Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: 87roach's 1987 S Hatch Build

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Re: 87roach's 1987 S Hatch Build

This is awesome man! I`m glad to see your hatch up and running and back on the road. I haven`t visited the forum in ages it seems, should come by more often haha.
    Have you guys had much snow this winter? Everyone is bringing their summer toys out lately as we have basically no snow left on the ground.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

yes! glad there was one turbo accord still running around once mine went down. glad you(and the car) are doing good. Hopefully I can get mine back on the road and we can have the only 2 daily turbo 3rd gens for a while haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Whoa Hash! Hey.

Yea we have had quite a bit of snow this year, but now spring is in full swing, finally!

The hatch is currently uninsured since I am in-between jobs but I hope to insure it in the next few weeks and get those gaskets and oil change sorted out.. I should also probably go through and re-tighten some nuts and bolts too. I'll have to actually take some pics when I go to do that this time!
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Quote Originally Posted by 87roach View Post
    Whoa Hash! Hey.

Yea we have had quite a bit of snow this year, but now spring is in full swing, finally!

The hatch is currently uninsured since I am in-between jobs but I hope to insure it in the next few weeks and get those gaskets and oil change sorted out.. I should also probably go through and re-tighten some nuts and bolts too. I'll have to actually take some pics when I go to do that this time!
    Yeah, my car is just sitting with storage insurance right now too until I'm sure winter is done.
    Good luck with the job thing, it's pretty rough out in Alberta for that right now.

I plan on at least one road trip out to Vancouver area this spring/summer, so I will make sure to get in touch and we can finally meet up when I am driving through.

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 lx

This has got to be the best read of all time! So much patience, so many details, such clean professional workas well as dedication!. Its had me on the edge of my seat since page 1. So glad ya got her on the road bro! Thanks for sharing all the high quality pics! Damn, such an inspiration......I WANT A EFFIN TURBO NOW

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

updates please!

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Hey guys, long time!

I'm still driving the hatch, it has been very faithful to me over the years! It's certainly showing it's age on the body and I don't know how long it'll last but it's running well and I still enjoy driving it.

I just wanted to post and get a last bump in here before all the pictures come down. Like everyone already probably knows or has experienced, the hosting site isn't being friendly about 3rd party. I will not be paying $400 a year so that the pictures can remain up. It's just not financially smart, I don't make that much money. I guess I can leave a link if anyone ever wants to browse the albums but that's about all I can do. It's really a bummer but nothing I can do unfortunately, fack..

I was going to upload some new pics.. but what the heck is the point? Just imagine some more rust creeping in and some wear and tear in the engine bay haha.

I think if I were to keep the hatch for the long term it would be best to get a rust free body and swap over everything I wanted to keep.. maybe that'll happen but who knows(I would like it to!)
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by 87roach View Post
    Hey guys, long time!

I'm still driving the hatch, it has been very faithful to me over the years! It's certainly showing it's age on the body and I don't know how long it'll last but it's running well and I still enjoy driving it.

I just wanted to post and get a last bump in here before all the pictures come down. Like everyone already probably knows or has experienced, the hosting site isn't being friendly about 3rd party. I will not be paying $400 a year so that the pictures can remain up. It's just not financially smart, I don't make that much money. I guess I can leave a link if anyone ever wants to browse the albums but that's about all I can do. It's really a bummer but nothing I can do unfortunately, fack..

I was going to upload some new pics.. but what the heck is the point? Just imagine some more rust creeping in and some wear and tear in the engine bay haha.

I think if I were to keep the hatch for the long term it would be best to get a rust free body and swap over everything I wanted to keep.. maybe that'll happen but who knows(I would like it to!)
    I'm glad it's still going. Would you be willing to share your turbo map lol
    Last edited by Shane86; 11-10-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX hatch carb'd; 1986 Accord LX-i hatch

Glad to hear it's still running strong! I miss 3rd gen Accords especially the hatch. Over here in the midwest they're pretty much extinct. Do whatever you can to keep her running strong!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

glad you decided to bump this! i was scanning through ur build to get inspired again the other day haha. Sucks about the rust but glad you are still driving it around! i thought i was the only turbo 3g daily for a while.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

Is this Hatch still alive? I was bored at work, so I went through all 39 pages.