Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for 5-6 psi for my DD

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord SE-i A20 Auto/94 Subaru Legacy EG33 (swap) 5-speed FWD

Re: Looking for 5-6 psi for my DD

uhhhh I think I'm going to have to be ok with it being N/A sounds like to much work and money for me right now. I spent a pretty penny and hundreds of hours getting my Subaru on the road so... I guess this car project is going to have to wait....

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

if your going N/A read the performance thread. TONS of good info in in there.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    ....how to people talk me into these projects..

How much do you think I could get my hands on a manual tranny for my car???

If it's less then a grand I'll consider...

Damn you guys!!!!!
    ~Jedz
    I did the swap and used a brand new flywheel, clutch, cable and it cost $500 for everything, and it only takes a day if you know what your doing. And i hate to tell you but even if you go N/A if you plan on doing anything more then a I/H/E then you will probably need a tranny swap anyway.
    Last edited by LiTtLe xOx BitT; 09-12-2007 at 11:16 AM.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

it cost me under 400 to swap to 5 speed and never regretted it. I smoked the auto on the stock engine so i wouldnt think it would hold up that well to boost. To make a turbo install worth it you need to boost at least 8-9psi boost, there is a big jump in power for some reason from 5psi to 9psi, the difference is like night and day. And with a conservative tune the engine should be fine either way. For a budget yet not halfass system on a stock engined car i would say a BTM and safc will work satisfactorily but you need the 450cc injectors. On top of that, a good front mount intercooler, 2.5" charge piping, couplers, turbo manifold (even if its a log manifold) and id reccomend at least a 2.5" exhaust, anything less and youll choke the engine a lil, an ebay blow off valve, and T3 60/63 turbo will give you a good top end without being really laggy. Plus they are relatively cheap and easy to get. You need to change to colder spark plugs also, I used NGK BPR7ES and they worked god. And yes, the stainless braided oil lines are a good investment too. Also, i would tune this with a wideband o2 sensor or borrow one. I ran with no 02 sensors on the stock ecu with the msd box and a safc and rarely got a check engine light. Also, i would leave the egr valve but plug it off. oh yeah, the ecus from 5 speed accords are the same as auto accords, dont worry about changing it
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

The ECUs are slightly different. The auto controls an extra air bleed solenoid and has an input from the shift selector switch.
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

yea but for what we are doing it will make no difference whatsoever. At least imo
    429whp 362wtq A20 TURBO. A20T>*

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    it cost me under 400 to swap to 5 speed and never regretted it. I smoked the auto on the stock engine so i wouldnt think it would hold up that well to boost. To make a turbo install worth it you need to boost at least 8-9psi boost, there is a big jump in power for some reason from 5psi to 9psi, the difference is like night and day. And with a conservative tune the engine should be fine either way. For a budget yet not halfass system on a stock engined car i would say a BTM and safc will work satisfactorily but you need the 450cc injectors. On top of that, a good front mount intercooler, 2.5" charge piping, couplers, turbo manifold (even if its a log manifold) and id reccomend at least a 2.5" exhaust, anything less and youll choke the engine a lil, an ebay blow off valve, and T3 60/63 turbo will give you a good top end without being really laggy. Plus they are relatively cheap and easy to get. You need to change to colder spark plugs also, I used NGK BPR7ES and they worked god. And yes, the stainless braided oil lines are a good investment too. Also, i would tune this with a wideband o2 sensor or borrow one. I ran with no 02 sensors on the stock ecu with the msd box and a safc and rarely got a check engine light. Also, i would leave the egr valve but plug it off. oh yeah, the ecus from 5 speed accords are the same as auto accords, dont worry about changing it
    ^^^^agreed^^^^
    although i used a t3 from a thunderbird and stock injector's and still ran a 14.2 at altitude.
    when you tune with a wideband you want to stay at 12.5:1.
    i would like to add normally an auto ecu runs the fuel table alittle more agressive than the manual.