Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feeler for AZ Race A20 Billet Engine Mounts

Vehicle
    1989 Accord SEI Coupe, 08 Ford E-250

Re: Feeler for AZ Race A20 Billet Engine Mounts

Here are a few pictures if they help at all!

I can see if i can get pictures for the B20A rear mount. But if it becomes a problem i can work on this with AZ or someone else if its an issue.
    Last edited by RobT5580; 01-23-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2008

Vehicle
    89 Accord No Motor and 88 Accord HB LX-i

I have a extra B20A rear mount
    LX-R coming soon Here's a hint. 89mm stroke/ 41.60cc head /ARP head & main stud's /SRP piston's 81.5mm 9:5:1/Crower Rod's & more to come

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

The really pertinent question is whether an Accord rear mount can also be used as a front mount. If it can then a single mount will work for the front and rear on all 2g Preludes and 3g Accords. Which would make it really easy.

Removing the dog bone completely is a whole other problem. Then you would need to think about reinforcing the engine brackets as well, or at least that front one. They weren't designed to handle the torque load as well as the weight of the engine.

C|

SEi User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LX -EFI OBD1 Turbo, 2006 Ram 1500

Heres a few pictures that i had saved that show the mounts hopefully they help.

Pgm-fi conversion 4-16-05
    OBD1 11-25-06
    Turbo 2-26-07
    Tuned with eCtune 239whp 237wtq

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LXi Automatic & 88 Prelude 2.0Si Automatic

Keep it coming guys, I need to see all the models of everyone on this list. We are trying to figure out what the best way to approach this. AZ Race is wanting to make this kit as universal as possible, but we will need to figure out which models will be the dominate make. Some of you might have to do a little swapping to use the same mounts. Don't quote me on that, as nothing is set yet, I just wanted it to be clear, so everyone knows that we will not be able to satisfy everyone on here.

I will have Adam look at these and we will see where it will take us. Keep the pictures coming.

Sean
    3rd Gen Aftermarket Support Manager

1FunRyd Performance

Vehicle

I said i will/can work out the b20a details. I think AZ has a decent product to sell because it will cover multiple products and won't require a entire re-design of all the mounts. The B20A's will only need a rear mount modification and seeing they physically use the same mount it will probably be a bracket modification only.

Im defintately pleased at how this project is making way and hopefully it keeps moving forward.

Vehicle

I have talked to Adam about the Dog Bone, and we are still trying to see what is going to be the best way to do this. It looks like we can not eliminate that dog bone, but I need to know what all of you and the accords do for aftermarket power, so that we know how crucial or not that dog bone is?

Sean

1FunRyd Performance

its looking like the turbo accords are pushing between 2-300hp and there are a couple builds that have the potential to be in excess of 300,and the na guys between 90-130hp(?)(correct me if i am wrong)

my name is not on the list because i may go with solid mounts.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

I think this is a cool idea, but the only way I would be in is if the front motor mount was offset to the passenger side a few inches and we had some form of adjustable tension rod with poly bushings on each end.

ESP does this with many of their traction bar setups just as an example - http://explicitspeedperformance.net/TBS.html

this mount lines up directly with the holes on the block, but if we offset this mount maybe 2" it would eliminate the front motor mount from ever being in the way of downpipe routing. Doesn't solve the fact that the crossmember is still being a pain, but its a start.
    Last edited by bobafett; 01-27-2008 at 09:38 AM.

Vehicle

The dog bone is not a big deal i had to modify my brackets to accomodate it with the victor x manifold but it works out.

As for the rear mount working in place of the front mount i don't think the bolt pattern matched my front mount as it was a much larger mount. I could be wrong but i believe i checked it because i filled my old mounts with erethane.

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

Quote Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
    I have talked to Adam about the Dog Bone, and we are still trying to see what is going to be the best way to do this. It looks like we can not eliminate that dog bone, but I need to know what all of you and the accords do for aftermarket power, so that we know how crucial or not that dog bone is?

Sean
    I dont see any reason why the dog bone shouldnt be able to get eliminated. If a bushing type mount is being used in the front and rear, there shouldnt be any need for the dogbone.
    The dogbone get's in the way for certain intake manifolds. And it's not very pretty either lol.

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    I dont see any reason why the dog bone shouldnt be able to get eliminated. If a bushing type mount is being used in the front and rear, there shouldnt be any need for the dogbone.
    The dogbone get's in the way for certain intake manifolds. And it's not very pretty either lol.
    Ok, I will bring this up to Adam.

Guys I hope you all who have signed up are saving your money, for your deposit and the total payment.

We are still moving forward, just looking at all options, and listening to what you have to say.

Project Manager,
    Sean

1FunRyd Performance

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

the dogbone mount is there to limit the back and forth rocking of the motor yes? I think what the greatdane is saying (for those of you who had a little trouble figuring it out, like myself) is that if the other mounts are going to do this anyway, we dont really need the dogbone.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

so yeah sean...payday is on friday... when will this get started?

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by MessyHonda View Post
    so yeah sean...payday is on friday... when will this get started?
    It has already started, but AZ wants to sure which way we are to go with this project, becuase time is money, and I know no one wants pay the hourly on R&D. I need everysingle person who signed up to have the $150 deposit sitting and waiting for the annoucement to pay. Once I post that up, I will be expecting everyone to have their money's in. So, since I have not stated that yet, I expect all those involved to be ready on the fly.

The only reason I have not annouced it yet, is because we don't know what is the best way to attack this as a universal mount between both prelude and accord. I was thinking persoanlly we elimnate the dog bone, but then we need to probably make a bracket for the rear mount and front mount to keep the engine steady secure.

