Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: moving battery ideas on the hatch .

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: moving battery ideas on the hatch .

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    yeah, oops, I think I posted the wrong amperage.. yes you would need at least a 200-250 for starter draw. That reminded me of a fellow worker who installed one on a bumper jumper , needless to say every time he attempted to jump off somebody it tripped... we just wire them streight albiet it is dangerous in a collision.
    I was thinking of an alternative to maxi fuse, what is the largest available? I think I have seen up to 60 on oem domestic applications. That would not be big enough for starter draw. I dunno, what is the spec for these starters, they dont really take as much as a big USDM boat anchor do they?
    you can buy the little fuse mega fuse up to 250 amps,and the specific holder with cover to fit it. I haven't been able to find a local dealer for it yet but they are made. they carry the smaller ones at autozone but you need to find a dealer to get the really big ones.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: moving battery ideas on the hatch .

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    you can buy the little fuse mega fuse up to 250 amps,and the specific holder with cover to fit it. I haven't been able to find a local dealer for it yet but they are made. they carry the smaller ones at autozone but you need to find a dealer to get the really big ones.
    Hey if you find a good distributor for those please post it or something.. I have been looking hard for some out of the oridnary stuff, in particular some of those heavy battery terminals with places you can add wire. I think it was Wohdog that had some in a picture, I have to look, but I have not been able to find those anywhere, all I ever see is the too fancy stuff for audio/show cars. Right now I am stuck with using marine type lead term and add ring terminals to any wire and stack them.. ewww
    These are the terminals I am lookng for, I think they are lead too.
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 10-06-2007 at 04:56 PM.