Thread: 85 Prelude 1.8 carb rebuild

DX User

85 Prelude 1.8 carb rebuild

Ok I might be crazy but I am attempting to rebuild my dual carb setup on my 85 prelude 1.8 w/ auto tranny. Once I have finished with the carbs is there a way to remove all of the emmissions equipment? I live in Virginia and we don't have any kind of smog regulations. I would like to remove as many vaccum lines as possible. Let me know what you guys think.

Vehicle
    94 accord DX coupe , 89 LX (R.I.P) , 89 LX-i Coupe (sold)

Re: 85 Prelude 1.8 carb rebuild

just throw a A20A1 head on it and go weber... its going to cost the same and run alot better..... whys this in 2nd gen?

2ndGenGuy

It's a 2g Prelude.

I hear those stock dual carbs are a bit of a mess. Not to send you away or anything, but you might wanna hit up PreludePower.com. I think there will be quite a few more people there with the stock dual carb setup who can share their experiences.

I imagine that de-vacuuming can be a bit hairy on a dual carb setup. Especially worse if you've got the dual-carb CVCC setup.

SEi User
    Vehicle
    81 HB LX, 84 HB S, 89 LX-i Coupe

The Prelude factory carb. situation is a mess. Just like the Accord, only there are 2 carbs... Props for attempting to rebuild them AND get rid of all the vacuum/emissions crap. Rebuilding these carbs. is tricky and there isn't a whole lot of room for error. Good luck.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

I think that a rebuild and de-vac should be straightforward enough. Get a good quality rebuild kit with decent instructions, clean everything well, and work in a clean, organized place. Once you have everything apart, you should be able to tell by the function of each line what goes and what needs to stay. I recommend keeping the EVAP canister functioning as it keeps your car from reeking of gas on hot days. I actually have 2 sets of these carbs back home, but that's 9 hours away.

Good luck.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

DX User

Yeah I have rebuilt quite a few carbs so I am not that worried about the actual rebuild more so about the vaccuum lines. I guess nobody has done it here?

Vehicle
    83 accord honda hatch

not with havving it run whell i went for the weber its prety sweet ive got three vac lines now good stuff that

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

post some pics of the lude please

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.