Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project H22a1 swap

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

Re: Project H22a1 swap

started bolting stuff on the h22 today, alt and ps pump, misc brackets. don't really see where the denting of the frame rails in the 3g come in since the alternator sits on the front of the engine and using a 4g accord under pulley and no ac so its kinda shallow.

with the mounts i'm going to use i should be able to set it up like the b18 doesn't look like i have to make any serious modifications to the car. could be very wrong on that actually. guess i really wont know till the engines in the car.

this weekend it looks like its gonna be it, still have no injectors or ecu... this looks like its going to be bastardized.

going to attempt it to start it with a obd1 b18 ecu, Field VTEC/AFC, f22 injectors w/msd 85psi fuel pump. hahaha if it runs i will definitely get some pics

on another note. i'm also fixing a 90 teg gs for ma. at first it looked like a head gasket. but after getting the head off.. there is a big fucking hole in the front of the block with #2 rod still sticking out. i will get some pics of that.. looks pretty impressive actually.

oh and the head gasket was fine... guess the kid wasnt bs'n me when he siad he ran it out of oil.

want to know how tough these b18a1's are.... it almost would still almost idle before i took it apart.
    Last edited by Vector; 10-16-2007 at 09:09 PM.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1986 LX-i hatchback (for sale!) / 1992 LX sedan / 2009 Fit (the beater) / 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

The F22 injectors might get it to start, but be very careful. The H22 uses 345cc injectors, the F22 uses 240cc... quite a difference.

As for the ECU... is it modified, or stock? If you can get ahold of a modified P28 ECU, I can send you a decent H22 map for it. I'd be wary of running smaller injectors AND the B18 ECU. The 4G Accord ECU does work, and would probably be a little better (they can be found quite cheap, at least around here!)

-Mike- AIM = deevergote
    www.cb7tuner.com
    www.cd5tuner.com

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

yea, i will have to goto wreckin yard for an ecu... maybe i will find a couple 4g ecu's hopefully obd 1

i wasnt planning on driving it yet.. not until i get a new clutch/flywheel exhaust... just wanted to see if it will run...

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX-RWD

this projects been put on hold... options came up and i'm looking into them for the 3g. i will show you what my other option is....

other option