Thread: 1/4 mile run

SEi User

1/4 mile run

Finally got the Video up sorry it's upside down but hey you can twist your heads!! hehe! lol!

This is recent and with the current build with the huge intake looking at maybe trying out the new short ally one we can now get and also having custom header and exhaust made with 2.5" collector and system so will be updating in a month or so when thats done! be interesting before and after!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=54836333

Enjoy i certainly did ;O)

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

Re: 1/4 mile run

sounds good. did u get a time?

SEi User

Nothing special weather was too cold wasn't getting any grip on the tyres think is was about 14.7 have yet to beat my 14.5 from 4 years ago but hopefully when i get the new exhaust done should be quicker and get some tyres that are super sticky for drag racing in too!

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

damn in a 1/4 son of a bitch bro..nice...

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Very nice! Engine sounds great! I ran a timer through the video, definitely around 14.7 as close as I could get with a stopwatch. This is with the dual-Weber powered A20, right? Or is it your ET bored out to 2 liters?

SEi User

Cheeky don't you believe me!lol if the weather wasn't like 5 degrees at the time would have been much better tarmac was way too slippery had to be real ginger with the throttle in first!
    Yeah this is the A20 the 14.5 was with the ET1 bored out to 2.0l with super short manifold but that had much higher CR ratio and stock valves the A20 has super low CR and huge valves! But the block is getting tired now after about 20ish thousand miles registering about 160-165 on all 4 cylinders when cold which isn't great. Although if i try a thicker oil may bring this back up a bit! Main issue i think is piston slap too much clearance and engine not getting hot enough, but the engine is producing so much force on the water pump that if i use a thermostat it rips it and the seal to pieces!! So have to run without! other alternative is to run a heat controlled electric pump which would also free up a few bhp from nut running a belt for the pump and also have much better control over temps and stuff. Looking into it but off course more money and weight!! lol!!
    But when i get this new exhaust should really fly and also have to start work on a new engine soon as I don't think this one will last too much longer but we'll see I'll keep driving it till it pops! Have plenty of A20 spares so not so much of an issue! If i run out could allways try and drop in a B20A hehe but would probably go back to ET1 as that was such a good head!
    Well anyways going forward lots to do and work out as usual and i really need to upgrade that ignition and also get some new carbs either bike ones or another set of webers. I'm fancying bike carbs though as cheaper and better and would be easy to fit onto my existing manifolds if i chop the weber flanges off, I'd probably stick the webers on the B20A though!

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

thanks for sharing those videos, they are inspiring!

Vehicle
    '89 LXi Coupe

A20 powa!!!
    -Harvey

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by rjudgey View Post
    Cheeky don't you believe me!lol if the weather wasn't like 5 degrees at the time would have been much better tarmac was way too slippery had to be real ginger with the throttle in first!
    Yeah this is the A20 the 14.5 was with the ET1 bored out to 2.0l with super short manifold but that had much higher CR ratio and stock valves the A20 has super low CR and huge valves! But the block is getting tired now after about 20ish thousand miles registering about 160-165 on all 4 cylinders when cold which isn't great. Although if i try a thicker oil may bring this back up a bit! Main issue i think is piston slap too much clearance and engine not getting hot enough, but the engine is producing so much force on the water pump that if i use a thermostat it rips it and the seal to pieces!! So have to run without! other alternative is to run a heat controlled electric pump which would also free up a few bhp from nut running a belt for the pump and also have much better control over temps and stuff. Looking into it but off course more money and weight!! lol!!
    But when i get this new exhaust should really fly and also have to start work on a new engine soon as I don't think this one will last too much longer but we'll see I'll keep driving it till it pops! Have plenty of A20 spares so not so much of an issue! If i run out could allways try and drop in a B20A hehe but would probably go back to ET1 as that was such a good head!
    Well anyways going forward lots to do and work out as usual and i really need to upgrade that ignition and also get some new carbs either bike ones or another set of webers. I'm fancying bike carbs though as cheaper and better and would be easy to fit onto my existing manifolds if i chop the weber flanges off, I'd probably stick the webers on the B20A though!
    Of course I believe you, I've seen the videos of your Prelude at 150mph, seemed like it could have kept going too. Probably the fastest I've seen just about any Honda. On your closed, private track of course

Just curious, why do you think that Bike Carbs are better? I'll be running a set on my B20A myself, so being that you're a guy with Weber experience, they always seemed like the holy grail of carbs...

