Thread: 1989 honda accord carb

DX User

1989 honda accord carb

hi im deciding wether i should keep my accord, i mean its been a pretty good car to me. i bought it from a used car salesman who completly ripped me off, i just thought it was a great car cause it had 54k on it. well i had to get about 2000 buck worth of work done on it this year inlcding new exaust, brakes rotors, head lights, back light, um i think a head gasket, 2 new front tires, and front and rear axles. now the car needs new timing belt water pump ect, the ac doesent work and my window motor feels like working when it want to, and the idle is so weird, when i start it in the morning it sounds like im reving the engine when im not, its idles over the 3 and wont go down until i put it in reverse and it makes a huge jerk, why does it idle so high? where does the huge jerk come from, o and my car jerks in between changing gears, and can never seem to find a comfortable gear what is that from? amd my gas mileage is 18/22 i would expect better from a 99 hp car im a poor college student and i have had my car up for sale for a month cause i want to save for newer car, but now i miss my car, is it worth keeping the honda until i can save up for another car, my car never broke down on me and i know it can last atleast another 10 years but is it worth it for me to keep it with all the weird problems and the work that needs to be done?

DX User

Re: 1989 honda accord carb

If you love the car, keep it. If you don't love the car, find someone who does. But please don't sell it to someone who's just going to trash it. I think I speak for everyone here when I say "We'd all like to see a 3gee go to a good home."

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Re: 1989 honda accord carb

Quote Originally Posted by prototype View Post
    If you love the car, keep it. If you don't love the car, find someone who does. But please don't sell it to someone who's just going to trash it. I think I speak for everyone here when I say "We'd all like to see a 3gee go to a good home."

yup...my mom bought the 88dx brand new...it would be hard to get rid of it even tho it gives me alot of problems. one of the bushings or ball joints just gave up on it. so i need to put it on jack stands and find out why.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned