Thread: 79-81 Accord Cam Billets---anyone have any?

Vehicle
    '78 Honda Civic with Accod Motor

79-81 Accord Cam Billets---anyone have any?

I am having my EL head built up with larger valves, shaved, ect. and was hoping to have a new cam re-ground. Was wondering if anyone knew of any new cam billets for the 79-81 EL or EK motors?

2ndGenGuy

Re: 79-81 Accord Cam Billets---anyone have any?

Quote Originally Posted by redr2 View Post
    I am having my EL head built up with larger valves, shaved, ect. and was hoping to have a new cam re-ground. Was wondering if anyone knew of any new cam billets for the 79-81 EL or EK motors?
    I'm not so sure you can get them anymore. I know you can get a stock cam reground though, so you should be pretty good to go with a junkyard core. I had a worn out cam reground to stock specs... Any reason you're looking for a new one as opposed to a used one?

Vehicle

I figure a billet cam will give some more options when I have it re-ground. I do not plan on having it ground to stock specs but something a little wilder so the extra "meat" on the lobes may be required.

2ndGenGuy

Well, unless the cam is worn out like crazy, they should be able to give you a pretty wild cam regrind from a stock cam. I had a 280 degree (pretty wild for an A20 I hear) cam reground by Colt Cams in Langley, BC from a junkyard A20 camshaft. They are cool guys to talk to, might give them a call before you go all over the place chasing down camshafts.

Vehicle

I spoke with Jeff at Colt Cams today. For a variety of reasons my present core is junk. I am trying to see if I can get one hard face welded rather than a re-grind as the rockers sit at a funny angle with the grind. We'll see....

Vehicle

Found something close, a nos camshaft. I am attempting to have this one hard face welded with a slightly better profile for performance and my engine set up. I have spoken with Bisi Moto ( http://www.bisimoto.com ) of bisimoto engineering about a custom cam so it may be sent down there for the work. I will report back once I figure it out. Its more costly but gives far better options and longevity.

Last edited by redr2; 02-13-2008 at 09:30 PM.

DX User

for Bisi. interested in seeing how it goes.