Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we need a probationary period.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

we need a probationary period.

hey with the recent problems with 02gpt 1 or 2 or whatever his name was, and the various other SN's he has,that keep getting banned, this is a good reason to have a probationary period for new members, the people who like the cars and want to be involved in the forum wouldn't have any problem, but it would keep these idiots from getting in the general members section or joining right back up under a different SN. now we have a bunch of threads of his floating around that are worthless and have ruined otherwise good threads. someone does need to delete them, what i was thinking was a new member can only post in a certain area until he has so many posts,or has proven to the board f that he's not one of these people. An exception to this would be if someone new wants to join the foundation forum then he wouldn't need to go through the probationary period. i figure if someone wants to join and wishes to help support the site,they are probably not going to be a problem anyway. if someone in such a newbies section has an urgent car problem, i'm sure we have plenty of members that will help them of course until they are full fledged members.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

Re: we need a probationary period.

most n00bs are cool people i'd hate to punish them for one or two bad apples.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    hey with the recent problems with 02gpt 1 or 2 or whatever his name was, and the various other SN's he has,that keep getting banned, this is a good reason to have a probationary period for new members, the people who like the cars and want to be involved in the forum wouldn't have any problem, but it would keep these idiots from getting in the general members section or joining right back up under a different SN. now we have a bunch of threads of his floating around that are worthless and have ruined otherwise good threads. someone does need to delete them, what i was thinking was a new member can only post in a certain area until he has so many posts,or has proven to the board f that he's not one of these people. An exception to this would be if someone new wants to join the foundation forum then he wouldn't need to go through the probationary period. i figure if someone wants to join and wishes to help support the site,they are probably not going to be a problem anyway. if someone in such a newbies section has an urgent car problem, i'm sure we have plenty of members that will help them of course until they are full fledged members.

x2 ive been a suporter for this a long time now
    Last edited by race12001; 03-09-2008 at 06:12 PM.

took a whole year but i got the 100th post
    yet only took a month to get the 200th
    Dec. 05-Dec. 06
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest89sei
    CAH pops rice-a-roni in his pants!

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    x2

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Other forums I am a member of, also limit n00bs from posting in the marketplace, which IMO is a good thing. And ya should limit them to a number of posts a day or week too, i think that'd be good.

Vehicle

well thats not punishing them the good ones will get their post in and become full fledged members with no problems

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

what about something like cb7tuner.com has?? i really like that
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    89 accord lxi efi

i was a member for a year and didnt post should be a 2 month post limit cause most of the question are already answ. not post but make a thread

Vehicle
    89 LX

This is my first post, I thought that I should post up so that I'll be "grandfathered" out of probationary periods. I have always hated probation. Seriously, I used your site and threads to restore an 89 lx to usefullness after it sat parked on a mountain for 9 years, mice ate it up. You guys were so much help that I donated in December without ever saying a word. Now I check in now and then to see how the 3geez boys are! Thanks

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

griffonks ^^... I don't think we're talking about making it so you can't view threads and such or chime in if you need help. But a system like this is purely to help eliminate completely useless and trouble making new members.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i View Post
    Other forums I am a member of, also limit n00bs from posting in the marketplace, which IMO is a good thing. And ya should limit them to a number of posts a day or week too, i think that'd be good.
    I actually agree with this one. keep people without at least a certain number of posts from getting into the marketplace. This makes sure that the people buying and selling there are at least somewhat known in the rest of the forum.
    Lostforawhile:we have to pick on him he's CAH he spray painted himself into this corner with the accord.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

i dont think that their should be a probationary period, i just think that there should be a mandatory FAQ and Rules quiz before you are allowed to post. Chances are, rather than reading through all the FAQ's, new members will use our search function, which is what we are really aiming for anyway. I will even offer to write the quiz
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

2ndGenGuy

Its like the screening process at the airport. Everybody treated like a criminal and the douchebags will still find a way through.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by griffonks View Post
    This is my first post, I thought that I should post up so that I'll be "grandfathered" out of probationary periods. I have always hated probation. Seriously, I used your site and threads to restore an 89 lx to usefullness after it sat parked on a mountain for 9 years, mice ate it up. You guys were so much help that I donated in December without ever saying a word. Now I check in now and then to see how the 3geez boys are! Thanks
    yea i don't want to keep good members out just keep posts to a certain area for a short time, so idiots like that guy that just reregistered and got banned four times are kept out,i want to see new members that like to contribute,those are the kind we like

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

sounds like a good idea

Vehicle
    1982 VW Scirocco, 1995 Acura Integra LS. Previously Owned: 1989 Accord LXi, 1991 Civic DX

A good idea but hard to actually do...I mean this GTP guy wasn't bad at first, just all of a sudden he just turned into a total asshole...this probation process wont help prevent people turning into jerks though once they have made it in... only slow em down a bit at first.

- I like the brainstorm going on here though, defiantly something to consider...

Vehicle
    1989 honda accord Lx ( cheeseburger mobile) 1989 honda accord Lx-i ole blue

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteLXI View Post
    A good idea but hard to actually do...I mean this GTP guy wasn't bad at first, just all of a sudden he just turned into a total asshole...this probation process wont help prevent people turning into jerks though once they have made it in... only slow em down a bit at first.

- I like the brainstorm going on here though, defiantly something to consider...

good point. u never know when they will turn! lol

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

A good idea but hard to actually do...I mean this GTP guy wasn't bad at first, just all of a sudden he just turned into a total asshole
    because everyone fed into what he was doing....

Vehicle
    86 Honda Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by cubert View Post
    because everyone fed into what he was doing....
    qft

1986 Honda Prelude build thread
    1981 Honda Accord (sold)

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

x3

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by coope View Post
    i was a member for a year and didnt post should be a 2 month post limit cause most of the question are already answ. not post but make a thread
    +1

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

yep this one would made it thru easy. It is apparant he had some other agenda as a troll. If he knew so much about General Junk Motors aka GTP then why would he have such meanial questions about a Honda, as well trying to discredit information provided here. His antics may have been intended to be humor, as perceived by a few here, but the way he kept pushing it I think it was mockery.

Vehicle
    1982 VW Scirocco, 1995 Acura Integra LS. Previously Owned: 1989 Accord LXi, 1991 Civic DX

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    yep this one would made it thru easy. It is apparant he had some other agenda as a troll. If he knew so much about General Junk Motors aka GTP then why would he have such meanial questions about a Honda, as well trying to discredit information provided here. His antics may have been intended to be humor, as perceived by a few here, but the way he kept pushing it I think it was mockery.
    What he did to his car was total mockery to every 3gee out there, and possible to all Honda's in general. Something like this really is unforgivable even though yes it is his own vehicle and he can do as he pleases with it...but come on lol.

Maybe that post limit is a good idea, but I'd say at least 1ce a day for a month, and no making your own threads for that matter for a month as well, just posting in other threads.

Vehicle

What he did to his car was total mockery to every 3gee out there, and possible to all Honda's in general. Something like this really is unforgivable even though yes it is his own vehicle and he can do as he pleases with it...but come on lol.

Maybe that post limit is a good idea, but I'd say at least 1ce a day for a month, and no making your own threads for that matter for a month as well, just posting in other threads.
    hey not bad,we could have a newbies section where they could post and they could post in other threads but not start their own.

Vehicle