Thread: DX Audio question....

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

Question DX Audio question....

I just bought a DX hatch and I want to put a CD player in it. What I noticed about it is that i can take the key out and still have the radio on. the radio doesnt turn off when the car is off. Can this be fixed by simply doing something different during installation? Thanks
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    see user name

Talking

Yes, very simple solution. Head units usually have two 12 volt inputs. One is a constant 12v and one is accessory 12v. Constant 12v is for stuff like memory and clock. Accessory 12v is so the unit only turns on when the car is on. Some how your head units accessory 12 must be connect to the constant 12 thus causing your unit to be on at all times. Just find the correct wire that is 12v when car is on and 0 when off. then connect that to the accessory 12 on the unit and you should be fine.
    Hope this helps
    later,
    89 Lx-i
    Performance: K&N filter,custom CAI, Accel coil, MSD 6aL ignition, magnecor wires, high flow injectors, FPR, sport exhaust,Tokico springs/struts
    Appearance: white gauges, side markers, headlight conversion, clear bumper signal/fog light conversion, SE-i center armrest and cupholder, SE-i leather seats
    17" ADRs with 205/40/17 khumos
    future plans: 16" or 17" rims(can scratch that one off the list 9-12-02), headers-high flow cat.-cat back piping. Rear disc brakes from SE-i, reground cam.