Thread: New swap idea

Vehicle
    N/A for the public eyes;)

New swap idea

Ok now, I see everyone talking about the B16A motor, but i really want to swap a B16B motor into my car for the simple fact that just a stock superchargered motor call pull 304hp out of it. My question is how hard whould this be. Money is not an issue so i have no problem buying it & all the components. My problem is, i dont know if it will work in the 3rd gen. But if anybodys got helpful info then let me know.
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    i am not sure how much B16B cost but i assume it is more expensive than b16
    B16B has a little higher compressio, 10.8:1 vs 10.4:1 on B16A
    the supercharger, i am guessing you are talking about Vortech, should bolt on, it is the same block. so i am guessing the brakets should bolt on without anyproblem.
    as long you have money, it should be OK.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    Yes im talking about Vortech, thanks for the info man
    Plans have changed....The car is gone & im on to a new project....Nissan Maxima & 240sx/S13 Silvia....But the modders of the 3rd Gens still have my props. Not to many other cars take tha drive to do like a 3rd Gen

Vehicle
    2010 Genesis Coupe; 1996 240SX
    I seriously doubt that you can increase the B16s output to 300 hp by just bolting on a supercharger. With such a high CR on that engine, you're going to need to upgrade a lot of the internals before you're looking at that figure.

Pics of the '89 Accord Coupe: link

Vehicle
    01 Civic lx auto; 03 Accord EX
    DarknessRS,
    look here man, and tell me it is not possible.
    http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...9-00civic.html
    with just a little more boost it can do it.
    Alex.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX
    The B16B is a waste of money.

1- too expensive
    2- too expensive

and 3

too expensive

You can get the SAAAAME amount of power from a B16A, a LS/VTEC swap or a B20A.

Just not worth the money.

Now, if money is not an issue, I will buy a B16A for you, make it to the same amount of power and take the rest of the money to get drunk as hell for the next 2 years.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    85 accord (2x DCOE) 88 Nova (4AGZE + msII) 98 Jetta TDI
    If you want to make those kind of numbers go for a turbo not a blower. You're going to be loosing alot of hp off the crank to spin the blower fast enough to make the required boost. And you'll never get the stock internals to hold up to that. Well, maybe with a big intercooler, alcohol injection, and a fuckton of luck.

andy

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250
    I was thinking of the Vortec supercharger before but i know for one you will probably have to loose the power steering because it is bolted up where part of the supercharger would. The rest would have to be checked up close but that is one nice supercharger. I myself like turbos so that will be my route if and when i can afford it because i want to do it right the first time which is expensive....

Vehicle
    Originally posted by shepherd79
    DarknessRS,
    Ok first of all, the 1.6L out of the 99-00 Si Coupe is the B16A2, not the B16B (JDM CTR). Second, you never mentioned that it came with an intercooler. Third, most turbo systems for the B series are usually modified before they run boost pressures of up to 8-9 PSI.

Remember, there have been IRON block A20s that have blown up from boosting 8-9 PSI. The B16A is aluminum, and has a higher compression ratio. Sure you could boost that engine up to 300 hp, but it wouldn't last that long.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    DarknessRS: He's talking about the Civic Type R engine, it is do-able.

Seriously though those things cost mad cheese... like 4 grand or something. If you're going to drop that much on an engine get a Teg R or CR-VTEC or something. Sure, the CTR engine is a haul-ass FOR A CIVIC but definitely not the most preferable dollar to power ratio for that price range.
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    Yea, I know the swap is do-able, I was just confused because he mentioned 300hp out of a stock B16B with just a supercharger, which seems very risky to me.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Hatch Back
    Originally posted by shepherd79
    DarknessRS,
    OK, I really don't want to say this, but I must. Hey dumb ass, follow the lines, see how they curve downward on the graph?? Thats about 260 buddy. Reinforce the cylinders, the head and the piston setup and get an AEM fuel rail with a NOS wet and you'll see 320+, but.... Oh yeah, you said money wasn't a problem, ok, copy me.
    Car: 1986 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback.
    Heart: A20A @ 9_ hp?
    Mods: Partially removed front and rear bumper. Keyed with large dent along passenger side. Dimpled hood with encrusted bird droppings for added effect. Locked right emergency break (Recently "fixed").

http://www.belineperspectives.com : another perspective

Vehicle
    Ok ive made my decision, im going with the CRV motor & im gonna throw a VTEC head on it

Vehicle
    hmmm, wher'd you get that idea? I've only got to have two gueses... But thats still a chill idea, deifinatly, go for it, about how manny does a crx give with out the vtec?
    Mods: Partially removed front and rear bumper. Keyed with large dent along passenger side. Dimpled hood with encrusted bird droppings for added effect. Locked right emergency break (Recently "fixed").

Vehicle
    99+ Honda CR-V B20Z motor (9.6:1/146hp @ 6200/133lb-ft @ 4500)-Heres my question people, does anybody know where the best place to get the motor from?

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '85 lude
    just shop around junkyards.

and jason of clubsi is pushing 330hp and 214lbs to the wheels at 13psi. but vortech is basically a turbo. you wont get numbers like that for the jackson.

Vehicle
    vortechs are awsome, I really want one, but I am wondering which would be better, vortech or a turbo....

Vehicle
    Thats a good question, what is better a Vortech supercharger w/ a powercooler or a Turbo?

Vehicle

good question...

well.... true.... but price wise?