Thread: my cars build history, need opinions and input

my cars build history, need opinions and input

Im going to post pictures that start when i first got my car to the point its at now, i would like to know what you think of the car now, what would you change, and is it too ricey.
    Tell me if over the past year my car has gotten better or worse. Dont be shy im good with critisicm.

First got my car..

first engine mod

stickers!

next engine setup

3rd setup

Re: my cars build history, need opinions and input

autox

cool little leds for the gauges

removed rear emblems when i had to get a new trunk lid becasue i backed into a tree ><

fake Carbon Fiber eyelids (now removed : ( )

yet another engine shot

random shots

2nd set of fogs

Grant wheel

newer engine setup

random

fast

diffrent engine setup

sound

CURRENT
    new fogs

gauge switch etc. removed fake pedal pad things

sub and neon tube

current engine

fogs at nigh

VIDS
    Dads mini coop

church parking lot

muffler (sounds diffrent now due to a suspected leak O.O or maybe its just gettin worse, either way it sounds diffrent)

accel

Sorry for the mass posting jsut figured id get yalls opninons, again dont be shy i can take advice and insults, and also, there are more pics like today at work i reloacted a swtich and tonight im moving my neon in the back around so u can see the sub bettter instead of just looking like this

I removed all the stickers in my car, re did the intake setup about 1000000 times, installed sound system, pioneer sub, 3 sets of tires so far, in a year and a half basically, exaughst has stayed teh same, random interior stuff is always changing. I think i like the current setup the best. O and i also just put all the wires in the engine bay (the thin red ones) in a loom so it looks slightly better.
    Last edited by mastaofdisasta; 03-11-2008 at 02:57 PM.

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

ilike it id put the oem honda fogs back on and sand the raised parts on the valve cover though also take the center caps back off

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    83 accord honda hatch

where to start your battery is exploded and has been for some time replace it for the love of god , seccond its automatic third im prety sure that you intake is doing absolutley nothing no offnse. so heres the short list of things that i would change 5spd swap woud be good ,,a new battery and possabley relocate it to offset your wight in the car. at the very least a new battery im relly surprised that you passed tech like that i would try to remove your black box . other then that on the positive side i doo like the interior of you car and the outside as whell not to rice for my tastes i hope that you do not get offended you said to be honost andd this is it (didnt see the most recent intake looks fine) and clean up you wireing a bit

Trust me man, ive taken more instults for my car from all my friends than you can possibly imagine : ) I like to think of this as constructive critisicm. And i do see the wastefulness of putting money into an automatic, but im not sure i have the technical ability to do a 5spd swap, but i love this car so much i enjoy doing stuff to it. Battery is on my to-do list down the road. And as for the intake, your right it does do nothing, and i know there is a CAI off a certain year integra that will fit, and that as well is on my to do list, but i might just do a custom one with a aem bypass valve. Thank your for your help. And what do you mean by the "black box"?

Vehicle
    83 accord honda hatch

whell if your unsure of your abilitys to do a tranny swap dont wory about you black box (it is that little black box in the upper passengers side of your engine bay that controls you vaccume systems dont touch it if you dont know whats up with it) deffentaly stick within your confort level or find others in your area that can give you a hand like i said love the exterior got to aggre with cah though that the stcok fog lights looked more bad ass i think that it goes with the cars styling to be more boxy. glad you got reid of the pedal covers other than that welcome to the fourm stick around a bit and you might just learn a thing or two XD -nate

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX Hatchbacik

Build yourself a cai with the jc whitney piping and do a better job painting the valve cover. Also, sand the letting and lines on the valve cover. Paint the cai and valve cover both black. Your red power wires in the engine bay look tacky.

Vehicle
    83 accord honda hatch

oh bite size burtal lol

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

i dont think u can remove the black box on a efi 3g without converting to obd-1

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

haha thanks guys, like i said, i did put black wire loom over the red wires i jsut havent gotten pics yet. O and xvok, thanks for the welcome, but ive been here since april 2006 : ) and if i can still find the stock fogs and covers ill see about putting them back on, but as for now thats on the bottom of the list lol, i kinda like these new ones, i just dont like how they leave the gaping whole where the stock ones used to be so i might mount them somewhere else. Ive been wanting to paint the valve cover, but full time college work and gf make it hard. I have to wait at last 2 weeks to do anything (til my next paycheck comes in) What do you guys thing about running the fog lights in the grill or sometihng like that?

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

IMO... your interior was super clean when you got the car, clean up things like wires running all over and switches that look out of place. I personally don't like your steering wheel, but it is your car.

only other major thing I would say is fix your exhaust so it doesnt sit so far in from your bumper.

Other than that, keep driving it... seeing people autox their cars is awesome.

exaust is also on my list, and i relocated the big goofy out of plac switch and hid those wires. What im wondering is if i got a muffler shop to red my piping to about 2.25 inch piping with some generic muffler, i know id lose HP, but how would it sound in comparison to mine. I was think bout either reusing the muffler i have now or gettin a magnaflow or flowmaster muffler for it. Would that sound tinny at alll?

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

I was running a magnaflow twin tip muffler with a magnaflow resonator and 2.25:" piping on my old se-i and it sounded great. Wasn't tinny at all, and didnt drive me nuts on the highway.

Thats something to look into then. I was soooo close to buying a honda fit about a month ago

DX User
    Vehicle
    89' Honda Accord EX-i Coupe

CLEAN Accord, your exhaust sounds exactly like mine

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

ha you got the same poddy as me. also love the color of the car, nice

Just got an estimate on 2.25 inch piping from the cat back, about 100$ if i keep my muffler. Relocated out of place toggle switch to a less random area ad used wire loom in the engine bay.