Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

Re: Feeler for AZ Race A20 Billet Engine Mounts

Add me

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Automatic & 88 Prelude 2.0Si Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom_toy View Post
    HOLY SHIT AT $$$$$. Was gonna look at getting a set but if estimate is $350 ish then too bad.....but if you sell the bushings $6 bucks a pop I might buy some later on.
    Those bushings only work for this particular kit, they wont work for the stock mounts. As for the price, well you just cant sacrifice on quality period.

And seeing how no other company makes a Billet kit for these cars, these would be king.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i-1991 Toyota Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
    Those bushings only work for this particular kit, they wont work for the stock mounts. As for the price, well you just cant sacrifice on quality period.

And seeing how no other company makes a Billet kit for these cars, these would be king.
    Thats why I want the bushings, I can make get someone around here to make me a set of mounts.

For my pocket thats just too much, but im cheap, I dont skimp on quality, but I dont pay much if any for it at all. I have great friends that help me out with things, so I dont see fabricating mounts too much of a job for my friends, I just need some good bushings. If they are $6 bucks a pop ill buy some from yall, shouldnt matter what I need em for.
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

~~NGK~~Silvania~~MSD~~Pioneer~~MSW~~Bosch~~DC Sports~~
    115WHP 116WTQ

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

unreal...

actual R&D'ed billet mounts go for $300+ and you are thinking that $350 is WAY too much for custom mounts that don't really exist yet? i remember when billet mount kits were so much more money!!!

gotta love 3geez!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580 View Post
    Add me
    Added!!

We are doing good guys lets keep the momentum going.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-15-2008 @ 7:09pm
    1. rustlude87 - Prelude
    2. JDM86lude - Prelude
    3. kyryeguy - Prelude
    4. EricW - 3Geez
    5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
    6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
    ?????? Minimum to be determine by AZ Race.(to be updated later..)
    Last edited by 1funryd; 01-15-2008 at 07:14 PM.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

No need for a front mount, well depending your setups. Unless your engine uses the front mount like a rear mount? If that be the case, it will be no rear mount, but we will make sure to take care of this as we progress.
    We don't have a tranny mount, so we will need both front and rear...

88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

Messy, yes this will be for three mounts, Trust me when I say that 70 Durometer is nothing to laugh at. It will hold your engine down.
    Let me put it to you this guys, there are only three mounts that support B20luda in pp.com who has dynoed his Turbo Charged H22 swap at 520whp (on race gas) and 480whp on pump gas. And this is a daily driven prelude.

No need for a front mount, well depending your setups. Unless your engine uses the front mount like a rear mount? If that be the case, it will be no rear mount, but we will make sure to take care of this as we progress.

We are opend to all the issues that you find with your mounts. Please feel free to add so that we will address them as we move further along.

Sean
    i have seen your mounts in action..one of the guy that helped me do my OBD1 swap has a h22 on his 3rd gen lude...and its making 170whp. when i got my car dyno tuned the engine was rocking back and forth....Alright il take one for the team so we can get this started.

Add me to the list...il just have to ask for some OT at work.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    i have seen your mounts in action..one of the guy that helped me do my OBD1 swap has a h22 on his 3rd gen lude...and its making 170whp. when i got my car dyno tuned the engine was rocking back and forth....Alright il take one for the team so we can get this started.

Add me to the list...il just have to ask for some OT at work.
    Good Man! So, you have seen the AZ Race mounts in action? Thats good to know I am getting them out there.

You have been added.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-16-2008 @ 8:23am
    1. rustlude87 - Prelude
    2. JDM86lude - Prelude
    3. kyryeguy - Prelude
    4. EricW - 3Geez
    5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
    6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
    7. Messyhonda - 3Geez

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

add me to the list
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by RobT5580 View Post
    Add me to the list!

I am definately in......My b20a moves around way to much and i was thinking about seeing if i can have some made up.
    this was for A20 mounts wasn't it?

Im interested, but can't commit, maybe as the project moves forward in the coming weeks.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    this was for A20 mounts wasn't it?
    The JDM b20A (from jdm accord) uses the same mounts as the A20

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by TWOLOUDNPROUD View Post
    add me to the list
    Added. Good response guys, this is helping alot, lets keep getting as many as we can.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-16-2008 @ 6:35pm
    1. rustlude87 - Prelude
    2. JDM86lude - Prelude
    3. kyryeguy - Prelude
    4. EricW - 3Geez
    5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
    6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
    7. Messyhonda - 3Geez
    8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

As mentioned, it will require the mount setup to be completely reworked in order to use that sort of billet mounts. It will require new engineblock/tranny brackets.

And if a new tranny(rear mount) bracket is going to get constructed and it's being made for the A20 engines, then that will rule out us B20A guys since we dont use the same tranny(rear mount) bracket.
    But if/when I can get confirmed that this will also work with the B20A engines, I will sign up for a set as well. But I understand that is going to be difficult as they need money up front before beginning the R&D.

Great initiative though!

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

So you would only have to replace the bushing in the mounts after time, and not the whole thing right?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BITESIZE View Post
    So you would only have to replace the bushing in the mounts after time, and not the whole thing right?
    You can replace them should they ever wear out. But at 70 Durometer, those will not wear anytime soon. Unless you guys push 1000whp on a daily driven accord.

Sean

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    As mentioned, it will require the mount setup to be completely reworked in order to use that sort of billet mounts. It will require new engineblock/tranny brackets.

And if a new tranny(rear mount) bracket is going to get constructed and it's being made for the A20 engines, then that will rule out us B20A guys since we dont use the same tranny(rear mount) bracket.
    But if/when I can get confirmed that this will also work with the B20A engines, I will sign up for a set as well. But I understand that is going to be difficult as they need money up front before beginning the R&D.

Great initiative though!
    AZ will look at all the mounts involved, and we will try and get a local Arizona member or maybe hit a junkard, to see the cars to compare. But like I stated before, AZ knows what will be needed to move forward.

Sean

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Accord rear A20 mount bracket:

88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by LX-incredible View Post
    Accord rear A20 mount bracket:

Thank you for that, I want everyone to know I spoke to Adam at AZ Race and Machine and told him we are at 9 committed buyers, he is now watching this thread as well as the Preludepower 2nd Prelude thread.

Which means, we are moving, but we need concise clarification on what mounts are going to be interchangable.

We need to know, for all the accords and 2nd gens on this list, what year, make and model you are.

We want to produce the right mounts, for your setups, so we are not producing the wrong mounts. AZ is needing to start from that point. Once we focus it down to which mounts are needed for both the 2nd Preludes and Accords, AZ will know were to start.

At this point this is what was stated from the 2nd gen prelude forum:

i own both models both an si and a dx. the front mount on the two look different. but, the rear mount is the same as well as the dog bone. the best part is that the rear mount on both will also work for the front mount on the base. the front mounts are not interchangeable.

the accord would be the same as the Si. so basically this would be the kit break down...
    85-87 Honda Prelude Si
    86-89 Honda Accord (all)
    front1, rear1, dogbone1, driverside mount1
    83-87 Honda Prelude DX
    rear1, rear1 (because one for front and rear), dogbone1, driversidemount2 (because its different, yet not nessary)

i hope that makes sense. so basically the front for the si/accords will need one that different than the dx preludes, but the front and rear of the dx preludes are the same as the rear of the si/accords. Make Sense?
    I would like clarification on this from the 3geez forum, so we are on the same page.

Project manager,

Sean

LX User
    Vehicle
    '88 accord lx-i, 88 mercury cougar 5.0 (soon to be H.O.) 94' Pontiac Grand-am GT 3400 v6 swap soon!