AZ also does not want to do an incomplete kit, and with the driver side mount being different betweek the prelude and accord, we are not sure yet on what is the cheapest most secure method on what we are going to do yet.

I was suppose to go back to the junkyard and get some clear good pictures to give Adam an idea of what you are all talking about.

So, have money ready, and get the balance asap, and keep the comments coming in with pictures as well.

Project Manager,
    Sean

1FunRyd Performance

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

what pics do you all need? i cant get on to the groupe buy but i will be happy to help.. we need pics of mounts on the 3gee accord , the 2g lude (a18) and 2g lude si (a20) correct? i am working on a A18 2g lude right now for a friend when he brings it by in the next few days i can snap some pics of it..and once i get to florida i can take pics of the mounts on my accord if that will help at all

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by labeledsk8r View Post
    what pics do you all need? i cant get on to the groupe buy but i will be happy to help.. we need pics of mounts on the 3gee accord , the 2g lude (a18) and 2g lude si (a20) correct? i am working on a A18 2g lude right now for a friend when he brings it by in the next few days i can snap some pics of it..and once i get to florida i can take pics of the mounts on my accord if that will help at all

Yes I need good high quality pics of both the lude and accord engine mounts with as many angles as possible. I prefer you email them to me directly since hosting them will reduce the quality and kill bandwith for those who don't high speed.

Email the pics to: [email protected]

Thank you.

Sean

1FunRyd Performance

Vehicle

Do you need actual mounts to give them? I believe i have a set laying around for the A20A3 Lxi chassis minus the tranny bracket. I know i have the side, front, rear mounts. All you will need are the tranny bracket and dogbone if they do anything with it.

I know the Place Racing B-series kit that uses a tranny mount rather than a front mount eliminates the dogbone. The only big difference i see is you have to side mounts and the rear to keep it from rocking. So im not sure how using front rear and one side will be without a dogbone but i would think similar?

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord LXI HATCH

Ive sent some pics to your email...hope they help.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Hatchie
    PICS-http://caliaccordmeet.com/site/?page_id=551

a possible solution to remove the dog bone would be to move the mounting points up on the motor..a horizontal and triangulated bar? (possibly front and rear)
    since there is a possibility of redesigning the brackets they can be desighned for intercangeability, the lower section whitch will bolt to the crossmember can be generic(and would not need to be billet to be cost effective) to be able to mount to multiple bolt patterns, as the bushing can be located on the braces.simular to bobbafetts pic. look at the engine mount section. the bushing does not need to be bolted to the crossmember such as our stock mounts are.
    un-motivated!

3GR

after posting that, i got to thinking that they may not be able to build them in billet in the way i discribed.
    disreguard if that post was not helpful.
    un-motivated!

3GR

Vehicle

Here is the updated list:

List Updated as of 1-30-2008 @ 9:34am
    1. rustlude87
    2. JDM86lude
    3. kyryeguy
    4. EricW - 3Geez member
    5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
    6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
    7. MessyHonda
    8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
    9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
    10. Smeado
    11. twhonza - 3Geez
    12. Chrislude1982
    ?????? Minimum to be determine by AZ Race.(to be updated later..)

Sean

1FunRyd Performance

Accord of the Year - 2009

Vehicle
    Accord 2.0i-16 '87 - Accord Aerodeck EXi '89

Sean didnt rjudgey sign up for this too on preludepower? You missed him perhaps

Link to my 3geez garage
    • Accord 2.0i-16 '87 B20A2 DOHC 16v
    • Accord Aerodeck EXi '89 Exclusive Edition

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    Sean didnt rjudgey sign up for this too on preludepower? You missed him perhaps
    If I remember correctly he said he may join, so I dont want to add someone who is not ready to commit.

AZ is watching this thread, and there concerned with the low numbers that some may drop out. They are still feeling out this project. They want to do this, but they want to make sure that once someone says I do, that it shows they will.

AZ and I went thru some stressfull times on preludepower with the H22 kit and the B20 kit. We had almost half drop due to impatience, irresponsibility, and just plane luck of the draw. In the end AZ Race always came thru, even at loss. They don't want to go thru that again. Their moto is "Home of the good guys" and they live by it. They trust me, but at some point they need to make good business decisions as well. So, I ask all those on here who really want this to happen to join up, and stick with it till the end, because you all benefit in the end.
    We even had some members on preludepower buy 2-3 kits to keep the project moving forward.

Basically what I am doing for AZ and your community is collecting the heads and committing everyone first. At the same time, I am also gaining information on what to do with this project since we are half and half on both sides of the equation, I mean Prelude vs Accord buyers. So that we produce a quality product at a reasonble price and make all involved happy.

With that said, I urge more to join and support this project. And I need to know between both sides what is going to be the best setup for both worlds, and what each members is willing to do to make the kit work for their own setup in case we do not produce a mount they want. In other words, what mounts are all as a group willing to have produced, and are some of you willing to make the universal kit work for your particular car if they mounts we fabricate only works for some and not others.

Project Manager,
    Sean

1FunRyd Performance

Vehicle

I was thinking of a solution for the rear mount to work for the B20A and A20A3. Both use the same rear rubber mount just different brackets on the tranny. If they make a adaptor in the shape of a unside down U with a stud like the stock mount then they can use that to fit over the new mount and it will work for both accord platforms.

The hardest part would be for them to determine the height to make their mount with the adaptor to meet the stock mount height. I honestly think it will be a simple design and work on both platforms maybe even the 2nd gen prelude if it uses the same rear mount.

Depending on my tax return i would consider buying a second set but thats going on a limb. I want/need these mounts and i like what AZ produces so i am willing to take it a step further if need be.