Thread: Hondo Headers

DX User

Hondo Headers

Are they still in business? I had there header on my EK1 and bent it when my rail crashed.

2ndGenGuy

Re: Hondo Headers

No they're out of business long ago. There were recently a couple header auctions for the EK1 on eBay, but that's the first time I've ever seen headers available. If you've still got that bent one, your best best might be to get it repaired.

You built a sand rail out of an EK1 engine? Thats pretty badass. You should post some pictures of it! We'd love to see it.

DX User

Here are a few pictures, Its a bit dirty with the valve cover and a trans seal leak.

DX User

I was thinking of up grading to a newer engine with an easy swap. Any one know what is the newest motor that will bolt up to this trans?

2ndGenGuy

Man that is badass!!! Cool ass sand rail! What was your inspiration for using that motor?

What year is that motor? I'm going to guess that the newest motor that will bolt up to that is probably an 82-83 Accord engine. I bet she hauls ass. How's it do out there compared to the air-cooled VW motors?

DX User

Most of the rail was built in the early 80's, I'm not quite sure of the exact year of the motor. The honda motors are a good alternative to the old VW stuff mostly because they are water cooled and more reliable, the only draw back is there is not as many aftermarket parts available these days for the old honda stuff so I'm thinking about updating the motor and trans.

DX User

Do you still have this red sand rail????? I would really like to know. My dads sand rail burned down with are house when I was a kid and this is the exact same one.
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaSandRail View Post
    Here are a few pictures, Its a bit dirty with the valve cover and a trans seal leak.