The A20A1 and A20A2 were the carbeurated versions of the A20A engines. It was available in the 1984-1987 Honda Preludes as well as the 1982-1989 Accord DX and LX...
    and

The A20A3 was offered in the 1984-1987 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, the 1989 Honda Accord SE-i, and the 1986-1989 Honda Accord LX-i

RIGHT??

also the prelude dx had the a18 right??

"The A18A engine was the 1.8 liter engine found in 1984-1987 Honda Prelude in the US. Abroad, it was also available in the 1986-1989 Accords"
    Last edited by newtuner; 01-17-2008 at 04:04 PM.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by newtuner View Post
    The A20A1 and A20A2 were the carbeurated versions of the A20A engines. It was available in the 1984-1987 Honda Preludes as well as the 1982-1989 Accord DX and LX...
    and

The A20A3 was offered in the 1984-1987 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, the 1989 Honda Accord SE-i, and the 1986-1989 Honda Accord LX-i

RIGHT??

also the prelude dx had the a18 right??

"The A18A engine was the 1.8 liter engine found in 1984-1987 Honda Prelude in the US. Abroad, it was also available in the 1986-1989 Accords"

i think just about anyone intrested in buying mounts knows what engine was in what car... thats not really the problem... difrent cars can have difrent mounts depending on frame design , even if its the same exact engine... there just working this out so we know exactly what models can use this and what models will only be able to use some of the mounts...

someone that works at a part store should snap some pics of the difrent mounts for the dx and si ludes and mayby snap some pics of the accords aswell... this would calm everyone down on mount design... im positive AZ will take care of it though as there a good company and arnt new to this type of thing

LX User
    Vehicle
    '88 accord lx-i, 88 mercury cougar 5.0 (soon to be H.O.) 94' Pontiac Grand-am GT 3400 v6 swap soon!

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    i think just about anyone intrested in buying mounts knows what engine was in what car... thats not really the problem... difrent cars can have difrent mounts depending on frame design , even if its the same exact engine... there just working this out so we know exactly what models can use this and what models will only be able to use some of the mounts...

someone that works at a part store should snap some pics of the difrent mounts for the dx and si ludes and mayby snap some pics of the accords aswell... this would calm everyone down on mount design... im positive AZ will take care of it though as there a good company and arnt new to this type of thing
    but wasn't the lude (or accord) built off of the same frame?? not to mention that the lude hes askin about (dx) is a a18a i believe... so thats why the mount dosent work.. o BTW the engine bay is what matters not the frame.. acc. and all are what makes mount points differ.. as far as i kno the a20 in a lude is mounted the same way..

Vehicle

but wasn't the lude (or accord) built off of the same frame?? not to mention that the lude hes askin about (dx) is a a18a i believe... so thats why the mount dosent work.. o BTW the engine bay is what matters not the frame.. acc. and all are what makes mount points differ.. as far as i kno the a20 in a lude is mounted the same way..
    yes i know that.. and i think everyone else knew that aswell... kinda makeing me ask why it was posted... the project manager allready listed the difrences in his post....no need to argue all im saying is i think everyone allready knew the engine difrences...

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LXI HATCH

AZ will look at all the mounts involved, and we will try and get a local Arizona member or maybe hit a junkard, to see the cars to compare. But like I stated before, AZ knows what will be needed to move forward.

Sean
    This is sweet!. I was thinking of doing a B series swap but now that this came up im just gonna turbo the A20a3. Add me to the list. Oh and i see the company is located in Meza, AZ...im currently living in phoenix,AZ...if you want i can stop by and have them take a look at my mounts if it helps sort this out a bit..i have a 1989 lxi hatchback.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Hatchie
    PICS-http://caliaccordmeet.com/site/?page_id=551

LX User
    Vehicle

not tryin 2 argue either... jus tryin 2 help... he was wondering about the lude dx's so as far as i kno those are a18a's...

Vehicle

not tryin 2 argue either... jus tryin 2 help... he was wondering about the lude dx's so as far as i kno those are a18a's...
    my bad.. i kinda did go off for no reason... sorry man... stressfull day...

bump to a good thread