Thread: What would you be willing to pay...

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

What would you be willing to pay...

Alright guys, so ive been thinking lately that i need some more spare money for my new "project" (will post some pics and info on that some other time).

So a lot of you guys have been wanting to go turbo right, but cant find manifolds... im planning on makin a couple simple log manifolds. im not planning on making much money here, just trying to help you guys out and help fund my project.

So heres the question how much would you guys be willing to pay for a log manifold??
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

SEi User
    Vehicle
    87 hatch, stock sleeve b series gsr clone..

Re: What would you be willing to pay...

People have told me $300, but then I said I'd never make a log..
    Good luck funding your project by selling on 3geez...

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah no one will buy them cuz to turbo a car takes up to like 2k...if you do it right.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Bass Man

IMO, you might make a lot more money making regular headers! I need one, and they aren't that hard to make.
    ($60 for a flange, $8 in tubing, and about 2-3 hours per header, and you can sell them for a good profit! I would put down $80-90 for a better-than-stock manifold!)
    Last edited by Bass Man; 03-23-2008 at 08:31 PM.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

Quote Originally Posted by Accordtheory View Post
    Good luck funding your project by selling on 3geez...
    yeah i know... people on here never actually buy things they want once theres an oppurtunity or something like that...oh well... i guess ill jus keep saving up my pennies then

ill prolly make one just for the hell of it.. i still have an old flange siting around here somewhere...
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Man View Post
    IMO, you might make a lot more money making regular headers! I need one, and they aren't that hard to make.
    ($60 for a flange, $8 in tubing, and about 2-3 hours per header, and you can sell them for a good profit! I would put down $80-90 for a better-than-stock manifold!)
    flanges are cheaper than $60. If you remember right depending on where you get it they cost between 25-50. I could've sworn I saw a guy a while back for like $30 for an a20 flange. Can't remember where though.
    Lostforawhile:we have to pick on him he's CAH he spray painted himself into this corner with the accord.

Bass Man

Quote Originally Posted by turabaka View Post
    flanges are cheaper than $60. If you remember right depending on where you get it they cost between 25-50. I could've sworn I saw a guy a while back for like $30 for an a20 flange. Can't remember where though.
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47396&

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1 View Post
    I placed my order... 2-3 Weeks later we'll see what happens

$46.00 from BMC Racing
    Maybe they are cheaper

SEi User
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Man View Post

$80-90 doesn't add up. You said it yourself. 3hrs @ 20/hr (who's going to even flip the "on" switch on their tig for less than 20/hr, what a joke, no way)+ the flange + materials, no way. And $8 in tubing, where did you get that figure? Chances are you'd have about that original figure in just material cost.
    Last edited by Accordtheory; 03-24-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Bass Man

Well, around here, the price of 2" is $2 a foot, and 1.5" is $1.50 a foot, so maybe more around $15.

I don't know... I am on unemployment and was hoping for a cheap header.

SEi User
    Vehicle

What type of material are you talking about exactly? To put it in perspective, sch 10 1.5" 304 is about $6/foot, + shipping. You wouldn't use sch 10 for a n/a header, but still. Not cheap. A decent turbo manifold is about $200 in metal. I can't imagine the thinner metal being all that much cheaper. If you're talking about mild, that would be, but that would also be garbage. At least in my not so humble opinion..