Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Hash_man_se_i's 1988 EX-i sedan build

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Re: Hash_man_se_i's 1988 EX-i sedan build

You look up lht kits it with make a big difference in heat and power numbers. You can also us a chiller killer to help cool it even more to help get the most of your kit. I've been working on s/c for my automatic lifted crv.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

Quote Originally Posted by obd0driver View Post
    You look up lht kits it with make a big difference in heat and power numbers. You can also us a chiller killer to help cool it even more to help get the most of your kit. I've been working on s/c for my automatic lifted crv.

Nice! that would be fun on a CRV, I know Rich was working on one of those too for his CRV.
    I've looked into the LHT kits too. For now I'll run the kit as is. I don't have crazy power goals and won't be tracking it yet. As time goes on if needed I'll look into it more seriously, not even sure John and the guys at LHT still offer this service?

Right now I'm looking at grabbing some of the new pulleys that 1320 performance started making for the kits. They look like nice little upgrades at not a crazy cost.
    Next big thing is fuel system (pump, rail, injectors, etc.). When I bought the JRSC kit off the guy he gave me an old fuel rail with DSM 450cc injectors. But I didn't really know the condition of them, so I sold them last week.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i View Post
    Nice! that would be fun on a CRV, I know Rich was working on one of those too for his CRV. I've looked into the LHT kits too. For now I'll run the kit as is. I don't have crazy power goals and won't be tracking it yet. As time goes on if needed I'll look into it more seriously, not even sure John and the guys at LHT still offer this service?

Right now I'm looking at grabbing some of the new pulleys that 1320 performance started making for the kits. They look like nice little upgrades at not a crazy cost.
    Next big thing is fuel system (pump, rail, injectors, etc.). When I bought the JRSC kit off the guy he gave me an old fuel rail with DSM 450cc injectors. But I didn't really know the condition of them, so I sold them last week.
    Hi I'm Rich lol ahahaha
    So limited power goals is something I know about m45 on a automatic transmission awd lifted crv there's only so much u can do.

Yes lht is no longer making the kits because the laminova cores got crazy expensive thanks to the trade war. But you can find the cores on ebay for a bit cheaper if your down to DIY the kit. But I know gizfab on it makes the lht now. Something to considered seeing how the kit is already out. It's a pain in the ass to work on it in the car so you may as well do as much as you can to insure that's gonna be as reliable as possible so you don't have to take it back out to fix it. That's the main reason I haven't got mine on. Gonna send mine out to have it rebuilt and the coating redone($1000 blower only).

https://instagram.com/gizfab?igshid=5183g2i5ejlj

Also not knocking the 1320 parts but if you already have everything no reason to really replace the part if there not broken. Belt walk isn't that big of a problem but yeah that idler pulley is nice I'll probably pick that up. Also there is guy in ebay they sells parts as well.

He work for vibrate performance as head r&d there. So don't be afraid of the quality of his parts. I own them and would vouch for them. But if you are buy his parts remember that his parts are different then the stock jrsc kit so thing's may not work if you don't get all his part. Same with 1320 they are just slightly different but it make a huge difference when put them to use.
    https://ebay.com/usr/pgaj

If you want to get more boost just use the Jdm b20 main pulley. However this will add to the heat soaking problem with all jrsc kits. They get extremely hot and will effect the over all performance and reliability of the Eaton superchargers. Lht kits not only keep the air cold but the blower itself will be a bit cooler as well. Side note the Jdm b20 pully will put you around 12 psi so if you do this you will need lht or watermeth to keep the rotors cool so they don't get to hot from over boosting and expand messing up the rotor and case. Remember that the jrsc kits are rpm matched. So over boosting and over spring(to high of rpm) will cause problems that can be catastrophic to the blower.

The killer chiller kit I'm talking about is basically the same concept that is used to cool the s/c in the hell cat and demon. They use the ac system to cool instead of the air to water. You simply add a bypass and a secondary heat exchanger(30 plate) in line with the current ac system and add more refrigerant. So any time it gets hot you just turn the a/c on. It will cool everything and you'll make more hp. If you DIY a kit it's not to crazy in price. Its better Cooling and performance then using the air to water cooler and you don't have to run a secondary pump. it's also better than water meth because it won't run out nearly as fast. So its more reliable the most things you can do to make power and cool the s/c. Take a bit of time and check it out its total something to considered.

https://killerchiller.com/products/u...parallel-kitmp

Also here's a ton of other information if you haven't already seen it. https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...2A%2A-1214810/

Feel free to hit me up if you want links to other information like places for parts people that may have them or question in general I've own/owned and play with 3 kits m45(ls/b20) m62(gsr) and m62 lht(b16). But haven't put mine on because a2b was more important than anything. Plus I've had to replace just about everything in my kit. Even made some new idler pulley brackets because my was missing them.

Last edited by obd0driver; 12-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Vehicle

Hi I'm Rich lol ahahaha
    Tells you how long it has been since I've been on the forum hahaha. Oh man

If you want to get more boost just use the Jdm b20 main pulley. However this will add to the heat soaking problem with all jrsc kits. They get extremely hot and will effect the over all performance and reliability of the Eaton superchargers. Lht kits not only keep the air cold but the blower itself will be a bit cooler as well. Side note the Jdm b20 pully will put you around 12 psi so if you do this you will need lht or watermeth to keep the rotors cool so they don't get to hot from over boosting and expand messing up the rotor and case. Remember that the jrsc kits are rpm matched. So over boosting and over spring(to high of rpm) will cause problems that can be catastrophic to the blower.
    I'm still working out what pulley setup I am going to use. My motor is a JDM b20b, so it will have that crank pulley you're talking about.
    That being said, Calgary is at approx. 3500 ft above sea level. Based on my experience with friends superchargers they typically run around 3psi or so less at our elevation due to air density.
    But I also want to be able to drive the car out to the coast etc. once in a while without running into issues. May have to have some pulleys kicking around to swap out haha.

Yes, i've been reading the thread on HT for some time now. Lots of info in there, definitely more info on the m62 setups than m45 though.
    Thanks for the link to the guy from vibrant. Nice knowing there is someone in Canada to get the parts from.

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

I'm still working out what pulley setup I am going to use. My motor is a JDM b20b, so it will have that crank pulley you're talking about.
    That being said, Calgary is at approx. 3500 ft above sea level. Based on my experience with friends superchargers they typically run around 3psi or so less at our elevation due to air density.
    But I also want to be able to drive the car out to the coast etc. once in a while without running into issues. May have to have some pulleys kicking around to swap out haha.

Yes, i've been reading the thread on HT for some time now. Lots of info in there, definitely more info on the m62 setups than m45 though.
    Thanks for the link to the guy from vibrant. Nice knowing there is someone in Canada to get the parts from.
    Lol yeah I've stocked you car for year's.

3psi that's seem a bit low iirc 6-8psi is were the kits sits from factory from my understanding. But then again I've never had a stock kit on a stock car to know the difference lol. Would like to hear more about this can't wait to see it.
    I do know the install info says not to run cams or chips because they are setup based of the rpms and the system ties to the cars stock ecu for management and they don't require much timing to be pulled because of this.

Yeah he a cool guy he on fb in the supercharged Honda group and the jrsc group you should join them as well lots of parts and info there. PM me I'll send you his contact information if u need it.

Vehicle

3psi that's seem a bit low iirc 6-8psi is were the kits sits from factory from my understanding. But then again I've never had a stock kit on a stock car to know the difference lol. Would like to hear more about this can't wait to see it.
    I do know the install info says not to run cams or chips because they are setup based of the rpms and the system ties to the cars stock ecu for management and they don't require much timing to be pulled because of this.
    Sorry, I meant to say 3 psi below the stock kits at sea level. So if kit was 8 psi, would probably run about 5psi up here.

I'll hit you up for that guys info!

Yeah, pulleys and such i've got them all, kit was very complete, even has the FMU. Which I won't be using.
    [img]IMG_6685 by jdmca5, on Flickr[/img]

Vehicle
    89/accord/lxi

Sorry, I meant to say 3 psi below the stock kits at sea level. So if kit was 8 psi, would probably run about 5psi up here.

I'll hit you up for that guys info!

Yeah, pulleys and such i've got them all, kit was very complete, even has the FMU. Which I won't be using.
    [img]IMG_6685 by jdmca5, on Flickr[/img]
    Oh ok that makes a like of since now. Also running a type r intake and gsr exhaust cam will hell you maximize you hp with out messing things up to bad. My good friend has had a kit in his gsr teg for 20 year now as a dd with every setup you can think of. Fun car some where around 250whp(+/-). You run out of gear before the s/c feels like it not making power lol.

Side note if you want to sell that afm let me know because I may be interested because automatic transmission problems