Thread: Trading Post Quirk

2ndGenGuy

Trading Post Quirk

I made a post in the new "Trading Post" and when you submit your new item, all the line breaks are lost. Makes your post look kinda retarded. Just thought I should let someone know.

Example:
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/sr_classi...hp?do=ad&id=24

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

Re: Trading Post Quirk

that happens with other text boxes on this site for some weird reason.. i think it used to happen to me in the 3geez garage.

try setting your edit mode to the advanced editor or whatever and see if it helps..

2ndGenGuy

Yeah, there's no advanced mode in the Trading Post...

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

i just posted something and noticed this.... then i went back and used html spaceing and it worked!! use <br> for each line... so if you want pics say 2 lines down just insert <br><br> inbetween the pics and the description... im sure the mods can fix that at some point though

2ndGenGuy

Hopefully it doesn't allow all HTML tags. That could be a huge security risk. Though I guess you can't post in it until you get 50 posts. So someone would have to be pretty diligent to get some malicious code in there.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Hopefully it doesn't allow all HTML tags. That could be a huge security risk. Though I guess you can't post in it until you get 50 posts. So someone would have to be pretty diligent to get some malicious code in there.
    yeah, im not going to bother trying anytihng else... just being a past webmaster allways makes me try basic html when things dont work. its a easy fix on posting though just so they dont look ugly... but if more html can be used it might be a problem. i dunno i guess the bugs havent been worked out of the system... what mod is in charge of the tradeing post??

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Carriage returns using the standard text editor is a known issue. Javascript needs to be enabled in order to use the advanced text editor, which can be selected by clicking the icon at the top right of the message box.
    - Joe

2ndGenGuy

Ah I see now. The is indeed my savior.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Also, I've noticed that the "Title" and "Member Info" are above the "Ad Message". Even when my window is maximized, the majority of the time, the message never shows up. I was wondering if there was any way to send the "Ad Message" up top so that is the first the the users see?

That's got to be the cleanest living DX I've ever seen.
    -Strugglebucket
    Wow, that's absolutely amazing-that car does not look like it's 20 years old!
    -
    redaztec
    DAYUM!
    -
    2ndGenGuy
    ...it looks like it came out straight from japan.
    -
    MessyHonda