Also, what muffler do you run on your car? I know that most of the glorious sounds your car makes is from the intake, but it sounds damn good from the back in the videos I've seen.
    Last edited by 2ndGenGuy; 03-29-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Sounds like sex!

How the hell you managed to get the camera upside down lol

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Sounds like sex!
    I'm not sure, but I think you might be doing it wrong.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think you might be doing it wrong.
    I just realized how weird my post sounded like

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

impressive!! good job representing the A20
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Hazwan View Post
    Sounds better then sex!
    fixed!

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

SEi User

The camera mount is a sucker type that sticks to the windshield and due to the angle and shape of the digi camera only way is upside down lol! You can get software that can turn it the other way, i just tell the computer screen to rotate 180 degrees! hehe!

Seriously though the exhaust is a pile of shite! lol! Didn't know better at the time when i had it made 10 years ago but it's stainless steel and didn't break every 5k miles so was happy! It's just the downpipe narrows down to a 2" joint which severly bottlenecks the engine then the 2.25" piping is crush bent so on 3 bends it narrows down badly to 2" or less!! Also this power is still coming from a stock cast header thats just ported and flowed, and a really crappy made downpipe. So having a new custom header with 2.5" collector and matching system with race silencers middle and back but in UK don't need CAT which is a major result! Only cars from 91 on have to have a CAT fitted.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i need to track my car...but your engine sounds good.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

SEi User

thanks i love it still puts a big grin on my face even though my daily driver is a new 1 series with 300lbft of torque! Just such a sleeper coz it's so old and has race seats and stickers people just think said Asian guy pretending to be a racer! Hmmmm wrong suckers! It is and I am!! lol!!
    Can't wait to get this thing knocking on the door of 240bhp going to be insane especially as it will be revving to around 8.5-9k rpm!! Have to really beef up the next engine with some quality kit! But exhaust first if that ain't perfect will never get over 200bhp let alone 240bhp! Hoping for more but we'll see! Going to be getting close to 200bhp maybe just over with the exhaust and header I'm having made and all that from a CR ratio of about 8.5:1!!! So get that upto around 11:1 and a cam thats got more lift and duration should be easy! lol!

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

im also going to finish building up the openloop engine....i want to get it tuned for more hp

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    a pile of lawn ornaments

inspiring. what cam are you running on that now? Are those the 45's with the 43mm venturi's you had cut? Is this the head with the 37.5mm E valves, and 33mm I valves? Has that head ever been put on a flow bench to see just how much you've opened it up? Are you running the A18 exhaust springs on all 12 valves in there?

...sooo many questions, sooo much for me to learn. ...soo much fun to have driving my car once I get this damn thing going.
    -Mark D.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe 91 LX coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    im also going to finish building up the openloop engine....i want to get it tuned for more hp
    I thought you were going with the B20?!?

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothermike View Post
    I thought you were going with the B20?!?

yeah b20...but tune the a20 for my sedan...got to get headers intalled

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    88 LX-i coupe 91 LX coupe

I still got the DCs buddy!!

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Sick!
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothermike View Post
    I still got the DCs buddy!!
    yeah its too fast of a car with stock parts.....tires are shit...going to buy some this weekend...almost drifted off the road going like 35 in a turn

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Thats sounds really nice . Nice run.. I thought you were warming up there tires at first. Then you kept goin..lol Woulda ran alot better than 14.7 with a better jump off the line.