Thread: Take a Look at This

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

Re: Take a Look at This

how about this?

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Last edited by A18A; 12-29-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

took a look and? it's itb's so? and 1200 is not that much for a setup like that... i mean sure you'd spend less building one but for the shear convenience alone it's worth at least half that lol.
    dead white and blue

2ndGenGuy

Those first ones look like they've got the same mounting flanges as a pair of DCOE Weber carbs. If you can get a manifold made for the A20, I'm sure that a lot of ITB setups would work.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

well if b-series intakes can be adapted i don't see why these wouldn't be next?
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

According (no pun intended) to Extrudabody's website they get their manifolds from Rowland Manifolds. And look, they make a manifold for Webers; Yay!

http://www.manifolds.co.za/honda.htm

And since the B18 port pattern is close enough to the A20 we now have a manifold for Webers. Woohoo!

C|

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Their has been B18 and B16 DCOE manifolds on the market for a while but we can't use them for carbs because they don't take into account the tilt of the A20.
    - llia

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I have been seeing some DCOE 40's on ebay from bug engines lately If I can get them for reasonable I will, and I will need manifolds but plan on making them if need be.
    I know air filtration will be a pain, most set ups I have seen run naked cuz they are right up on the firewall with the air horns.
    And it was good to see 2007 update on that website cygnus, so B16 set will work on A20 right?

edit, oops, A20A1 is that still the deal?
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 01-03-2008 at 11:23 AM.

2ndGenGuy

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    I have been seeing some DCOE 40's on ebay from bug engines lately If I can get them for reasonable I will, and I will need manifolds but plan on making them if need be.
    I know air filtration will be a pain, most set ups I have seen run naked cuz they are right up on the firewall with the air horns.
    And it was good to see 2007 update on that website cygnus, so B16 set will work on A20 right?

edit, oops, A20A1 is that still the deal?
    The air filtration shouldn't be a huge deal on the 3g Accord. I have an A20 DCOE manifold that I had made. I did the measuring on the 2g Accord engine bay and the only problem for us is the brake booster. DCOEs will clear the brake booster with a short manifold (1-1/2 inch long runners) using air cleaners. I don't think this is even an issue on the 3rd gens. Not only is your engine bay larger, but your brake booster is a bit more out of the way...

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1 View Post
    Their has been B18 and B16 DCOE manifolds on the market for a while but we can't use them for carbs because they don't take into account the tilt of the A20.
    Yeah, I had kinda forgotten about that. Except I don't think this applies to all B series manifolds. I mean I have a B18A1 intake on my A20 right now. In my case I did have to cut a hole in the hood because I have a 2g Prelude, which has a lower hood line. Another inch or so and it would have cleared. I know this has been gone over before but I forget the specifics. Let me dig around a bit.

C|

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

The manifold + Carb hitting the hood is not the problem its the carb that needs to sit at the correct angle because of the float bowl inside.

The B18 Manifold for the DCOE has the correct angle built in for vertical ports of the B18 motor while our motor tilts about 15 degrees.
    So if we use the B18 Manifold we'll have whatever the tilt of the B18 manifold is + 15 degrees extra tilt from our motor causing the carbs to sit at the wrong angle, that was the problem with using the manifold in the past.

For EFI you have no float so the angle isn't an issue.
    - llia

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1 View Post
    The manifold + Carb hitting the hood is not the problem its the carb that needs to sit at the correct angle because of the float bowl inside.
    Ahh, yes. That's right. DOH! Been away from the carb scene for awhile. Starting to forget all those little details.

Still, I wonder if they might be willing to make a DCOE intake for the A20 that has the correct angle.

C|

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

just get the flanges cut off and remounted with the right angle on them.
    then tidy it up with the old die grinder