Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another manifold I'm fabricating..

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: another manifold I'm fabricating..

hey looks good,fuck honda tec these same guys said my manifold and carbs looked like shit. they couldn't build a set if they had a snap together set. keep up the work glad to see some real work on here lately,we need more posts like this to get people exited about their cars again, when my money comes in from the tax thing it's off to z therapy with my carbs. then i can post some pics of my stuff on the motor.

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Beautiful work!
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Looks really good man, it just keeps getting better
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Quote Originally Posted by mykwikcoupe View Post
    ok so its one ebay. How an I supposed to find it? How about a link man. Also, if you would like some more practice and some extra green. I can send you a few flanged and you can make me a manifold for my b20a. Id guess fitment would be similar to your b series as far placeemant. Im not sure of the design name I want but is the lovechild of your and a short ramhorn. I saw the design on a post by weirtech on here. Annyways, if your interested shoot me a PM. No bullshit either that manifold looks dope.
    I didn't post a link because since it's for a b series and will not fit the accord chassis without removal of the crossember and conversion to a traction bar setup. I figured no one on here would be interested. I am down to build some other manifolds though. To fit in the accord chassis, the ramhorn or top mount would probably be the way to go. I'd say the ramhorn. I'll try to find the post by weirtech though.
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 01-29-2008 at 10:21 AM.

https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58215
    its post 18. I would need the room for ac and PS. Im not sure how fitment would work or not. let me know what you think

SEi User
    Vehicle

Okay, what the hell...Weirtech's manifold looks just like mine, our wastegate location is the same, tight, it is also for a (integra/civic) b series, and I'd never even seen it before! At least that I remember.. How much is $800 canadian in U.S. $..?

I like mine better though, my 2 outside runners aren't as long as his, making it a tiny bit closer to equal length..ha ha. Too bad I had to go and fuck around with that abrasive polishing/cleaning thing though, now it just looks weird. But that'll go away once it heats up..

But, as I've written previously, neither will fit the accord chassis. They put the turbo right into the crossmember.

As far as me building a manifold for your car compatible with a/c and p/s, that would be really hard, almost impossible without having the car and turbo right in front of me. Most bottom mount manifolds put the turbo in a location where it interferes with the a/c compressor, and the thing with the accord is there is so little room in front of the motor, everything has to be perfectly set up to fit. When I built my a20 manifold 5 years ago (the first manifold I'd ever built, out of mild steel with a mig welder) I put the turbo off to the side, basically above where the motor and tranny intersected. That gave a lot of room for everything, and room for a nice downpipe too. I actually sold that setup to a member on this forum, I can't remember who, but now I'm a little embarrased to have my name on that thing, but..live and learn, lol. That setup would have been sweet tigged with legit flanges and stainless runners, but I didn't know about that then.
    For now, I'll snoop around on the board and try to find a few pics of your setup, so I can see if anything pops into my head.

SEi User
    Vehicle

damn it, mykwikcoupe, I couldn't find any of your pics. Now I've just spent way too much time posting in random threads and haven't gotten shit done today. Do you have a build thread somewhere?

Vehicle
    1989 LXI Coupe Kswap, 1989 LXI Bswap

what tig are you using?
    Style Quality Uniqueness And Design
    S.Q.U.A.D. Engineering
    www.squadengineering.com

http://www.facebook.com/squadengineering

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

I think Canadian dollar is about on par and was better then the American dollar for a period I think
    - llia

check out my photobucket account under kwikcoupe I think there there

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...%201/?start=40
    lots of random pics

accordtheory,I don't mean to whore up your thread but, i am liking what you're doing.
    you did well on the short collector,would you care to try that with 2 90* bends and 2 straights?

it will save alot of room for a top mount configuration.

a ramhorn mani is not going to work well with out either a traction bar(and possibly moving the mount to-wards the pass. side about 2") or offsetting the t/3 flange 3" from the center to-wards the driver side of the a20 flange.(there are some possible heat issues with a ram or mini ram)

trust me with a traction bar you can build just about build any manifold as long as you can get to the spark plugs and it wont catch the power steering on fire.
    Last edited by 89T; 01-31-2008 at 04:50 AM.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

SEi User
    Vehicle

You can whore up my thread all you want, lol.

This is the reason why I think a ramhorn would be the way to go with the a20. I was able to fit my big ass holset with the crossmember still intact with a manifold that places the flange in a location similar to the ramhorn. Does the a20 have a lower exhaust port location? It is almost exactly 10" from the highest point of the crossmember to the bottom of my exhaust ports.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

looks fast already

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

SEi User
    Vehicle

Dude, come on. Only 89turboed is allowed to whore up my thread. just playing.
    What I need is some kind of measurements for the a20 though, or else I could just try to do it with enough extra room so that it will almost be sure to fit. My turbo is extremely close to the crossmember, I'll probably "clearance" it a little with a hammer.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

I think the A20 was about the same 10"
    When I was doing my header I took that measurement but I don't know where I wrote it down.
    I don't have a 3G at the moment to double check.
    - llia

i cant give you a definitive answer right now but i can take some measurements tomorrow.
    so i can whore it up!lol.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR