accord

Hi guys. I'm a member and having problems. I have a77 accord with cool rims. I want to change over to my 1983 accord. The bolt pattern does not line up. What do I need to make it fit? Any help is appreciated. Thxs

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i believe you need 4x120 bolt pattern.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned