Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A20 turbo manifold?

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: A20 turbo manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnshatch View Post
    I was thinking of making my own by just cutting the stock flange off and welding it to an old b series i have
    why do that and possibly have future problems,when there is a really good manifold already available, even if you get it to weld, you have to contend with the expansion rates of two different materials welded together, and probably future cracks

Vehicle
    87 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by gfrg88 View Post
    Just have to get cast iron really hot, red hot, and keep it that way and welds are ok
    X2 (and dont cool it with air or water afterwards, let it cool on its own)

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Mild steel and cast iron still have different thermal properties. After a bunch of heat cycling, it's going to crack.

Vehicle
    87 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
    Mild steel and cast iron still have different thermal properties. After a bunch of heat cycling, it's going to crack.
    well for some reason my two different metals welded together dont totally agree with you. My cast iron flange welded to mild steel have held up just fine for 3 years so far, and thats driving and beating on it everyday. Not to say it wont eventually crack, idunno, but any manifold could crack after time under certain circumstances. I think its more in the craftsman of the product, whether or not he knows what hes doing.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lx

lilhatchbesmokinU Don't sell your 3g because some dude said you should. That's stupid. Don't sell your car because your dad says its dumb. (unless he paid for it or in some way will be contributing financially to this) this is your car, your build, your ride. You have to drive it, you have to work on it and make the decision yourself. Giving up when things get tough wont get you anywhere. If you like the car and you want to make something of it then save your money and make it happen. I have a bone stock 3g. I want to make it fast, good looking and I don't care how much it costs, because I'll drive it till it quits, then I'll drop another motor in it. I love the car. It's great. You never come out on top. The only way you do is if you buy something brand new, and put a ton of money in it, then drive it for 30 ish years and enjoy the hell out of it, and hopefully it takes like the NSX or Skyline and is stupid valuable. You don't make a build based on your pocket. It's based on what you want. It's based on what you like. You will never come out on top monetarely. But it is fun as hell to pass a car 2, 3, 5 times the cost of your car. Build what you want not what your dad wants, or what someone else tells you. Take the advice and make your own build. I'd rather have a 3g over a civic because of originality. If you'd rather have a civic then get a civic. You'll never make it up modding cars. You mod cars because you love it, not to make a profit.

Banned
    Vehicle
    givenns

Hi guys.

Edit for spam.
    Last edited by rteopas; 11-28-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

If you are interested in a cheesy cast manifold and downpipe, I still have one I could sell. Had a few buyers flake on my over the years, so it's boxed up collecting dust in my attic.

I may also have a really nice full turbo kit available, if that's more up your alley. Gotta check in with a potential buyer to see if he's still interested.

Sounds like you are looking at odb1 rather than standalone, but if you change your mind, I've got a complete electromotive tecgt setup with coils and crank and cam trigger sensors for sequential fuel injection. As close to turnkey standalone as you can get for an A20.

Feel free to pm me if you have any interest in any of those things.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi Hatchback

Who are you talking to? The thread is 6 years old... naturally I am interested, but I'm not earlier in this thread.

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch

Well, the thread was revived by the guy before me... rteopas.

That being said, I'm happy to sell my old accord stuff to whoever is interested.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Start a new for sale thread Im sure someone would want the manifold.

EDIT: sorry about the bitcoin spammer I missed it the first couple of times.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!